New now reading

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
mission

Re: New now reading

Postby mission » 09 Feb 2018, 01:52

Copehead wrote:Why are their so many people who can't follow a simple argument on a thread about the appreciation of literature?

You obviously have the comprehension skills of child if you think that is what I meant.

It is like living amongst morons sometimes.

Was that O for Oaf Level?

Please continue to squirm and dance about, you silly man. I especially like it when you impugn the intelligence and academic achievements of the people you argue with. Keep that up. It's working well for you.
Goodness gracious me.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Feb 2018, 10:18

Got this after Chriistmas

Very good.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Robert

Postby Robert » 09 Feb 2018, 11:20

Copehead wrote:
I am a native speaker who got an A in O level English

Copehead wrote:
Why are their so many people who can't follow a simple argument on a thread about the appreciation of literature?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who did you blow to get your A in O?

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 11:23

Snarfyguy wrote:
Copehead wrote:And for your information Beer is distilled, it is how you make Whisky.

Are you drunk? :)

Anyway, let's move on. Anybody read any good books lately?

Nope I am too busy informing people about how you make Whisky, seems people think it is pixie pee or something.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 11:26

mission wrote:
Copehead wrote:Why are their so many people who can't follow a simple argument on a thread about the appreciation of literature?

You obviously have the comprehension skills of child if you think that is what I meant.

It is like living amongst morons sometimes.

Was that O for Oaf Level?

Please continue to squirm and dance about, you silly man. I especially like it when you impugn the intelligence and academic achievements of the people you argue with. Keep that up. It's working well for you.

Oaf level! arf! You should be doing this professionally.

I only impugn the intelligence of people I am arguing with if they deserve it. You are either wilfully misunderstanding my point or too thick to understand it, I hope it is the former, that would make you an arsehole rather than a moron and arseholes are funny.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 11:27

Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Copehead wrote:
Why are their so many people who can't follow a simple argument on a thread about the appreciation of literature?

That would have been illegal in 1981

Isn't an occasional typo to be expected when using a chat board or do you proof read all your dreary verbiage?

Robert

Postby Robert » 09 Feb 2018, 11:52

Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Copehead wrote:

Isn't an occasional typo to be expected when using a chat board or do you proof read all your dreary verbiage?

I don't, but certainly would,if, like your superior self, I was trying to convince people of my own superior grasp of English.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 13:20

Robert wrote:
I don't, but certainly would,if, like your superior self, I was trying to convince people of my own superior grasp of English.

And there in lies the difference between us; I am not hung up on making typos, I am hung up on tortured, rage inducing metaphors on the front covers of supposedly pithy, intellectual books.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Feb 2018, 13:31

Distilled Beer: New IPA Whiskey from Charbay

Question authority.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Feb 2018, 14:18

I NEVER SAID IT WAS "INTELLECTUAL".
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

mission

Postby mission » 09 Feb 2018, 14:27

A HANDY GUIDE TO FUCKHEADEDNESS

1. Make a forceful statement for no real reason other than you are fond of the sound of your own voice. Preferably an incorrect statement. It helps if you are talking about something you are ignorant of.

Beer isn't distilled at all, stupid analogy, fancy putting that on the front of the book

2. When someone points out part of the substance of your error ("The quote doesn't suggest beer is distilled. It suggests whisky is distilled"), unfurl your full array of fuckheadedness:

* add another error to create confusion and to hear that sweet, sweet roar of your own blustery gobshite:

Whisky isn't twice distilled either, it is generally continuously distilled until as much of the ethanol as possible is taken out of the distilling liquid.

* create the illusion you know what you're talking about.

I was at Laphroig a year ago and saw the process. Some Whiskey is double or triple distilled but it doesn't make it better so I don't understand that at all.

* if you can - and let's face it, you can - be pretentious.

I'll stick with Nietzsche or Camus.

* compound your initial error by demonstrating you really don't understand what you are talking about. Remember, be forceful in your stupidity.

Face it, it is a crap analogy. Whisky not beer I get but why bring distillation into it and confuse matters?

3. When someone tries harder to point out your real error - and not get sucked in by your diversionary lies and bluster - ("For one thing, that quote on the cover is a blurb, not an aphorism, and for another, if you can't understand the idea of the distillation of prose then I don't think it's worth discussing modern literature with you") - well, go straight back to step 2 and go in harder. Life is an online argument, after all, and the last one standing, shouting ill-informed shit, is plainly the winner.

And for your information Beer is distilled, it is how you make Whisky.

It helps if you completely ignore what others say - It is just a rather confused metaphor because I imagine they realised just a simple whisky/beer analogy would be hackneyed so they tried to gussy it up and just made you think "what the fuck are they doing that for?". - and make up what they said instead. That's far easier to argue against and brings extra fuckhead points.
Goodness gracious me.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 09 Feb 2018, 14:52

Anyone fancy a pint?

