Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 23 Mar 2018, 04:02

AND semi-reasonable lawyer who counseled cooperation while actually avoiding talking with Mueller is also out.

It could be a double-stupid-whammy for Trump to get more confrontational AND talk to Mueller. He almost surely underestimates the actual stakes and overestimates his capabilities to open his mouth to law enforcement and NOT fuck up somehow.

What could possibly go wrong!?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 23 Mar 2018, 05:06

Very Stable Baron wrote:AND semi-reasonable lawyer who counseled cooperation while actually avoiding talking with Mueller is also out.

It could be a double-stupid-whammy for Trump to get more confrontational AND talk to Mueller. He almost surely underestimates the actual stakes and overestimates his capabilities to open his mouth to law enforcement and NOT fuck up somehow.

He'd have to quit/fire his whole legal team before sitting down for that interview. Even unicellular organisms want to live. So not happening.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 23 Mar 2018, 13:42

Let me see if I've got this right: yesterday evening Melania Trump shared a picture online indicating the projection of a united front with her husband, only to have revelations emerge, just hours later, that he had had an ongoing relationship with this McDougal woman, hooking up "many dozens" of times around the time of the birth of Mel and Don's child.

"I'm sorry," says McDougal to Melania, on TV.

I suppose the pre-nup is arranged so she can't do anything about it.

Wow.

(EDIT: Oh and he said McDougal reminded him of his daughter, how could I forget?)
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 23 Mar 2018, 21:48

Jimbo wrote:Here Are the (Davey) Dems Who Just Voted for Endless War in Yemen

Chris Coons (DE)
Catherine Cortez Masto (NV)
Joe Donnelly (IN)
Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
Doug Jones (AL)
Joe Manchin (WV)
Bob Menendez (NJ)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Jack Reed (RI)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/49041.htm

Replace them all with (Jimbo) Republicans and see what happens.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 23 Mar 2018, 22:50

Snarfyguy wrote:
Very Stable Baron wrote:AND semi-reasonable lawyer who counseled cooperation while actually avoiding talking with Mueller is also out.

He'd have to quit/fire his whole legal team before sitting down for that interview. Even unicellular organisms want to live. So not happening.

Well, Twitter says that CNN reports that the new (supposedly more pugilistic) lawyer is having second thoughts already. Hopefully Trump will decide to go pro se!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 24 Mar 2018, 13:19

Snarfyguy wrote:Let me see if I've got this right: yesterday evening Melania Trump shared a picture online indicating the projection of a united front with her husband, only to have revelations emerge, just hours later, that he had had an ongoing relationship with this McDougal woman, hooking up "many dozens" of times around the time of the birth of Mel and Don's child.

"I'm sorry," says McDougal to Melania, on TV.

I suppose the pre-nup is arranged so she can't do anything about it.

Wow.

(EDIT: Oh and he said McDougal reminded him of his daughter, how could I forget?)

Looking forward to the interview tomorrow
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 25 Mar 2018, 16:05

Very Stable Baron wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:

Well, Twitter says that CNN reports that the new (supposedly more pugilistic) lawyer is having second thoughts already. Hopefully Trump will decide to go pro se!

NYT is now reporting this. Apparently, diGenova’s wife (who was also going to work for Trump) represents the former spokesman for the Trump Legal Team and is conflicted out.

He may find it harder and harder to find lawyers with the talent and experience to take this on who aren’t conflicted out and are willing to put up with Trump, who is obviously a nightmare client. No one who would be qualified to do it will be hurting for money or work, so ... we’ll see how it goes ...

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Mar 2018, 14:43

BEEF BEE 'E' wrote:
Looking forward to the interview tomorrow

That Stormy Daniels interview was such a letdown. There was nothing new at all, except for a little more detail about some dude threatening her in a parking lot.

Her lawyer is terrific, though, huh? That guy knows exactly what the hell he's doing.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 26 Mar 2018, 14:46

He does.

SHE does!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 Mar 2018, 15:06

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Mar 2018, 16:44

Very Stable Baron wrote:NYT is now reporting this. Apparently, diGenova’s wife (who was also going to work for Trump) represents the former spokesman for the Trump Legal Team and is conflicted out.

He may find it harder and harder to find lawyers with the talent and experience to take this on who aren’t conflicted out and are willing to put up with Trump, who is obviously a nightmare client. No one who would be qualified to do it will be hurting for money or work, so ... we’ll see how it goes ...

Seems to be a kind he said/she said. In addition to conflicts (for which Toensing, anyway, apparently has waivers), Trump's side noted lack of "personal chemistry" with the pair (what is that code for?) and somewhere I read the White House commented negatively on their physical appearance at the sit-down. I wonder if they just couldn't reach an agreement on the terms of a retainer/engagement.

EDIT: A senior administration official described them as "disheveled" in a report on Politico. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... sia-484544
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 26 Mar 2018, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Mar 2018, 17:52

Get ready for World War 3. ;)
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/worl ... lsion.html

President Trump ordered the expulsion of 60 Russians from the United States on Monday, adding to a growing cascade of similar actions taken by western allies in response to Russia’s alleged poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Mar 2018, 18:31

collateral damage from the "DO NOT CONGRATULATE" fiasco? who knows.
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Mar 2018, 00:27

I follow Patton Oswalt's brother, Matt, on Twitter and he had a funny line about the Stormy Daniels/Karen McDougal thing.

"All this could have been avoided if Ivanka wasn't such a prude."
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Mar 2018, 00:30

:lol: Could somebody please give me the Heimleich?
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Mar 2018, 18:38

Will our Illustrious President acknowledge this?

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-074A
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Mar 2018, 19:10

Meanwhile, Trump suggests the military fund his wall.

Earlier this year, President Trump had agreed to trade protection for the Dreamers for funding for his precious border wall, but then he backed away from that agreement; as a result, there is no wall funding. The most recent budget deal in Congress still has no wall funding, and specifically states that any border construction must be see-through fencing. And since the budget needs 60 votes to pass the Senate, and Republicans have only 51 senators, there won’t be a wall unless Trump either gets a lot more Republicans in the Senate or else gets some Democrats to support it.

Unfortunately, Trump does not seem to understand how any of the above works.

Takeaway: Of course, Trump had a bipartisan agreement to fund the wall but decided to oppose this deal, and now believes he is entitled to get his side of the deal without giving anything up.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... gress.html

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Mar 2018, 22:29

CNN: "President Donald Trump's lawyer, John Dowd, floated the possibility last year with lawyers for former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort that the President might issue pardons for both men, The New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing three individuals with knowledge of the discussions."

That is not what innocent people do.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 30 Mar 2018, 04:52

The word "appeasement" is being used w/r/t Putin. Hmm.

Trump Told Aides Not To Publicize Weapons Sales To Ukraine

Hard to see the upside here.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 30 Mar 2018, 09:08

sloopjohnc wrote:I follow Patton Oswalt's brother, Matt, on Twitter and he had a funny line about the Stormy Daniels/Karen McDougal thing.

"All this could have been avoided if Ivanka wasn't such a prude."

:lol:

Return to “Nextdoorland”