Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby clive gash » 27 Apr 2018, 16:40

We’ve not received the latest ANALYSIS.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Apr 2018, 16:50

Jimbo wrote:How come no one here is cheering for the DNC lawsuit against Wikileaks?

I'm all for it.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Apr 2018, 00:53

I think the way they are going about it is a mistake. I think it plays into the Repubs narrative that the Dems are still in denial about 2016. I think it puts the Repubs in the cat-bird seat and they are already more smug than I can possibly stand. I think the best antidote to that smugness is to beat the ever loving pants off of them this year.

I think the audio clip Jimbo posted underlines some worries I've been having about the party's ability to do this. I don't want to get my Sumo Suit on and start grappling with Davey but MY opinion is that the party is seriously out of touch with the political realities of the year 2018. I think the lawsuit is unfocused and makes them look like whiners. I'd like to see them acting like winners. rah rah.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Apr 2018, 05:03

sneelock wrote:I don't want to get my Sumo Suit on and start grappling with Davey but MY opinion is that the party is seriously out of touch with the political realities of the year 2018. I think the lawsuit is unfocused and makes them look like whiners. I'd like to see them acting like winners. rah rah.

I’m not a big fan of the lawsuit. But I don’t think it is going to impact things much either way. Nobody seems to care - and that is probably fine.

As for the larger issue regarding the party...I’m just not sure that you can tell anything from how things look right now. I get your concerns, and I don’t dismiss them. But I’m not sure that Democrats gain anything by nationalizing their message/strategy in 2018. We are going to try to win in a lot of reddish-purple districts and states - and the best way to do that is to allow voters to look at their individual candidates as not too closely aligned with Nancy and Chuck.

So for the moment, I think we’re seeing what we should be seeing. If it gets to late 2019 and it still feels like this, I’ll join you in worrying.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Apr 2018, 05:17

Well, when the legislative brach of the government is enabling a corrupt executive branch what else is there but the judicial branch?

Keep in mind that the object here is not to put Wikileaks or Russia "in jail," but rather to see what information/documents emerge in the discovery phase of the proceedings (if it gets to that point). I don't really care "how it looks"; the right wing is going to be making the same amount of noise no matter what the left does, or doesn't do.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Apr 2018, 06:28

Jimbo wrote:
The Democrats are officially an over-funded novelty joke party with a humorously ironic novelty joke name. They are useless. They are worthless. Time for something new

Pelosi: “I Don’t See Anything Inappropriate” In Rigging Primaries

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/pelo ... 1ac1bb70c8

Here’s some context...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.pastem ... stric.html

The DCCC is in the business of trying to win elections. Jason Crow is currently leading Mile Coffman in most polls in what has historically been a reliably conservative district. So why shouldn’t the party back a guy who they think can win?

By all accounts Tillerman looks pretty solid, so I won’t try to compare him to the parade of tea party candidates who lost winnable seats for the GOP over the last few elections. But their existence illustrates why the party would want to be involved and why strict democracy isn’t always the best idea. We don’t actually know these people. We see them on tv. We read about them. The people who work in politics do - and they often know things we don’t.

So we have a system that allows the party to try to guide their voters. You wouldn’t disagree with that as a concept if you felt they were guiding people towards the things you want.you would call it leadership.

Anyhow - Tillerman’s brand of progressivism might or might not be electable in a reddish-purple district. We don’t know. But we DO know that Crow was polling ahead before Tillerman released that tape. If it causes the local party to split and elects Coffman, will that feel like a progressive victory to you?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2018, 17:19

Well, it didn't take Rudy long to straighten everything out, LOL!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 May 2018, 17:39

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 03 May 2018, 17:50

:lol:
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 03 May 2018, 18:17

I thought that Guiliani thing was a major fuckup at first but it was deliberate, right?
Copping to it as a personal payment is the least bad option right now.
Notice the way he fell over himself to make clear that it wasn't campaign money.
Like that campaign was competent enough to know the difference.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 May 2018, 18:30

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Image

I was in a meeting when I saw this post and proper laughed out loud
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 03 May 2018, 18:39

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2018, 19:18

Count Machuki wrote:I thought that Guiliani thing was a major fuckup at first but it was deliberate, right?

I haven't watched the interview, but the sense I'm getting is that Rudy seemed unaware of what the official line on Stormy Daniels was. There were previously no concessions that a) Trump reimbursed Cohen for the $130K or b) that Trump was aware of the payment from Cohen to Daniels in the first place.

Now, suddenly, per Rudy, the issue isn't whether Trump knew anything in particular or did anything in particular, but rather how the things he did weren't FEC violations.

WHAT? Unless I'm missing something -- and please do let me know -- it seems clear that Rudy didn't know what his team's position on this issue was when he went on TV to talk about it. How can that even be possible?

