Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Feb 2018, 21:26

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Bernie took more from big pharma in the last few years than Corey Booker.

And that's saying something considering how many pharma companies are headquartered or have major offices in New Jersey.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Feb 2018, 23:07

sloopjohnc wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Bernie took more from big pharma in the last few years than Corey Booker.

And that's saying something considering how many pharma companies are headquartered or have major offices in New Jersey.

In fairness (and in the name of intellectual honesty) - he ran for President, so he racked up big numbers from them in 2016.

But the point is: The selective vapors that Jimbo and most of the dummies he listens to get around the fact that politicians take donations are tedious. In the end they just pull shit like this out to attack the ones they don’t like, and pretend not to see the donations going to the ones they do like.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Feb 2018, 23:23

sloopjohnc wrote:

I used to know this kid from Nutley, NJ in the 80s and he said the 10 mg Va***um was basically an unofficial unit of currency back then. (Roche used to have a manufacturing plant in that town and I gather people who worked there must have been stealing like crazy.)
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Feb 2018, 23:35

Plus, the implication of "so what did they owe these corporations for this money they accepted?" as constituting any kind of proof is ridiculous on its face. You have to prove actual wrongdoing, you can't just imply it because you don't like who they accepted money from.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Feb 2018, 23:36

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

In fairness (and in the name of intellectual honesty) - he ran for President, so he racked up big numbers from them in 2016.

I agree - they play politicians like roulette, betting on red and black.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Feb 2018, 04:01

Count Machuki wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Bayer is in the link YOU provided! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Classic.

I'm reminded of one winter vacation when I offered to drive for gas money three other students from my dorm from NY to FLA. Not bad kids I had thought, fellow pot heads, but one thing that irked the shit out of me was how they'd laugh at shit that wasn't funny. I clearly recall a time driving off from a highway rest stop when one kid spilled hot coffee on himself and my backseat and they laughed like it was hilarious. I don't think it was the pot. I think it was because they were assholes.

You can knit pick at my stumbles if you like but I and the one other BCBer who from time to time bucks me up via PM knows what I'm on about. Fortunately there are other good folks out here who know too. Just read this heartening bit by Caitlin Johnstone on Consortium News about "gaslighting" and she concludes with this bit.

Your own educated best guess about what is going on in the world is infinitely superior to placing unquestioning faith in an establishment which has a vested interest in lying to you and a demonstrable history of doing so. Trust yourself and have full confidence that your conclusions, however imperfect, are always superior to those of known liars and manipulators.

Never, ever let anyone bully and cajole you for being skeptical of mainstream narratives instead of believing the say-so of malignant deceivers. Trust yourself. You are not being crazy, you are behaving logically. Don’t let them gaslight you.

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/02/12/h ... ubmission/
Question authority.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 13 Feb 2018, 04:38

Yes, hear hear for Jimbo's Educated Best Guess. Superior method!

Don't know what's going on? Take en educated best guess! Surely guessing shit will get us all the way over the top. Who doesn't like having their biases confirmed?

There is no narrative here except for general distrust of everything you hear on the news. That's the kind of thing a paid Russian troll would want you to believe.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 13 Feb 2018, 04:40

Also: way to change the subject dude!
Your masters have trained you well.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Feb 2018, 05:25

Imagine the folks on the Consortium News telling their readership not to pay too much mind if the facts don’t stack up!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Feb 2018, 13:02

sloopjohnc wrote: I agree - they play politicians like roulette, betting on red and black.

Well, lookie there, Cletus. Red again!

Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Feb 2018, 16:14

Brilliant and necessary.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Feb 2018, 18:24

oh no! President Clinton has killed "scores" of Russian soldiers in Syria!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-in-syria
the New York Post says "up to 100" but that's how the NY Post rolls.

oh, wait, Hillary isn't President! Holy Fuck!
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Feb 2018, 18:31

I wish Anthony Scaramucci was around to make sense of all this.
:(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 13 Feb 2018, 19:28

Bayer = IG Farben = Zyklon B
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 01:45

Copehead wrote:Bayer = IG Farben = Zyklon B

Kevin Bacon
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 14 Feb 2018, 04:50

:lol:
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2018, 12:00

Tweet Battle! Jimmy Dore vs Davey/Hatz/Snarf (bots)

Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 14:43

^^^ I don't have 32 minutes. Give it to me in 25 words or less. Trump's not our only problem? No shit! The fact that the entire cohort of Congressional "fiscal conservatives" and "deficit hawks" have abandoned any pretense of fidelity to their own convictions and that the party of law and order is trying to undermine the legitimacy of federal law enforcement and that the regulatory and administrative state is being dismantled by opportunistic thieves is all probably worse, however inextricably interrelated all this is with the current administration. But if it weren't Trump, it would probably just be somebody else. He's more the symptom than the root cause of our maladies.

But Happy Valentine's day!

GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Feb 2018, 14:58

Jimbo wrote:
Your own educated best guess about what is going on in the world is infinitely superior to placing unquestioning faith in an establishment which has a vested interest in lying to you and a demonstrable history of doing so. Trust yourself and have full confidence that your conclusions, however imperfect, are always superior to those of known liars and manipulators.

My gut tells me that it's weird that the administration has gone to such great lengths to protect Rob Porter. They know he's not the hill they're going to die on, so why not just throw him under the bus the way they did with Manafort, Papadpolous, et al? "That guy? Oh yeah, we hardly knew him. He used to fetch documents or something."

Is it just because Trump can't bear to break ranks with a fellow woman-abuser that the administration is suggesting Porter's going to land on his feet OR (Jimbo time!), do they want to stay in Porter's good graces so he won't blab any kind of damaging intel he's privy to? Recall how effusive Trump was in his praise of Mike Flynn when he departed under a dark cloud. That was likely just self-preservation and I wonder if the same strategy isn't in play here. I think the wife-beating is the least important element of the story.

This is my own educated BEST GUESS at what's going on with the Rob Porter scandal!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Feb 2018, 15:07

Shhhh. You are doing it wrong. You are supposed to get your best guess from Consortium News.

Return to “Nextdoorland”