Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jan 2018, 15:27

My bad on Parry. I see “Consortium News” and think of him now. Especially when the same tropes come out.

I don’t know how the language was crafted in the Clinton rebuke. But it’s important to realize that the FBI was out of line making ANY rebukes all. Their job is to determine whether there is grounds for a criminal case or not. It’s not their job to make a public statement castigating people they aren’t going to prosecute. The FBI is ultimately law enforcement. They aren’t judges, and they shouldn’t be in the business of “finding” anyone grossly negligent OR extremely careless before that person has had their day in court. They don’t hand down verdicts. That’s why Comey’s statement was so improper: He took it upon himself to hang a verdict on Clinton without her having any recourse to make a case in her own favor.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jan 2018, 15:32

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:My bad on Parry. I see “Consortium News” and think of him now. Especially when the same tropes come out.

I don’t know how the language was crafted in the Clinton rebuke. But it’s important to realize that the FBI was out of line making ANY rebukes all. Their job is to determine whether there is grounds for a criminal case or not. It’s not their job to make a public statement castigating people they aren’t going to prosecute. The FBI is ultimately law enforcement. They aren’t judges, and they shouldn’t be in the business of “finding” anyone grossly negligent OR extremely careless before that person has had their day in court. They don’t hand down verdicts. That’s why Comey’s statement was so improper: He took it upon himself to hang a verdict on Clinton without her having any recourse to make a case in her own favor.

What was the ostensible reason for Comey to pronounce Hillary's "guilt" so publicly?
Question authority.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 12 Jan 2018, 15:34

Toby wrote:It's got to the point where I just ignore it now unfortunately. The President is an incorrigible dick. Who knew?

And one of the favourite pastimes of him and his supporters is watching people throw up their hands and shriek every time he does something tediously and predictably 'outrageous'.

Trump is a troll, as well as a crass, ignorant fool. Ignoring him is the best policy.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jan 2018, 15:42

Coincidentally, Davey, I just clicked on the OffGuardian alt. news site and there was a new article describing a Wikileaks provided confidential US government document that was found on Anthony Weiner's laptop exonerating Assange of the original rape charges and the article was hip enough to include this.

Correction: The document is about the Swedish Pirate Party and how Assange would be a notable supporter. Soon after he was arrested on trumped up rape charges. The writer supposes this was a conspiracy to keep Assange's support out of the race.

The emergence of this confidential document (found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop and sent while his wife, Huma Abedin, was Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Chief of Staff), is disturbing – as it potentially implicates the Obama administration in a conspiracy to silence Julian Assange while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State – not to mention that it could be the smoking gun in yet another clear case of mishandled information found on imprisoned sexual deviant Anthony Weiner’s laptop the FBI’s Peter Strzok and crew must have somehow overlooked.
https://off-guardian.org/2018/01/10/wei ... s-warning/

I think your Vanity Fair article is the obfuscating, biased and pro-Hillary agenda deal.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 12 Jan 2018, 16:15

Nick wrote:Trump is a troll, as well as a crass, ignorant fool. Ignoring him is the best policy.

While I've been paying attention, just this past week, he's extended FISA & pushed for a work requirement for Medicare.
I hate to think what he'd be up to if I was ignoring him.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jan 2018, 16:28

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:My bad on Parry. I see “Consortium News” and think of him now. Especially when the same tropes come out.

What was the ostensible reason for Comey to pronounce Hillary's "guilt" so publicly?

You tell me. But whatever explanation you give, please make sure it accounts for how choosing to ignore FBI policy against such pronouncements folds into your narrative of them being pro-Clinton.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jan 2018, 16:29

Nick wrote:
Toby wrote:It's got to the point where I just ignore it now unfortunately. The President is an incorrigible dick. Who knew?

And one of the favourite pastimes of him and his supporters is watching people throw up their hands and shriek every time he does something tediously and predictably 'outrageous'.

Trump is a troll, as well as a crass, ignorant fool. Ignoring him is the best policy.

I've no idea what's going on with him supratentorially but apart from a slight interest when Wolff's book came out, I've also put him on Ignore.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Jan 2018, 16:31

Sneelock wrote:
Nick wrote:Trump is a troll, as well as a crass, ignorant fool. Ignoring him is the best policy.

While I've been paying attention, just this past week, he's extended FISA & pushed for a work requirement for Medicare.

To the extent that he’s capable of a strategy - pushing us all into outrage fatigue appears to be his main one.

He’s crossed all kinds of lines that used to be red lines. But he seems to have realized that if you cross a lot of lines at once (and do it again tomorrow), people stop holding you accountable.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jan 2018, 17:02

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:

You tell me. But whatever explanation you give, please make sure it accounts for how choosing to ignore FBI policy against such pronouncements folds into your narrative of them being pro-Clinton.

I thought you knew. I googled it and there are guesses out there but seemingly no concrete answer, except for the guy below. As for HRC favoritism, it seems her biggest and maybe only fan in the FBI was - luckily - the guy in charge of investigating her, Strzuk. Strzuk couldn't stop Comey from making the announcement but he did what he could to soften the blow.

Guilty as Sin: Uncovering New Evidence of Corruption and How Hillary Clinton and the Democrats Derailed the FBI Investigation Hardcover – October 4, 2016

An exciting new book from #1 New York Times bestselling author Edward Klein!
When FBI Director James Comey announced in July that Hillary Clinton would not be indicted for mishandling classified information, America was stunned.

Had the scandal-happy Clintons escaped justice once again? Not so fast, says investigative reporter and bestselling author Ed Klein. There is far more behind Comey's shocking press conference than meets the eye -- and a minefield of email evidence between Hillary and the White House.

