MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Jan 2018, 18:55

My divorce finally came through after submitting it to the court in September. Don't know how I feel. I've been waiting for this moment for two years now. Still, it seems strange to feel triumphant or exultant.
John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jan 2018, 19:19

Matt Wilson wrote:My divorce finally came through after submitting it to the court in September. Don't know how I feel. I've been waiting for this moment for two years now. Still, it seems strange to feel triumphant or exultant.

My sister-in-law, who was then my recent ex sister-in-law, had been divorced for a little more than a year and told me it's like receiving a death certificate. I don't know if I'd go that far, but I certainly didn't feel triumphant. I felt like I'd failed important aspects of life in many respects.

It was for the best for everybody, but that didn't make it something celebratory. I was very ambivalent and conflicted about the whole thing.

It sucked, more than it was a good thing.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Jan 2018, 20:48

sloopjohnc wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:My divorce finally came through after submitting it to the court in September. Don't know how I feel. I've been waiting for this moment for two years now. Still, it seems strange to feel triumphant or exultant.

My sister-in-law, who was then my recent ex sister-in-law, had been divorced for a little more than a year and told me it's like receiving a death certificate. I don't know if I'd go that far, but I certainly didn't feel triumphant. I felt like I'd failed important aspects of life in many respects.

It was for the best for everybody, but that didn't make it something celebratory. I was very ambivalent and conflicted about the whole thing.

I don't feel like I failed or anything - I still don't know what I could've done differently. It was she who was cheating on me at the end (while still sleeping with me, I might add). So right there I'm going to assign blame more to her than to me. There's always a reason for infidelity, of course, but couples should work it out when one of them feels that they're falling out of love with the other - not resort to looking outside the marriage. We never even had 'the conversation' about any of this. It wasn't her style. So no, I don't really blame myself. I just picked the wrong one is all. Or maybe she became the wrong one decades into the marriage. I'll never know. I've moved on anyway.
John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jan 2018, 21:44

Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I don't feel like I failed or anything - I still don't know what I could've done differently. It was she who was cheating on me at the end (while still sleeping with me, I might add). So right there I'm going to assign blame more to her than to me. There's always a reason for infidelity, of course, but couples should work it out when one of them feels that they're falling out of love with the other - not resort to looking outside the marriage. We never even had 'the conversation' about any of this. It wasn't her style. So no, I don't really blame myself. I just picked the wrong one is all. Or maybe she became the wrong one decades into the marriage. I'll never know. I've moved on anyway.

Well, every case is different. I was relating how I felt in my situation.

By the way, the ex sister-in-law who gave me the advice had been cheating on her husband for about four or five years. So, take that with a grain of salt.

I found out when I asked her on my last Los Angeles JU when we went out for a drink and something didn't seem quite right. I asked her and she admitted it.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Jan 2018, 22:22

Well, if it's any consolation, John - my ex sister-in-law has cheated on her husband too. It must run in the family.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Jan 2018, 21:55

My kids just sent me this. They're having lunch with their mom while I'm at work.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jan 2018, 22:59

A girl I went out with a few times, when I was in my early twenties. Went missing just after New Years Day. She had went missing before but had turned up. Alas she found dead today. Very sad even though I hadn't spoken or seen her her in over 30 years.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Jan 2018, 23:15

Jeemo wrote:A girl I went out with a few times, when I was in my early twenties. Went missing just after New Years Day. She had went missing before but had turned up. Alas she found dead today. Very sad even though I hadn't spoken or seen her her in over 30 years.

That's too bad. I was reading the obituaries today and the guy who played goalie on my high school water polo team when I was a junior died. I'd gone to school with him from elementary through high school. He was a year older than me, but I knew him pretty well because of water polo and just going to school together so long. He was a nice guy. 58.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Jan 2018, 23:22

sloopjohnc wrote:My kids just sent me this. They're having lunch with their mom while I'm at work.

I posted this on Facebook the other day and a woman I dated for three months in high school commented, "I always wondered what our kids would look like." I deleted the comment.

I thought it was kinda creepy.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Jan 2018, 20:24

Your son has really grown (matured). He doesn't look like a little boy anymore.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jan 2018, 15:20

Six String wrote:Your son has really grown (matured). He doesn't look like a little boy anymore.

Doesn't sound like it either, Les. Sometimes when he answers the phone, I think it's someone else.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 07 Jan 2018, 15:38

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:Your son has really grown (matured). He doesn't look like a little boy anymore.

Doesn't sound like it either, Les. Sometimes when he answers the phone, I think it's someone else.

He's probably hoping it is someone else phoning him.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jan 2018, 17:43

Jumper K wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

He's probably hoping it is someone else phoning him.

Not "probably."

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Jan 2018, 15:18

Definitely, this week, 100%, without doubt, i'm giving up beer for a month or so. Yep, gonna happy. :? :(
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Jan 2018, 17:53

I m SO sick of Winter already.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Jan 2018, 16:42

souphound wrote:I m SO sick of Winter already.

Ours just started yesterday. San Francisco had the 16th most rain over 24 hours in its recorded history.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 09 Jan 2018, 17:01

sloopjohnc wrote:
souphound wrote:I m SO sick of Winter already.

Ours just started yesterday. San Francisco had the 16th most rain over 24 hours in its recorded history.

We've had a couple of weeks in the -30C range and and only gotten milder (-3C--5C range) in the last few days. The forecast for Thursday? 9C :roll:

I have a bad cold and am trying to quit smoking (patches). Grrrrrr.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Jan 2018, 15:33

Spent about 5 hours in Emergency last night after B slipped on some ice while walking the dog and broke two bones in her ankle. We didn't get home until about 3:30am and I'm fucking exhausted this morning. It was quite the scene there last night - amongst all the sorry looking fuckers there was one strung-out woman in handcuffs accompanied by a couple of cops, and a mother with her four grown daughters who all looked like a bunch of cut-rate Kardashians with puffed-out lips and tits. The mother was vomiting into a clear plastic bag, so that was nice. If you're bored and looking for a change of scenery in the wee hours, you could do worse than to hang out in Emerg and watch the scene.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 11 Jan 2018, 15:49

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Spent about 5 hours in Emergency last night after B slipped on some ice while walking the dog and broke two bones in her ankle. We didn't get home until about 3:30am and I'm fucking exhausted this morning. It was quite the scene there last night - amongst all the sorry looking fuckers there was one strung-out woman in handcuffs accompanied by a couple of cops, and a mother with her four grown daughters who all looked like a bunch of cut-rate Kardashians with puffed-out lips and tits. The mother was vomiting into a clear plastic bag, so that was nice. If you're bored and looking for a change of scenery in the wee hours, you could do worse than to hang out in Emerg and watch the scene.

Poor B! Hope she is feeling better soon.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

NMB

Postby NMB » 11 Jan 2018, 16:40

I just received a postcard from Everest base camp, which was nice. But posted last August and arrived today.
turn on, tune in, nod off