Anyway, this all may have been part of a plan to state for the record what the administration's position is now, but either it was a bad plan, or Rudy bungled it in a major way. Now we have Cohen on a retainer arrangement for non-legal work, follow-up tweets that appear to create problems for Trump in Daniel's defamation suit and furthermore, Rudy's assertion that the funds paid out weren't campaign funds hardly gets trump off the hook.

But I'm enjoying these people tying themselves into rhetorical knots and just making everything worse and worse for themselves! :D

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 03 May 2018, 19:24

Snarfyguy wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I thought that Guiliani thing was a major fuckup at first but it was deliberate, right?

I haven't watched the interview, but the sense I'm getting is that Rudy seemed unaware of what the official line on Stormy Daniels was. There were previously no concessions that a) Trump reimbursed Cohen for the $130K or b) that Trump was aware of the payment from Cohen to Daniels in the first place.

Now, suddenly, per Rudy, the issue isn't whether Trump knew anything in particular or did anything in particular, but rather how the things he did weren't FEC violations.

WHAT? Unless I'm missing something -- and please do let me know -- it seems clear that Rudy didn't know what his team's position on this issue was when he went on TV to talk about it. How can that even be possible?

Anyway, this all may have been part of a plan to state for the record what the administration's position is now, but either it was a bad plan, or Rudy bungled it in a major way. Now we have Cohen on a retainer arrangement for non-legal work, follow-up tweets that appear to create problems for Trump in Daniel's defamation suit and furthermore, Rudy's assertion that the funds paid out weren't campaign funds hardly gets trump off the hook.

But I'm enjoying these people tying themselves into rhetorical knots and just making everything worse and worse for themselves! :D

In the UK the Guardian's view was that after the FBI raid on Cohen's home and office they are copping to the "small" stuff that will come out ahead of time so they can concentrate on the seriously criminal further down the line
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2018, 19:25

It’s hard to assess how much of Rudy Giuliani’s behavior can be considered legal cluelessness and how much of it can be considered an example of taking a bullet to the leg in order to prevent a bullet to the heart. Presumably, they know that the old lies about the Stormy Daniels payment cannot be sustained now that the Feds have Cohen’s records. They can no longer defend against a campaign finance violation so there’s no point in trying. Their main concern is trying to prevent Cohen from becoming a cooperating witness, so Rudy says, “Cohen made it go away. He did his job.”

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/05/0 ... PE.twitter

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2018, 19:31

Giuliani: "The settlement payment, which is a very regular thing for lawyers to do. The question there was, the only possible violation there would be: Was it a campaign finance violation? Which usually results in a fine, by the way, not this big stormtroopers coming in and breaking down his apartment and breaking down his office.

"That was money that was paid by his lawyer, the way I would do, out of his law firm funds or whatever funds — it doesn't matter — and the president reimbursed that over the period of several months."

Hannity: "He had said, I distinctly remember, that he did it on his own —"

Giuliani: "He did?"

Hannity: "Without asking —"

Giuliani: "I don't know, I haven't investigated that. No reason to dispute that, no reason to dispute that recollection. I like Michael a lot, you like Michael a lot —"

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 May 2018, 19:38

Notice the way he fell over himself to make clear that it wasn't campaign money.

I don't understand that whole thing. Everyone on the left and pundits are saying it was a mistake, but he went on Hannity and Fox and Friends this morning with same story.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2018, 20:13

sloopjohnc wrote:

I don't understand that whole thing. Everyone on the left and pundits are saying it was a mistake, but he went on Hannity and Fox and Friends this morning with same story.

I think he was trying to clarify his comments, although he seemed actually to compound Trump's legal problems (e.g. he fired Comey over his failure to exonerate him; yoking the $130K payment directly to the campgaign ("what if the story had come out before the third debate?"), etc.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 May 2018, 20:38

JFC

Rudy Giuliani called for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to intervene in the Michael Cohen case and put the people behind the probe “under investigation” in a phone call with The Hill on Thursday.

“I am waiting for the Attorney General to step in, in his role as defender of justice, and put these people under investigation,” Giuliani said, reacting to an NBC News report that phones belonging to Cohen, President Trump’s longtime personal attorney, had been tapped by investigators.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... n-on-cohen

Can you imagine the how incriminating your evidence has to be to get a warrant to record THE PRESIDENT'S LAWYER'S phone calls?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 May 2018, 20:53

it's gotta be because of Michael Cohen's recorded phone calls.
it's too late for " he didn't know" so they're stressing that it wasn't campaign money.
another sack of shit excuse that will be replaced with another bag as soon as the bottom falls out of this one.
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Nextdoorland”