Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 03 May 2018, 21:00

I'll tell you this, when I first heard all the jackass shit Rudy was saying - I thought he was throwing DT under the bus. remember all that talk of him being "considered" for Attorney General? they dropped him like a hot potato. surely it must be payback time. naw.

after reading the President's tweets - it seems like they are changing horses in midstream again.
boy, they sure are going through a lot of them.
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 May 2018, 21:02

sneelock wrote:I'll tell you this, when I first heard all the jackass shit Rudy was saying - I thought he was throwing DT under the bus. remember all that talk of him being "considered" for Attorney General? they dropped him like a hot potato. surely it must be payback time. naw.

after reading the President's tweets - it seems like they are changing horses in midstream again.
boy, they sure are going through a lot of them.

On CNN, they were saying at lunch that Guiliani and Trump are spouting all this stuff to show that the FBI and DOJ are corrupt. And if that happens, there could be a purge.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 May 2018, 21:03

Snarfyguy wrote:[yoking the $130K payment directly to the campgaign ("what if the story had come out before the third debate?"), etc.

Doesn't seem to help the cause, but what do I know?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 04 May 2018, 00:05

I haven’t followed this story so I’m not really up on it. Wapo says Rudy G was worried about the federal law problems of campaign money was used for this and wanted to nip it in the bud. He may not be wrong, but it seems like a pretty rash stunt to pull, without working it out with Trump’s real lawyers first. As far as I know, Rufy G. has never really been a white collar defense lawyer. Letting him make these calls seems super reckless. Business as usual.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 04 May 2018, 15:04

LeBaron wrote:I haven’t followed this story so I’m not really up on it. Wapo says Rudy G was worried about the federal law problems of campaign money was used for this and wanted to nip it in the bud. He may not be wrong, but it seems like a pretty rash stunt to pull, without working it out with Trump’s real lawyers first. As far as I know, Rufy G. has never really been a white collar defense lawyer. Letting him make these calls seems super reckless. Business as usual.

But then Rudy said the money was paid to clear Trump's reputation so he could have a clean run for the Presidency. That means the money was spent for the campaign and so qualifies as a campaign expense. Maybe.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 May 2018, 18:41

so, NBC said the FBI had Cohen wiretapped. Rudy said DT paid Cohen back and DT tweeted back up to this. THEN NBC retracts the wiretap story and DT tweets that Rudy didn't know what he was talking about. sheesh.

Maybe Rudy just has Turrets or something. it seems to me that Sean Hannity would NOT have been gobsmacked by Rudy contradicting what the White House has been saying for months - seems like he would have been in the loop.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 05 May 2018, 00:03

Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:I haven’t followed this story so I’m not really up on it. Wapo says Rudy G was worried about the federal law problems of campaign money was used for this and wanted to nip it in the bud. He may not be wrong, but it seems like a pretty rash stunt to pull, without working it out with Trump’s real lawyers first. As far as I know, Rufy G. has never really been a white collar defense lawyer. Letting him make these calls seems super reckless. Business as usual.

But then Rudy said the money was paid to clear Trump's reputation so he could have a clean run for the Presidency. That means the money was spent for the campaign and so qualifies as a campaign expense. Maybe.

Rudy can say that, but he with the campaign then, so they have room wriggle away from that. He can give his impressions of their intent, but Trump and others can contradict him and the courts will probably buy it.

If Daniel’s attorney has emails showing that they were pushing to get it done before the election (as he says he does) - that might be trouble for them.

Meanwhile, I suspect that Rudy thinks the campaign finance angle is the biggest danger and decided to pre-empt it. Badly.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 05 May 2018, 04:56

Many in Milwaukee Neighborhood Didn’t Vote — and Don’t Regret It

MILWAUKEE — Four barbers and a firefighter were pondering their future under a Trump presidency at the Upper Cutz barbershop last week….

All four barbers had voted for Mr. Obama. But only two could muster the enthusiasm to vote this time. And even then, it was a sort of protest. One wrote in Mrs. Clinton’s Democratic opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The other wrote in himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/m ... et-it.html

See how in time the truth comes out? Blaming Bernie bros, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Russia, sexism, etc., for Hillary's loss. More Hillary supporter-style bullshit. Those factors were peanuts compared to how Obama and then a presumed Clinton White House would not serve the people with tangible things and policies.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 05 May 2018, 05:54

You know...I REALLY hope that Bernie Sanders or whomever you like in 2020 wins the next Presidential election, just so that I can watch you become disillusioned with them and post dumbshit articles like this one.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 May 2018, 06:00

Jimbo wrote:

MILWAUKEE — Four barbers and a firefighter were pondering their future under a Trump presidency at the Upper Cutz barbershop last week….

All four barbers had voted for Mr. Obama. But only two could muster the enthusiasm to vote this time. And even then, it was a sort of protest. One wrote in Mrs. Clinton’s Democratic opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The other wrote in himself.

See how in time the truth comes out? Blaming Bernie bros, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Russia, sexism, etc., for Hillary's loss. More Hillary supporter-style bullshit. Those factors were peanuts compared to how Obama and then a presumed Clinton White House would not serve the people with tangible things and policies.

I looked and the thread title is still "Donald J Trump".
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 05 May 2018, 06:13

He’s blaming Obama, Hillary, and the DNC for Trump.

