MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Belle Lettre » 08 Apr 2018, 22:33

Glad it went well, Yomp.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Apr 2018, 21:38

Watched and listened to some of the Zuckerberg Senate hearings. Kind of amusing to listen to 60+ year olds ask questions that were obviously prepared by junior staff members. I bet if you asked them what their questions were about, they wouldn't be able.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 Apr 2018, 21:58

Don't you mean "they wouldn't even"?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2018, 00:35

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Don't you mean "they wouldn't even"?

I guess.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2018, 00:36

I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty pathetic when I was taking a piss at work and was thinking how much I'm looking forward to the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO, premiering tonight.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Apr 2018, 14:48

sloopjohnc wrote:I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty pathetic when I was taking a piss at work and was thinking how much I'm looking forward to the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO, premiering tonight.

Eh? that's gonna be brilliant, he's a legend. Ok i'm a wrasslin fan, but even as a person, his life was interesting.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2018, 17:04

sloopjohnc wrote:I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty pathetic when I was taking a piss at work and was thinking how much I'm looking forward to the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO, premiering tonight.

He was known as "Le Géant Jean Ferré" here before he became André the Giant.

Always fun to watch.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2018, 17:06

sloopjohnc wrote:Watched and listened to some of the Zuckerberg Senate hearings. Kind of amusing to listen to 60+ year olds ask questions that were obviously prepared by junior staff members. I bet if you asked them what their questions were about, they wouldn't be able.

Paraphrasing: "Would you tell us where you're staying?" - "er....No"

"If we asked you to share with us all the people you have exchanged e-mails with in the last few weeks, would you tell us?" - "er...Not here in public, no".

:oops:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2018, 18:59

souphound wrote:

Always fun to watch.

It's a great, affectionate documentary. I recommend it if you like wrestling. They also interview Rob Reiner and his Princess Bride co-stars.

It also gives a pretty good history of pro wrestling. When I was little, I used to watch "Big Time Wrestling" Saturday afternoons. Wrestling was very territorial back then in the US, like 32 different territories from the documentary. Which is way you always saw Pat Patterson (in the documentary), Ray Stevens and Peter Maiva each week.

In my mid 20s, Cable boomed and my roommate and friend at the time used to watch WWF a couple times a week on USA and TBS. That was when Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, George "The Animal" Steele, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Junkyard Dog, and others, including Andre the Giants, were featured on TV. The golden age in my book.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2018, 21:45

sloopjohnc wrote:
souphound wrote:

Always fun to watch.

It's a great, affectionate documentary. I recommend it if you like wrestling. They also interview Rob Reiner and his Princess Bride co-stars.

It also gives a pretty good history of pro wrestling. When I was little, I used to watch "Big Time Wrestling" Saturday afternoons. Wrestling was very territorial back then in the US, like 32 different territories from the documentary. Which is way you always saw Pat Patterson (in the documentary), Ray Stevens and Peter Maiva each week.

In my mid 20s, Cable boomed and my roommate and friend at the time used to watch WWF a couple times a week on USA and TBS. That was when Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, George "The Animal" Steele, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Junkyard Dog, and others, including Andre the Giants, were featured on TV. The golden age in my book.

Wrestling was localized back then here too. Our shows were on Sunday mornings, which was great because I could have the tv to myself while others slept or did other things. They did shows in schools too, which was neat.

I also remember those WWF years and all the guys you mention. Good spectacle.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2018, 16:32

Got a group text from my cousin Karen about her brother who's in rehab in Flagstaff, AZ. He's still not physically able to handle the mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of treatment according to the facility director. They think it's going to take six weeks more for him to get there.

He's also had ascites (I had to look it up - fluid build up in the abdominal cavity) and has had to go to the hospital to get his stomach drained. Both are results of his cirrhosis.

He fucked himself real good.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 12 Apr 2018, 16:45

Some nasty people brought in home-made brownies and over-supplied Easter chocolate to the office this morning. I'm temporarily chocolate out.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2018, 18:22

My boss is okay but kinda weird. At every other place I've worked, my boss has told me when he or she would be out of the office or late so I 'd know to cover for him or her.