Distilled or otherwise.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

`

Postby ` » 09 Feb 2018, 15:23

Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Copehead wrote:

Typing "ther" or "theree" when intending to type "there" would be a typo.

The above poster's inability to distinguish between "there" and "their" isn't a typo, though, is it? No, it's a lack of basic literacy...

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Feb 2018, 15:34

Lol

Welcome to BCB, Caramba.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 16:31

Jimbo wrote:Distilled Beer: New IPA Whiskey from Charbay

I wouldn't necessarily want to drink fermented malt mash or wort but it is essentially beer.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 16:32

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I NEVER SAID IT WAS "INTELLECTUAL".

I know I did.

Would you say it isn't intellectual

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 16:33

mission wrote:

1. Make a forceful statement for no real reason other than you are fond of the sound of your own voice. Preferably an incorrect statement. It helps if you are talking about something you are ignorant of.

Beer isn't distilled at all, stupid analogy, fancy putting that on the front of the book

2. When someone points out part of the substance of your error ("The quote doesn't suggest beer is distilled. It suggests whisky is distilled"), unfurl your full array of fuckheadedness:

* add another error to create confusion and to hear that sweet, sweet roar of your own blustery gobshite:

Whisky isn't twice distilled either, it is generally continuously distilled until as much of the ethanol as possible is taken out of the distilling liquid.

I was at Laphroig a year ago and saw the process. Some Whiskey is double or triple distilled but it doesn't make it better so I don't understand that at all.

* compound your initial error by demonstrating you really don't understand what you are talking about. Remember, be forceful in your stupidity.

Face it, it is a crap analogy. Whisky not beer I get but why bring distillation into it and confuse matters?

3. When someone tries harder to point out your real error - and not get sucked in by your diversionary lies and bluster - ("For one thing, that quote on the cover is a blurb, not an aphorism, and for another, if you can't understand the idea of the distillation of prose then I don't think it's worth discussing modern literature with you") - well, go straight back to step 2 and go in harder. Life is an online argument, after all, and the last one standing, shouting ill-informed shit, is plainly the winner.

It helps if you completely ignore what others say - It is just a rather confused metaphor because I imagine they realised just a simple whisky/beer analogy would be hackneyed so they tried to gussy it up and just made you think "what the fuck are they doing that for?". - and make up what they said instead. That's far easier to argue against and brings extra fuckhead points.

:lol:

Haven't you got anything better to do?

I've got all day.

And the original quote is ambiguous, if you didn't know what beer and whisky were you could easily assume that both were distilled because the sentence is poorly written. I don't think beer is a distilled liquid but a well constructed sentence wouldn't leave it ambiguous like that.

My only issue with the sentence is it is banal, hackneyed, ambiguous and poorly written and therefore not a great advert for the book.

And something can be both a blurb for a book and an aphorism you know they are not mutually exclusive, but I have to imagine you may not be bright enough to realise that.

The rest of it is all in what passes for a brain in your case.

You need to get a life or you will end up like Min spending all your waking hours following me around the internet to make a point that was addressed years ago, is that really how you want to end up?

Anyway this is becoming just simple trolling and I really shouldn't do that it isn't nice however amusing it may be.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Feb 2018, 16:41

caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:

Typing "ther" or "theree" when intending to type "there" would be a typo.

The above poster's inability to distinguish between "there" and "their" isn't a typo, though, is it? No, it's a lack of basic literacy...

Welcome fuckwit

I look forward to spending the rest of my days here scouring your posts for misspellings and then calling you a stupid cunt when I find one.

Better use a proof reader you pedantic arsehole :)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Feb 2018, 16:50

Copehead wrote:
mission wrote:

:lol:

Haven't you got anything better to do?

I've got all day.

And the original quote is ambiguous, if you didn't know what beer and whisky were you could easily assume that both were distilled because the sentence is poorly written. I don't think beer is a distilled liquid but a well constructed sentence wouldn't leave it ambiguous like that.

My only issue with the sentence is it is banal, hackneyed, ambiguous and poorly written and therefore not a great advert for the book.

And something can be both a blurb for a book and an aphorism you know they are not mutually exclusive, but I have to imagine you may not be bright enough to realise that.

The rest of it is all in what passes for a brain in your case.

You need to get a life or you will end up like Min spending all your waking hours following me around the internet to remind me I have a selective memory and that I would rather put someone on ignore than ever answer a direct question because shit, that's one way of evading something my conscience could not handle is that really how you want to end up?

Anyway this is becoming just simple trolling and I really shouldn't do that it isn't nice however amusing it may be.

Crikey - someone got woke!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Feb 2018, 17:11

Copehead wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:I NEVER SAID IT WAS "INTELLECTUAL".

I know I did.

Would you say it isn't intellectual

I wouldn't call it intellectual, and I wouldn't say it's not intellectual. Would you call a painting "intellectual"?

Return to “Nextdoorland”