MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Feb 2018, 18:08

I told the kids the truth - that's my problem, I guess. I always tell the truth. And I told my ex the truth too. Now, she's telling me not to tell the doctor about the incident in my car a couple of weeks ago, because the doctor can yank a diabetic's driver's licence if he thinks there's negligence involved.

I'll probably tell him anyway.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Feb 2018, 18:12

Matt Wilson wrote:I told the kids the truth - that's my problem, I guess. I always tell the truth. And I told my ex the truth too. Now, she's telling me not to tell the doctor about the incident in my car a couple of weeks ago, because the doctor can yank a diabetic's driver's licence if he thinks there's negligence involved.

Definitely. A doctor's going to try and help you, not yank your license at the first opportunity.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Feb 2018, 18:32

Yeah, but I had an incident in 2006 when I was brought to a hospital in San Diego because I took too much insulin and the doctor was an asshole. He was threatening me with taking my license away. After awhile I just stopped talking to him. He kept me all night in the emergency ward and cut me loose at about 5:00 in the morning. My wife had already gone home of course... She agreed with him, too!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 02 Feb 2018, 18:43

Telling the truth may suck in the short term, but here’s hoping it serves you in the long term!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 02 Feb 2018, 18:54

sloopjohnc wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:I told the kids the truth - that's my problem, I guess. I always tell the truth. And I told my ex the truth too. Now, she's telling me not to tell the doctor about the incident in my car a couple of weeks ago, because the doctor can yank a diabetic's driver's licence if he thinks there's negligence involved.

Definitely. A doctor's going to try and help you, not yank your license at the first opportunity.

Matt Wilson wrote:Yeah, but I had an incident in 2006 when I was brought to a hospital in San Diego because I took too much insulin and the doctor was an asshole. He was threatening me with taking my license away. After awhile I just stopped talking to him. He kept me all night in the emergency ward and cut me loose at about 5:00 in the morning. My wife had already gone home of course... She agreed with him, too!

So, when you were still married, your wife wanted the doctor to take your licence away in order to protect yourself and others, but now that you're divorced, she wants you to keep driving. Very interesting...
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Feb 2018, 19:20

No, she didn't want him to take my license away, she just agreed with him when he was yelling at me. The two of them were too much for me so I just quit talking. This was after I told him he had a shitty bedside manner.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Feb 2018, 19:22

Matt Wilson wrote:No, she didn't want him to take my license away, she just agreed with him when he was yelling at me. The two of them were too much for me so I just quit talking. This was after I told him he had a shitty bedside manner.

Why was he yelling at you?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Feb 2018, 19:24

Bernie on FB wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:No, she didn't want him to take my license away, she just agreed with him when he was yelling at me. The two of them were too much for me so I just quit talking. This was after I told him he had a shitty bedside manner.

He blamed me for taking too much insulin. He said I monitored myself too much, and that I should only check my blood four times a day. When I told him that's not what the American Diabetes website said that's when the trouble began.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 02 Feb 2018, 20:07

Matt Wilson wrote:
Bernie on FB wrote:

He blamed me for taking too much insulin. He said I monitored myself too much, and that I should only check my blood four times a day. When I told him that's not what the American Diabetes website said that's when the trouble began.

Some doctors aren't nice people, because some people aren't nice people. Obviously there has to be a sense of trust there. I used to work in a diabetes clinic, and I found it really hard. Hard, because there was nothing I could say sometimes to make someone feel reassured. Diabetes is a bitch. It's different for so many people and it's something you have to live with and be aware of every moment of the day.
I don't really know your circumstances, or how healthcare works where you are, but it's very important to find a doctor you trust to look after you. Losing awareness is something that can happen, and means that it's more dangerous as you have seen yourself.
It's better to see someone when it's not in an emergency situation, and when you can have a long chat, and try and establish a relationship.
I know it's not easy, though I can't really imagine how hard or scary it must be. But, you know its important. I hope doctors you meant don't make you feel like it's your fault, obviously its not. But please do try and see if you can get help.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 02 Feb 2018, 21:03

You have to believe that the doctor is trying to help you. Trust your doctor. Type one diabetes can change over the years, and you need help in finding a way to manage it better. The doctor is just trying to make you aware of the danger of the situation. You have to trust him/her. I know it isn't easy. Stan always thinks he knows better than the doctor. I have had periods of instability with my type 2 diabetes. Dizziness, extreme tiredness and so on. When I go to the doctor, they are always a bit stroppy, and I am not always delighted with their prescriptions. But I have to believe they are acting in my best interest.
You don't like me...do you?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 02 Feb 2018, 21:34

As everyone has said, Matt. Take care.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Feb 2018, 22:10

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 03 Feb 2018, 20:02

The old man fought for a week, but it wasn't enough. One of the nicest, happiest souls ever to walk this earth has gone. An absolute inspiration, the void he has left is unfillable.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Feb 2018, 20:17

I'm sorry love. Truly sorry. Much love to you and yours. Take care of yourself. X
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 03 Feb 2018, 20:44

I am very sorry DF x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 Feb 2018, 21:05

I'm sorry about your dad, DF. Take care, man.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Feb 2018, 21:12

I'm sorry, D_F. Stay strong.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 03 Feb 2018, 21:12

So sorry DF, take care of yourself x
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Feb 2018, 21:18

That's so sad Darkness Fish - my deepest condolences to you and yours.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 03 Feb 2018, 21:38

my thoughts are with you. take care of yourself.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Return to “Nextdoorland”