In his astonishing new book, Klein uncovers the real story behind Hillary's email scandals and the dirty political games that have kept her one step ahead of the law - for now. Klein reveals what the FBI's team of 150+ investigators really found on Clinton's server. How Comey originally threatened to resign over White House attempts to intervene in the investigation, and his secret plan to go around the Justice Department if needed. How an unprecedented Congressional investigation during an election year is uncovering new shocking evidence of corruption on a level some would call treason. And what Bill and Hillary still have left in their bag of tricks in their desperate quest to get back into the Oval Office.
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Jan 2018, 17:31

Oh, this Edward Klein. . .

From Wikipedia

Criticism
Klein received extensive criticism for his 2005 biography of Hillary Clinton, The Truth About Hillary. Politico criticized the book for "serious factual errors, truncated and distorted quotes and overall themes [that] don't gibe with any other serious accounts of Clinton's life." The conservative columnist John Podhoretz criticized the book in the New York Post, "Thirty pages into it, I wanted to take a shower. Sixty pages into it, I wanted to be decontaminated. And 200 pages into it, I wanted someone to drive stakes through my eyes so I wouldn't have to suffer through another word." In the National Review, conservative columnist James Geraghty wrote, “Folks, there are plenty of arguments against Hillary Clinton, her policies, her views, her proposals, and her philosophies. This stuff ain’t it. Nobody on the right, left, or center ought to stoop to this level.”

Kathryn Jean Lopez of National Review asked Klein in a June 20, 2005 interview, "Why on earth would you put such a terrible story in your book...that looks to be flimsily sourced at that?," regarding his suggestion that Chelsea Clinton was conceived in an act of marital rape. Facing criticism from both the left and right for making the claim, Klein eventually backed away from the insinuation in an interview with radio host Jim Bohannon on June 23, 2005.

The British newspaper The Guardian pointed out a number of verifiable factual errors in Klein's 2014 book Blood Feud.

Questions of credibility of sources in work
Klein has also come under fire for his use of anonymous quotes, purported to be from the subjects of his books, which he claims he received from anonymous insiders. The credibility of such quotes has been questioned by writers such as Joe Conason, Salon's Simon Malloy and conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh and Peggy Noonan. "Some of the quotes strike me as odd, in the sense that I don't know people who speak this way," Limbaugh said of Klein's work, describing the sources as "grade school chatter."
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 12 Jan 2018, 17:33

Sneelock wrote:

I should have phrased it better. What I meant was, people should stop letting him push their buttons with his stupid, willfully-outrageous statements and his Tweets. I wasn't referring to policy and government.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 12 Jan 2018, 17:43

I think it's a sleight of hand type thing. con men do that. while people freak out about him saying "shithole" he slips something from the cuff of his shirt.

I agree that these things are stunts and I agree that people do more freaking out than thinking. but, as for me, I'm glad people are taking exception to the President calling other countries "shitholes".
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Jan 2018, 17:47

Sneelock wrote:I think it's a sleight of hand type thing. con men do that. while people freak out about him saying "shithole" he slips something from the cuff of his shirt.

I agree that these things are stunts and I agree that people do more freaking out than thinking. but, as for me, I'm glad people are taking exception to the President calling other countries "shitholes".

Funny line I just saw on Twitter. . .

Genius. Until today, if you Googled “Trump” and “shithole” all you got were hotel reviews.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jan 2018, 17:49

sloopjohnc wrote:Oh, this Edward Klein. . .

I mostly put that blurb in my post because Klein's was about the only definitive sounding explanation for what happened. Despite the criticisms you've found, I found many Amazon reader comments quite positive. And as far as the Clinton's being dirty, I think they are. Dunno if Chelsea was conceived in rape but do some research on the Foundation and see how corrupt they are.
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Jan 2018, 18:00

Jimbo wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Oh, this Edward Klein. . .

I mostly put that blurb in my post because Klein's was about the only definitive sounding explanation for what happened. Despite the criticisms you've found, I found many Amazon reader comments quite positive. And as far as the Clinton's being dirty, I think they are. Dunno if Chelsea was conceived in rape but do some research on the Foundation and see how corrupt they are.

Oh, I'm not denying the Clintons aren't on the up-and-up. I believe that. I think "foundations" are rife with corruption. They also do a lot of good work.

When I was in the telecom Industry, President Clinton was paid $500,000 for a 20 minute speech at the industry's annual tradeshow in New Orleans. I'm sure his lodging and travel were paid for too. One of the perks of being an ex-Pres, I guess, but I haven't' trusted them since Whitewater. But then I make my Faustian bargains with candidates if I believe they'll do more good than bad.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jan 2018, 18:01

Jimbo wrote:Amazon reader comments

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Jan 2018, 18:05

toomanyhatz wrote:

That one kinda cracked me up. I want to see some Yelp reviews too.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Jan 2018, 18:20

sloopjohnc wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:

So you pay no mind to Yelp reviews or Amazon comments. Hmm. You guys are just too cool. 8-)
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jan 2018, 18:32

No, I read Yelp reviews all the time. Actually Amazon ones too. As an indicator of truth, though? I repeat: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Jan 2018, 18:49

Jimbo wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:

So you pay no mind to Yelp reviews or Amazon comments. Hmm. You guys are just too cool. 8-)

I take both with a grain of salt. I don't use Amazon book reviews as a verification of journalistic accuracy and I discount a lot of bad Yelp reviews as unfair expectations of restaurants, for example.

Return to “Nextdoorland”