Sometimes my boss will tell me if he's going to be gone, but lots of times he doesn't so me and our vendors are just left to wonder where the heck he is.

I'm working on a mobile-friendly site for one of our divisions and one of our vendors called me to look at something she'd done on the developmental site and asked where our boss was. I said I had no idea.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 12 Apr 2018, 18:32

Morale is low in my office. It's almost like people don't want to work for $8/hour plus commission, no matter how much they like classical music.

Time for "Funny Hat Day?"

:x / :roll:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Apr 2018, 00:40

Thank Fuck It's Friday then!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Apr 2018, 01:48

Since two years we have a store manager active where I work- the guy is a total disaster. He was managing other stores in the chain and the stories from some of the staff there were less than flattering. The reason he is still in a job is that he is a good friend of the regional manager who doesn't mind shopping him around rather than sack him. The moment he was installed our sales manager immediately asked for a transfer out as he had worked with him before and didn't want anything to do with him.

Our store manager is a keyboard warrior, one that rather decrees via e-mail than by leading by example. The store is a mess. He is not one of those guys that gets angry or upset no does he hold people accountable for the created mess. He pushes all his work to the other members of the management group who are buried in dealing with their own jobs as well as the ones he should be doing himself. He excels in playing off people against each other, never is to blame for any bad results and is more concerned about outward appearance than factual solutions. He is now micro-managing all stock going out, either when it is being sold or transferred out- it is a pain in the ass to sell something that way.

i am lucky in that sense that I have managed to combat some of his inane philosophies. I run the CD and DVD-departments in the store and those are extremely successful. In the first week of his reign I was hauled into the office once for (believe it or not)- playing an Eurythmics-CD instore. His problem was that playing 80s-music wasn't in line with the projected view of what the store should exude- young, dynamic, energetic. He has the philosophy that our chain should focus on the 12-44 age group and anything playing/selling should support that theory. So lots of chart hits and upbeat stuff.
My response to this bullshit was to point out the vast number of elderly still using shops rather than going online and they don't (always) appreciate to be bombarded with house beats. The music playlist I set up is meant to be a sales tool rather than window dressing or his own personal (or mine, for that matter) radio station. The regional manager even got involved in this insanity- I managed to convince him of the 'sales' strategy and that was the end of that. Ever since that confrontation which was wide in the open, he avoids talking to me. We are cordial but never talk to each other and that suits me fine.

Late last year our company issued a survey asking staff's opinion on the running of our store and management in general. The results came back and apparently our results are so bad that the regional manager has asked for an investigation....to be led by the store manager. You can't make this shit up.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 13 Apr 2018, 02:13

never/ever wrote:Late last year our company issued a survey asking staff's opinion on the running of our store and management in general. The results came back and apparently our results are so bad that the regional manager has asked for an investigation....to be led by the store manager. You can't make this shit up.

:D That would be funny if it weren't so fucked up. Keep punching, maarts!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 13 Apr 2018, 08:06

You ought to have been fired for the Eurythmics song though.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Apr 2018, 08:08

Hugh wrote:You ought to have been fired for the Eurythmics song though.

It was a full album. I should be in jail.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 13 Apr 2018, 15:49

I have just completed my first full week of work in 11 weeks. I am shattered, but in a good way. So that is one thing which has sorted itself out, and a little regularity has returned to my life.
Unfortunately we had some bad news on Wednesday. The MOL was taken into hospital in St Helier on Tuesday complaining of a distended stomach and severe pains in her abdomen. At first it looked like it was nothing serious, just wind or a colic. Which it was. However she continued to complain of severe pain, and when Bid finally got through to her on Wednesday night, she was in floods of tears and clearly very distressed. They gave her an MRI and some xrays, and it seems she has a fractured hip. Worse still, the bone is so friable they cannot do anything about it. We cannot go over as there are no flights this weekend, so Bid is really upset. Just when we thought we had the whole Jersey thing sorted and running, it all goes to shit again. So now I am going to see if we can get a flight over next weekend. We have been told she is going to be in the hospital for an extended period.

Please remind to drive off Beachy head when I get to 75 please. I never want to be old and frail...
You don't like me...do you?

Return to “Nextdoorland”