MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 17:57

Dr Markus wrote:I'm currently watching NCAA women's bowling, are you really telling me you can get a full ride if you're good at bowling? :shock:

I saw that was on ESPN this weekend. It must suck when you lose contracts for NBA playoffs and can only show baseball at certain times.

The other thing ESPN was showing was women's college softball.

But, to answer your question. . .

If you are looking to play at the college level, some of the top schools include Wichita State University, University of Nebraska, New Jersey City University, and Vanderbilt University. These schools' bowling programs award scholarships based on talent. As bowling has become more high-visibility and more popular among student athletes, the level of competition has increased for school-funded scholarships. Much of the funding is controlled by organizations like the NCAA, which also means there is a great amount of emphasis placed on not only talent but academic records, as those awarded scholarships must meet certain GPA requirements.

A particularly good resource for bowling scholarships is the USBC, as it is the national governing body of bowling as recognized by the USOC. This organization requires a membership and bowling is a good example of a sport where it would be wise to utilize any connections to local leagues and organizations. If you're good enough to play on your local league's team, chances are you're eligible for a number of scholarships. Most cities, states and regions also have their own bowling associations and scholarship funds earmarked for participants in their groups, or residents of those areas. These local awards often emphasize criteria outside of bowling, including community service, academic achievement and financial need.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 18:00

I'm too lazy to read all that, so i'm just gonna guess you said "Yes you can, oh graciously brilliant and honorable Mark, sir".
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 23:04

Dr Markus wrote:I'm too lazy to read all that, so i'm just gonna guess you said "Yes you can, oh graciously brilliant and honorable Mark, sir".

You got 1/10th of the response correct.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 23:12

sloopjohnc wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:I'm too lazy to read all that, so i'm just gonna guess you said "Yes you can, oh graciously brilliant and honorable Mark, sir".

You got 1/10th of the response correct.

The words "lazy to read".
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Apr 2018, 15:26

We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 18 Apr 2018, 10:05

Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.

I love that. We could all be a little more New York.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 21:18

hippopotamus wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.

Or less.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 21:30

Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 18 Apr 2018, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Apr 2018, 21:38

hippopotamus wrote:

I agree. It was quite a sight! I hope he stops off to do it every day.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2018, 21:49

sloopjohnc wrote:Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.

And here you are telling all the world about it! I guess your lips aren't sealed.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

NMB

Postby NMB » 18 Apr 2018, 22:00

sloopjohnc wrote:Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.

How do you know it was that Jane Wiedlin ? Does her profile say “of the Go Go’s” ?

If she didn’t contact you I assume she just thought “out of my league”. Or “nah, sleeveless t-shirt”.
turn on, tune in, nod off

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 18 Apr 2018, 22:01

Her eyes must be sealed LOL
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:10

NMB wrote:

How do you know it was that Jane Wiedlin ? Does her profile say “of the Go Go’s” ?

If she didn’t contact you I assume she just thought “out of my league”. Or “nah, sleeveless t-shirt”.

She has a photo of herself now and a bunch of pics when she was younger. She lists herself as professional musician.

I would bet that I'm a little too square.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:11

nev gash wrote:Her eyes must be sealed LOL

Oh, my ribs hurt so much.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:12

Count Machuki wrote:

And here you are telling all the world about it! I guess your lips aren't sealed.

Everyone has screen names, like here.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 18 Apr 2018, 22:17

The No-Go’s
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:37

nev gash wrote:The No-Go’s

:lol:

Pretty much. . .

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Apr 2018, 03:57

So it didn't work out with Emma Samms? :(

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Apr 2018, 16:49

Charlie O. wrote:So it didn't work out with Emma Samms? :(

:lol:

No.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Apr 2018, 17:54

I don't know if this is true, but I just read this on Twitter. If it is, it's pretty shocking.

Median household net worth in America

White, no high school diploma: $82,968
Black, college degree: $70,219

Return to “Nextdoorland”