MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr Markus

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Mar 2018, 14:04

Only in Eire can you have St Paddys day on a Saturday but still get the Monday off so it can be "observed".
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Mar 2018, 16:19

After today, off until Monday. Too much drinking to be done.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 07 Mar 2018, 01:17

People who have read the American political threads over the past 15 years may remembered my warnings about George P Bush: son of Jeb, telegenic George Bush with brown skin, UT Law Grad. Well he’s served his first term as Texas Land Commissioner, a statewide elected position, and he hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory. He’s up for election tonight ... we’ll see what happens.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 07 Mar 2018, 04:26

Got my power back on after 4 days just in time for tomorrows 12-18 inches of snow. Mother nature bring it I'm off to the Grand Cayman next Thursday!!

Did squeeze in Andrew Bird:

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 07 Mar 2018, 13:53

Very Stable Baron wrote:People who have read the American political threads over the past 15 years may remembered my warnings about George P Bush: son of Jeb, telegenic George Bush with brown skin, UT Law Grad. Well he’s served his first term as Texas Land Commissioner, a statewide elected position, and he hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory. He’s up for election tonight ... we’ll see what happens.

Never mind, he won.
:lol:
But he has looked particularly hapless ...
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 07 Mar 2018, 14:27

Damn!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Mar 2018, 17:31

I was driving my son to school this morning, and he said "you're a dummy." I replied, "you're the dummy, smartass."

Come back, Sloop!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Mar 2018, 20:53

Drinking the night before and only getting 5 hours sleep is not good prep for circuit training. Proper fucked I tell thee.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 09 Mar 2018, 13:16

So (hi Minnie!) over the last few years, I've increasingly fallen into a sleep pattern where I doze off in front of the TV well before midnight, then wake up in the early hours, take Scrap out for an empty, maybe do the washing up or watch the end of the TV program that sent me to sleep, then go to bed around three or four, get up around 9 am (retired person's privilege).
This happened last night. This morning at around 8.30 I was woken up by a phone call. I picked it up, said hello, listened to some background office chat for about ten seconds, then someone with a heavy south Asian accent cheerfully introduced himself as 'Peter' and started burbling something about Windows. This is the third call I've had in the past two days from this particular bunch of cold-callers in Leighton Buzzard, and I'm afraid I mislaid my politeness under the bedcovers somewhere and I told Peter that wasn't his name, that I've never been near a Microsoft product in my life, and that he should remove himself from my consciousness and ponder his mortality, only in a more colourful, intensified way, possibly comparing him to external genitalia
Been feeling a little guilty and very fed up ever since, although I suspect the latter is more to do with being yanked out of deep sleep than anything else.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Mar 2018, 13:49

You're going to hell, Ray.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Mar 2018, 14:19

I never bother with talk, don't even slam the handset down, I just place it beside the phone and wander off...
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Nuts

Postby Nuts » 09 Mar 2018, 14:42

My response (I'm usually sat in front of my computer working, as usual) is to crank itunes up to a deafening level, find a suitable piece of music (Captain Beefheart Ah Feel Like Ahcid is a good one to really confuse the caller - or Discharge The Possibility Of Life's Destruction to blow the top of their head off) and then position the phone right next to the speaker. This nearly always works but I did have a caller recently who continued rabbiting away through the onslaught. Otherwise, just let them witter on and then ask them to hold on as there is someone at the door, and leave the call for ten minutes.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 10 Mar 2018, 17:00

I installed a landline for my wife to use as her mobile reception is terrible where we are.

We have never given out our number (and I don't even know it) but we still get cold calls. It is infuriating. I usually say "HELLO GOODBYE" and that's it.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Mar 2018, 17:25

FUCKING TELEMARKETERS!!! WHY MUST THEY DESTROY OUR LIVES?!?!?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 10 Mar 2018, 17:29

Where is sloop, that we may blame him for this?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Mar 2018, 17:31

You can blame me, if you want. While you're at it, would you care to contribute to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra?

edit: $1,500 in today on just 16 hours of calling...not too bad. Not too sure how many lives we've ruined by making telephones ring; that's always a hard stat to track.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Mar 2018, 17:44

We use a code for keeping track of clients that begins with their initials, followed by a randomly assigned number and today I've been photographing a wine collection belonging to client MW258. Sometimes when I'm photographing wine I like to find out the client's name and address and look them up on streetview to see how fabulously wealthy they are. Anyway, the MW in MW258 stands for Mike Watt! It's not THE Mike Watt, though, unless he's relocated from San Pedro to a leafy Toronto suburb.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Mar 2018, 18:29

I sent Harvey a PM about why I haven't been on here in a month in case he thought it was about him. It really wasn't. While I wasn't crazy about his response on the school shooting thread, I wrote what I wrote in response, but I don't carry grudges - too much work.

I've had a relative, a close relative, go into rehab for alcoholism, and the degree to which it had consumed him was pretty surprising to everyone. The rubber finally hit the road, as they say, and his physical condition pretty much forced him into rehab. That was the same time as when I left so it looked like I might have left for one reason, when it was really another completely different reason. Sorta.

My cousin's so bad that they had to take him out of rehab this week and put him in the hospital again. He's four years older than me, but looks 20 years older now. I won't go into the gory details, but I've been making the two hour drive up to Napa each weekend and two hours back for the last month and something had to give - and that was BCB.

His sister is coming out this weekend from New Jersey, where they grew up, and as I texted her yesterday after conversations with his doctor and nurse, it could be the last time she sees him alive. He's that bad. I also wanted to prepare her for his physical condition when she saw him.

He's my oldest cousin and I looked up to him when I was much younger. We have a small immediate family - me, my brother and my three cousins, so we're all pretty close. My mom and her sister married my dad and his lifelong best friend in a double wedding long ago so it's pretty tight.

I didn't want anyone on here to bear any emotional fallout or be collateral damage to how I was feeling, and felt it was getting that way when I responded to Harv, so I backed off.

I'm not promising anything, especially when random goofballs pick the Waterboys over September Gurls, but I'll try to restrain myself.

We all got our shit, huh?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Mar 2018, 19:51

This random goofball says 'you're wrong' but welcome back anyway.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 13 Mar 2018, 13:29

Nice to see you sloop. Take care. Those are hard times to go through.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Return to “Nextdoorland”