in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 01 Mar 2018, 02:05

Count Machuki wrote:I have FUCKING SHINGLES

SHINGLES!

what am I, flipping 80 years old?

And it hurts like Hell. And it's mad itchy. And I'm supposed to avoid contact with my kid.

Shingles! What a world.

Oh dear! Bad luck. Take care! And take it easy!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 01 Mar 2018, 02:48

Had Shingles once 4 or 5 years ago. Here's a tip:

DO DRUGS!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 01 Mar 2018, 02:57

Ouch! Get get better soon, Count.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 01 Mar 2018, 03:37

Sheesh, Count! That’s the pitz!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 01 Mar 2018, 14:36

Goddamn, Count! You need some socialized healthcare!

In other news, B used a steel scouring pad and dish soap on one of my cast-iron pans this morning. :(
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Mar 2018, 00:39

Sorry to hear about the shingles Count. You're too young for that shit, am I right? An acquaintance of mine got them pretty bad so I got the preventative inoculation as soon as I was eligible. I hope it doesn't get too bad or spread to other family members.
That sucks.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 02 Mar 2018, 01:14

My brother got shingles in his 40s which surprised me as I always associated it age. He had a pretty bad time with them. You have my sympathy Count :(

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 02 Mar 2018, 14:31

My son had shingles in his very early 20s so it’s not age-related. It can be brought on by stress or being generally run down. It’s caused by the chicken pox virus which lies dormant once you’ve had chicken pox. If you are unlucky it flares up as shingles. I didn’t think it was infectious to others though.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 02 Mar 2018, 15:03

A while back, my dentist developed it (fella in his 40s or so) and he had to take mandatory sick leave and have no patient contact until given the all clear.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 02 Mar 2018, 18:31

Turns out that you can catch chicken pox from someone with shingles, but shingles itself is not contagious.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Mar 2018, 02:54

Six String wrote:I had the easiest house purchase back in the 80s. I was renting the house and the owner told me he wanted to sell the house and he was either going to sell it to me or someone else. So I bought it. I was happy, didn't want to move and the price was very reasonable. We shared the same agent! He offered, I accepted, we signed papers, it was over.

That sounds almost comically idyllic, like something out of an Enid Blyton book for grown ups.

I had fallen very hard for the house we went to see. It had a crazy, almost Scandinavian look to it, with lovely native Texas plants out front, huge old oaks all the way round. There was gorgeous greenery in the front windows, and out back a lovely old deck stepped down to a covering of ancient oak canopy from both our yard and the neighbours. To top it all, there was a treehouse, with a little ladder that you climbed up, and you could walk from tree to tree. Inside, the master bedroom overlooked all the oaks and it just ached with character. It was also, importantly, incredibly fucking cheap.

The house went on the market on Friday evening and we went to see it at 10:30am on the Saturday. We made an offer in the afternoon and spent all afternoon scrambling a contract together and writing a ridiculous letter to the owner and in my head, I had moved in. Our realtor called us at 8pm and told us they had accepted their first offer, which must have been stupendous because we thought our offer was fucking amazing. We spent the next few days trying to dissect what had happened, which felt very weird, and the house has been on and off the market about ten times in the past five years so God knows what is going on. I should know better than to get emotionally invested in a property but I was absolutely gutted.

Part of this has to do with the significance the ownership of a house has in our lives. We met in 2010, and our lives flipped around. I abandoned (with no regrets despite how emotive the word "abandoned" sounds) everything I had to move to the US so we could have a life together. 90% of my things, a great career, and we've spent the best part of a decade trying to get back to some kind of stable springboard once we paid off a shitload of stuff that moving here racked up. At one point things were so shitty I contemplated selling my Mum's wedding ring and moving back to the UK to do some shift work just for a few months, we were so bloody desperate. Love conquers all and all that, but we came close to the wire a few times when I had next to no income. We have not done anything to decorate anywhere we have rented or make it "ours" as we always had the feeling that we would soon be moved on. Neither of us covet anything of any value or are interested in flash fucking cars or nice TVs or granite kitchens. We just want our own house that we can dick about with in any way we see fit and a place where we will wake up in the morning and know that the landlord isn't going to move us on. We want our own spot. We're so ready for it. After nearly ten years we are just looking forward for somewhere to really call our own.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Mar 2018, 03:01

And the Austin house buying market is INSANE.

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Mar 2018, 03:03

Minnie the Minx wrote:the house has been on and off the market about ten times in the past five years so God knows what is going on.

This makes me think you may have dodged a bullet.

I know you and Baron will have your very own manor soon, and it will be lovely.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Mar 2018, 03:05

Charlie O. wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:the house has been on and off the market about ten times in the past five years so God knows what is going on.

This makes me think you may have dodged a bullet.

I know you and Baron will have your very own manor soon, and it will be lovely.

Our realtor thinks they bought it as an investment and they just keep putting it on to see how much it will sell for.
The whole thing is BIZARRE.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Mar 2018, 04:58

Maybe it is better off that you missed that one with the history though there could be an explanation, I guess. It will happen when it's meant to happen. Austin is a relatively hot market. I know my situation was extraordinary and unusual and wouldn't happen in a city these days. That was a long time ago. As a woman at work on my last day said when I told her when I started working with Sutter and she said "I was one year old!" :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 04 Mar 2018, 13:23

Madame is a big Two today.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Mar 2018, 17:28

Some rank amateurs wrote:
Hello Dear,
For your protection, your AppIe Is automatically disabIed.

We find unauthorized log-in attempts to your AppIe from Thailand on 10:41 AM PST.
Please check your ldentity today or your AppIe will be disabIed due to
concerns we have for the safety and Integrity of the AppIe Community.

What To Do Next ?

To protect your AppIe, we recommended that you check and renew your AppIe informations to proof the ID is yours,

Check and Renew >> [link changed for your protection - CO]

Thank you,

AppIe Support

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Mar 2018, 00:47

Dear!!??
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Mar 2018, 02:17

Six String wrote:Dear!!??

I was suspicious, too.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 05 Mar 2018, 04:10

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Part of this has to do with the significance the ownership of a house has in our lives. We met in 2010, and our lives flipped around. I abandoned (with no regrets despite how emotive the word "abandoned" sounds) everything I had to move to the US so we could have a life together. 90% of my things, a great career, and we've spent the best part of a decade trying to get back to some kind of stable springboard once we paid off a shitload of stuff that moving here racked up. At one point things were so shitty I contemplated selling my Mum's wedding ring and moving back to the UK to do some shift work just for a few months, we were so bloody desperate. Love conquers all and all that, but we came close to the wire a few times when I had next to no income. We have not done anything to decorate anywhere we have rented or make it "ours" as we always had the feeling that we would soon be moved on. Neither of us covet anything of any value or are interested in flash fucking cars or nice TVs or granite kitchens. We just want our own house that we can dick about with in any way we see fit and a place where we will wake up in the morning and know that the landlord isn't going to move us on. We want our own spot. We're so ready for it. After nearly ten years we are just looking forward for somewhere to really call our own.

I can relate to those sentiments, been through all those things myself (swap US for Hong Kong) and came out the other end with pretty much what we aimed for. It's just a matter of time for you.

Return to “Nextdoorland”