It makes sense after a LOT of pot.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 May 2018, 06:39

Jimbo wrote:

Why are we still re-litigating the 2016 election? None of that shit is on the score board anymore. The administration is in hot water and I think the question is: is Mueller going to Subpoena Trump or not? As usual, Benjamin Wittes seems to have a clear sense of the players and their options. https://www.lawfareblog.com/game-theory-trump-subpoena
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 May 2018, 08:57

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:He’s blaming Obama, Hillary, and the DNC for Trump.

It makes sense after a LOT of pot.

:lol:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 05 May 2018, 22:06

Holy shit I just read this NYT piece on Cohen and I’m speechless. They say Trump likes people out central casting and his PERSONAL LAWYER is SO FUCKING SHADY ITS UNBELIEVABLE. If the full weight of the US Attorney of the Southern District is after this guy, he’s so fucked. So fucked. There’s almost no way they don’t find a boatload of serious federal crimes. He’ll rue the day he ever got mixed up with Donald J. Trump, that’s for sure. Unless, of course, the only way he can avoid the avalanche of legal shit on its way is to sing like a bird.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/busi ... umn-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 May 2018, 01:11

Well, I’m in some serious need of cheering up. I spend too much of my day with TRUMP supporters and I’m beginning to seriously doubt their capacity to stop supporting him. On the contrary — they are talking about the economy and employment rates improving. While we are talking about one legal and public relations dumpster fire after another, they are talking about how President Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize. I shit you not.

The same people who tell me that they heard the comedian Michelle Wolf was arrested for bestiality (she wasn’t) refuse to believe ANY news that doesn’t please them. This week the White House lied and lied and lied about lying. I don’t know a single TRUMP supporter who gives a shit. They still talk about locking Hillary up. If Mueller has the goods on TRUMP and he releases it to the public, I think the best we can hope for is that TRUMP locks Hillary up.

TRUMP’s goofy doctor fessed up that DT himself wrote that ridiculous letter he signed his name to during the campaign.. So what, Hillary has done worse. He fires real lawyers and replaces them with Crazy Rudy. So what? Hillary, Hillary, Hillary....

Many Republicans of today are like bikers in gangs. They don’t give a shit what you think of them and they probably don’t need to get to know you to know they don’t like you. This gives them a tremendous advantage — they are all, more or less, on the same page.

Meanwhile, I’m getting it from both sides. The lefties that also can’t shut up about Hillary tell me I’m a corporate whore for voting for her. I’m also “holier than thou” according to dems who think Bernie should have sat the last one out.

I don’t forcast “a blue wave” — I think we’ll be lucky to get a majority in one house or the other. Republicans are banging the war drums. Sure, there’s some discontent but i think TRUMP is going to be taking credit for the sun coming up in the morning and most of the party is going to be behind him. We’ve got our work cut out for us.

I mean, you’d think this week would be encouraging but I’m not encouraged. I think we are SO FUCKED.
uggy poopy doody.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 06 May 2018, 03:53

I feel your pain, snee.
I feel your pain.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 06 May 2018, 05:03

Snee - I can argue both sides of “screwed” and “not screwed”.

On the “not” side of the ledger - I think we’ll get something at least somewhat wave-like. I think we are going to take the house concincly. I give us a 30% chance of taking the senate. But once we have the house, there will start to be some consequences for President Mulligan. Not only from our side of the aisle, but from the folks on the GOP side no longer freaked out about the mid-terms.

I think his lame-duck status kicks in there, and then I think he’ll be in a weak-enough position to be defeated if Dems can muster a decent candidate.

On the “screwed” side...we are still going to live in a country with a lot of the types you described in your post. In that podcast with Jaron Lanier I posted on your Facebook thread, he mentioned a book called “Finite and Infinte Games” - which is essentially about game theory. But the premise is that some games are meant to end, and others are meant to go on endlessly.

Politics used to be an infinite game. Your team one for a while, then the other team won. Each side recognized the authority of the other to lead when they won.

The problem is, the GOP started playing a finite game decades ago, while Dems keep playing the for infinity. That can’t go on. As long as one side is working the doomsday machine, there’s not a lot of future to look forward to.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 May 2018, 15:36

LeBaron wrote:Holy shit I just read this NYT piece on Cohen and I’m speechless. They say Trump likes people out central casting and his PERSONAL LAWYER is SO FUCKING SHADY ITS UNBELIEVABLE. If the full weight of the US Attorney of the Southern District is after this guy, he’s so fucked. So fucked. There’s almost no way they don’t find a boatload of serious federal crimes. He’ll rue the day he ever got mixed up with Donald J. Trump, that’s for sure. Unless, of course, the only way he can avoid the avalanche of legal shit on its way is to sing like a bird.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/busi ... umn-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Yes, that was pretty eye opening if unsurprising.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 May 2018, 21:25

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... clear-deal
Disgustipatin’.

Aides to Donald Trump, the US president, hired an Israeli private intelligence agency to orchestrate a “dirty ops” campaign against key individuals from the Obama administration who helped negotiate the Iran nuclear deal, the Observer can reveal.

People in the Trump camp contacted private investigators in May last year to “get dirt” on Ben Rhodes, who had been one of Barack Obama’s top national security advisers, and Colin Kahl, deputy assistant to Obama, as part of an elaborate attempt to discredit the deal.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 May 2018, 06:20

I hear that Paul Manafort will soon be off the hook because a federal judge recognized that he was arrested not for his crime but solely to pressure him to dish Trump dirt.
Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”