Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Dr Markus

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Apr 2018, 22:17

sloopjohnc wrote:
Antonio McDyess vs. Donyell Marshall.

:lol: Donyell Marshall :lol:

McDyess!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Apr 2018, 22:36

Dr Markus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Antonio McDyess vs. Donyell Marshall.

:lol: Donyell Marshall :lol:

McDyess!

Marshall collected NBA paychecks for 15 seasons.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Apr 2018, 22:44

Yeah, I remember him. Still a funny name to pull out of nowhere.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 17:02

Dr Markus wrote:Yeah, I remember him. Still a funny name to pull out of nowhere.

That's the idea. How 'bout this?

Stacey Augmon vs. Michael Cooper

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 17:06

sloopjohnc wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Yeah, I remember him. Still a funny name to pull out of nowhere.

I have to go for Augmon, think Cooper was a bit before my time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 22:47

Dr Markus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I have to go for Augmon, think Cooper was a bit before my time.

Sorry, I forgot you're not a student of the game.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 22:49

:lol: I know who cooper is, just never seen him play live.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Apr 2018, 17:41

I have an old pick up hoops and rec league buddy who absolutely hates Klay Thompson. At the half last night, he replied to a Warriors post of mine with, "Is Klay playing tonight."

I responded that were was another half to go.

At the end of the game, I replied, "I have two words for you: Boo. Yeah."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 19:03

Portland going to New Orleans after losing two at home.

Bye, bye.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2018, 01:49

Fuck, pop's wife has died. No wonder he was more "pop" than usual lately.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2018, 14:57

I wouldn't take a 3 point win over the pacers as the cavs being back to form.

I wonder will NBATV and ESPN have a hard on to tell the world that Harden was 11% from the field last night, like they do when he drops a shit load of points? Even when he scores a lot his FG% is still shit on average. I wish for every player that pops up with a lot of points, they also put up their FG%. I bet a lot of people wouldn't find the points scored that impressive.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Apr 2018, 17:04

Dr Markus wrote:I wouldn't take a 3 point win over the pacers as the cavs being back to form.

I wonder will NBATV and ESPN have a hard on to tell the world that Harden was 11% from the field last night, like they do when he drops a shit load of points? Even when he scores a lot his FG% is still shit on average. I wish for every player that pops up with a lot of points, they also put up their FG%. I bet a lot of people wouldn't find the points scored that impressive.

Last night is a good example of why the Rockets went and got Chris Paul.

Shaq, Kenny Smith and Barkley were all over Karl Anthony Towns about not stepping up. This is just one of them. Start at 4:30.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2018, 18:40

the Warriors center-by-committee rotation has been interesting this season. For this series, it's been JaVale McGee and Kevon Looney, who's finally playing to his potential and draft position. He's been incredibly solid and versatile on defense and he grabbed a rebound right out of Rudy Gay's hands last night.

During the season, it was Pachulia and Bell mostly, before Bell got injured, with David West coming off the bench, but this tandem seems to be working.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 23 Apr 2018, 17:57

This year's playoffs are more fun than last year's. Loads of close series so far.
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Apr 2018, 21:49

WG Kaspar wrote:This year's playoffs are more fun than last year's. Loads of close series so far.

There are - and four games this past Saturday and four on Sunday. Basketball, end to end.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 24 Apr 2018, 08:20

Joe Ingles is who we should all aspire to be.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Apr 2018, 11:31

The Westbrook Rubio thing just sums up the difference between European and US players. Rubio doesn't get 28 or so points every night, so that time he did was a once off. So Westbrooks saying he's not gonna do that again, was always gonna be true. The difference is Rubio does what's needed for the team, he doesn't really care about the points total. While I haven't seen any post interviews yet, i'm pretty sure Westbrook is gonna think to himself he shut Rubio down and be happy with himself. The thing is, They lost the game and Westbrook shot 38%. He has nothing to be happy about.

Some day. I hope, people will start to question the praise the likes of Harden, Westbrook, Mitchell get and start look at the FG percentage. They'll hopefully start thinking, "yeah he got over 30 but he to take 40 shots to get it. So it's not really that amazing".

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Apr 2018, 17:35

Rubio also has to do a lot less for his team than Westbrook and has nothing to do with the difference between US and Euro players. if Westbrook was playing with Donovan Mitchell in the back court, he wouldn't have to do as much either.

The Jazz play way better as a team and are exploiting the limitations of OKC's simpleton offense and defense.

I think that may have to do with Quinn Snyder being a long-time college coach. A couple weeks ago I wrote about college coaches not necessarily doing well in the NBA. I think Snyder is going to be one of the ones that sticks. I also think that has to do with the makeup of the team - no real divas and their best player is a rookie, and a willing to learn rookie.

I loved seeing Ingles getting into George's head. He's like the guy on the court who keeps scoring, getting loose balls, making smart passes and you wonder how he does it without exceptional athleticism. Because he's a really smart player.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Apr 2018, 17:38

sloopjohnc wrote:Rubio also has to do a lot less for his team than Westbrook and has nothing to do with the difference between US and Euro players. if Westbrook was playing with Donovan Mitchell in the back court, he wouldn't have to do as much either.

You're missing my point, it's about looking after number one with westbrook, and making things about him instead of helping the team. Watch the game, Westbrook stayed on Rubio and didn't play any help. That's someone not playing team ball and making sure he looks good above his team.

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-westbrook-matchup-ricky-rubio-152106833.html

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Apr 2018, 17:47

Dr Markus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Rubio also has to do a lot less for his team than Westbrook and has nothing to do with the difference between US and Euro players. if Westbrook was playing with Donovan Mitchell in the back court, he wouldn't have to do as much either.

You're missing my point, it's about looking after number one with westbrook, and making things about him instead of helping the team. Watch the game, Westbrook stayed on Rubio and didn't play any help. That's someone not playing team ball and making sure he looks good above his team.

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-westbrook-matchup-ricky-rubio-152106833.html

I'd agree to a point, but the averaging a triple double the past two seasons always sways me that he's a good team player, yet with a unique style. There's never been another player like Westbrook - always on attack.

People have criticized Westbrook to your point, when in the game before last night's, he said after the game, "That shit ain't happening again, to Rubio going off. Well, Rubio didn't necessarily go off, but he played a more well rounded game. Westbrook didn't help himself with four fouls in the first half.

Return to “Sporting Life”