MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 23 Mar 2018, 05:06

I went to an acoustic music jam tonight. I just took some harmonicas and played mostly in the background. I wanted to size up the crowd and see if I want to drag guitars and hand drums down there although it's only five minutes from my house. They meet once a month at that spot though there's a circuit in town. I've been away from my guitars and drums for a few years. I mean I've played but the times are short and infrequent and it has been months since I played a guitar over a year for my drumset. Pretty sad. So I'm using this jam session to goad me into playing. I don't want to embarrass myself so I will practice. It might be just the little push I need to get back to playing. I miss playing music so much. Need to get back into it.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Mar 2018, 10:15

Hope that muse won't leave you anytime soon mate. Just having that makes everything so much easier to bear.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 23 Mar 2018, 10:34

Go get em, Les! Enjoy it, onwards and upwards.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 23 Mar 2018, 11:21

Two weeks to go until my band stages our epic rock musical. Tensions were a bit high during rehearsals last night as our fearless leader has added ANOTHER BRAND NEW SONG and changed the arrangements on a couple more. It all got sorted out in the end, but we've only got three more rehearsals. Ugh, I hate crunch time.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 23 Mar 2018, 11:31

Good luck, harv!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Mar 2018, 17:13

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Two weeks to go until my band stages our epic rock musical. Tensions were a bit high during rehearsals last night as our fearless leader has added ANOTHER BRAND NEW SONG and changed the arrangements on a couple more. It all got sorted out in the end, but we've only got three more rehearsals. Ugh, I hate crunch time.

Wait what now???
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Mar 2018, 17:13

Six String wrote:I went to an acoustic music jam tonight. I just took some harmonicas and played mostly in the background. I wanted to size up the crowd and see if I want to drag guitars and hand drums down there although it's only five minutes from my house. They meet once a month at that spot though there's a circuit in town. I've been away from my guitars and drums for a few years. I mean I've played but the times are short and infrequent and it has been months since I played a guitar over a year for my drumset. Pretty sad. So I'm using this jam session to goad me into playing. I don't want to embarrass myself so I will practice. It might be just the little push I need to get back to playing. I miss playing music so much. Need to get back into it.

Excellent Les! Let's do a show together! :)

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 23 Mar 2018, 17:26

Alleged Local Policeman wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Two weeks to go until my band stages our epic rock musical. Tensions were a bit high during rehearsals last night as our fearless leader has added ANOTHER BRAND NEW SONG and changed the arrangements on a couple more. It all got sorted out in the end, but we've only got three more rehearsals. Ugh, I hate crunch time.

Wait what now???

https://www.facebook.com/events/255479321659765/permalink/255479741659723/
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Mar 2018, 18:55

Six String wrote:I went to an acoustic music jam tonight. I just took some harmonicas and played mostly in the background. I wanted to size up the crowd and see if I want to drag guitars and hand drums down there although it's only five minutes from my house. They meet once a month at that spot though there's a circuit in town. I've been away from my guitars and drums for a few years. I mean I've played but the times are short and infrequent and it has been months since I played a guitar over a year for my drumset. Pretty sad. So I'm using this jam session to goad me into playing. I don't want to embarrass myself so I will practice. It might be just the little push I need to get back to playing. I miss playing music so much. Need to get back into it.

Excellent Les! Let's do a show together! :)

Yes!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Mar 2018, 20:04

My ex just sent me this, Fathers' Day, nine years ago. Our 22 year-old was 13 and our 15 year-old was five. My dad woulda been around 80.

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 23 Mar 2018, 20:30

sloopjohnc wrote:My ex just sent me this, Fathers' Day, nine years ago. Our 22 year-old was 13 and our 15 year-old was five. My dad woulda been around 80.

Sweet
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 24 Mar 2018, 10:43

Harvey K-Tel wrote:

Wait what now???

https://www.facebook.com/events/255479321659765/permalink/255479741659723/

*like*
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Mar 2018, 01:10

My son, on the ground, and his friend decided they wanted to climb Mission Peak, a hill near our house. It's 2,500' in elevation. I think Minnie climbed it with some friends on one of her trips here.

Then they went out, lifted weights in the apt complex gym and are now on a bike ride.

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Mar 2018, 03:08

sloopjohnc wrote:My son, on the ground, and his friend decided they wanted to climb Mission Peak, a hill near our house. It's 2,500' in elevation. I think Minnie climbed it with some friends on one of her trips here.

Then they went out, lifted weights in the apt complex gym and are now on a bike ride.

Yeah! I've got a great pic of me on top of there.
Several welcome beers after the descent, I recall..once we had got past the rattlesnakes!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Mar 2018, 16:33

We lost our oldest family friend last night. I honestly thought she was just going to go on forever.

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 Mar 2018, 16:37

Oh, Anna, I'm sorry.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 26 Mar 2018, 19:57

Me too x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Mar 2018, 00:04

I'm sorry to hear that Anna. She'll live on in your memories.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Mar 2018, 01:12

Thanks Carol, Les and Charlie. She was a cake baking, cussing, pearl wearing wonder. She'll be whipping up some icing somewhere with a glass of Sherry x

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Mar 2018, 18:53

She sounds like a spitfire. We need more women like her.

Things are going well on the detox front. I'm now sleeping through the night and not waking with a need to take a percoset. The next step is seeing if I can stretch my need from every four hours to six hours which is the typical prescribing range for what I am taking. I've doubled up on my tumeric to help as well.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”