Urban Myths - Sky Arts

Do talk back
Dr Markus

Re: Urban Myths - Sky Arts

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2018, 17:43

The Grundy one looks good. The dude playing lydon is the spitting image.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 13 Apr 2018, 19:25

I think it's a great idea but some of the casting choices are a bit daft.

I watched the Billy Wilder/Marilyn Monroe one last night and it was pretty good.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 13 Apr 2018, 21:06

German Dave wrote:Have you seen either of the other two I've mentioned, John?

Just bits of them. I wasn't keen on seeing Jack Whitehall playing Bolan...
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 13 Apr 2018, 21:09

I've got a couple recorded - I'll probably watch them tonight.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2018, 21:26

Weston Drury, Jnr. wrote:I think it's a great idea but some of the casting choices are a bit daft.

I watched the Billy Wilder/Marilyn Monroe one last night and it was pretty good.

Never nothing wrong casting gemma arterton. Phew.

Watching Whitehall will be a struggle.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 13 Apr 2018, 23:33

Dr Markus wrote:The Grundy one looks good. The dude playing lydon is the spitting image.

Just watched it and really enjoyed it.

I think whoever it was really nailed Matlock - dopey, whiney. The rest were OK - especially whatsisface as Grundy. Now I need to find out how much of the less-famous stuff (the phone calls to the Green Room, Grundy's wife breaking down) is true!

I always thought the original programme went out on Granada, not Thames... :?

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 21 Apr 2018, 00:30

The Live Aid one was OK - I was amused to see Status Quo portrayed as a pair of thick dickheads, and the Geldof actor was fine.

The Bowie/Bolan one was essentially a conversation and not a particularly interesting one at that. But the fella who played the young Bowie was very good. At first I thought it was set in 1967, but then the talk of the recently-released 'House Of The Rising Sun' put it at 1964 - which doesn't seem right. But I suppose they can sidestep all those issues by saying it's 'fictionalised'.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 21 Apr 2018, 03:32

I thought the Bowie/Bolan thing was a bit ludicrous, Whitehall had a haircut from 1972 and seemed to base Bolan on Julian Clarey!
It's difficult to see what they're going for and it falls between the two stools of a more naturalistic drama and the over the top approach of something like Stella Street or the guy that does the youtube vids which deliberately turns the impressions into grotesque caricatures for comedy. Its neither one or the other, but I did quite enjoy the Dylan one I saw.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Apr 2018, 10:53

Any of these available anywhere other than Murdoch-vision? If so, link would be appreciated.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 21 Apr 2018, 11:21

Rayge wrote:Any of these available anywhere other than Murdoch-vision? If so, link would be appreciated.

Here's a link for the Live Aid episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfSkQBvFRPs
Give a shit or be a shit.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 21 Apr 2018, 12:51

The Pistols one I think you should see, Ray

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Apr 2018, 12:59

Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare wrote:The Pistols one I think you should see, Ray

Sure, I'd love to, but, y'know, Murdoch.
If I can't steal from him, I want nothing to do with his wallet :) .

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 21 Apr 2018, 13:33

Easily obtainable without lining the old cunt's pockets, R

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Apr 2018, 13:46

I'll try looking once the sun goes down.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 23 Apr 2018, 01:16

I watched the Live Aid (very funny) and Wilder/Monroe (meh, despite Gemma A) ones last night
I would have watched the whole lot if they'd been available on my brother's sky box
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 23 Apr 2018, 01:23

Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 24 Apr 2018, 00:02

Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare wrote:The Live Aid one was OK - I was amused to see Status Quo portrayed as a pair of thick dickheads, and the Geldof actor was fine.

The Bowie/Bolan one was essentially a conversation and not a particularly interesting one at that. But the fella who played the young Bowie was very good. At first I thought it was set in 1967, but then the talk of the recently-released 'House Of The Rising Sun' put it at 1964 - which doesn't seem right. But I suppose they can sidestep all those issues by saying it's 'fictionalised'.

And then there's a mention of Davey Jones of the Monkees which totally confused me regarding which year we were in.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 24 Apr 2018, 00:09

Ah yeah!

crikey - what a pile of poo!

Return to “Yakety Yak”