FUCK OFF
15%

Total votes: 34

sloopjohnc

Re: ‘Jolly Ups’

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Dec 2017, 16:40

Nick wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Whatever happened Nolamike? how's he doing?

Doing well. Hanging out with his family and enjoying his job at the law firm in Houston.

His girls are like 10 and 5 so I don't think he has much time for BCB.

CatnHat and I met him with his family in February, when we went down to New Orleans for a short holiday in between staying with Baron & Min. He very kindly invited us along to a Mardi Gras parade party being held at his friend's house, and we went to watch the parade with them, it was great fun. He's a lovely bloke, a proper gentleman.

Admirable moustache too.

I hope you didn't tell him that. It will only encourage him.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 10 Dec 2017, 01:12

Geezee, Neil Jung and I went to see Neil Young a few years ago,
I guess that counts
The Complete Beatles Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 04 Jan 2018, 10:28

The Slider wrote:Geezee, Neil Jung and I went to see Neil Young a few years ago,
I guess that counts

I also did meet Thesiger around the same time at a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Emirates - I think there was also another BCBer there but not one I was familiar with.

I'm afraid the two concerts I've been to with BCBers have both been somewhat of a let-down! But yes, I really should have been to a proper jolly-up by now.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 04 Jan 2018, 10:36

Geezee wrote:I also did meet Thesiger around the same time at a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Emirates.

I met Joe at a conference in Liverpool a few years ago, really enjoyed chatting to him. He was sticking around for the weekend afterwards to do some music tours, and we were down in Liverpool again at the same time to go to the Tate, so we both met up with him for a coffee as well. Lovely bloke.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 04 Jan 2018, 10:38

Nick wrote:
Geezee wrote:I also did meet Thesiger around the same time at a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Emirates.

I met Joe at a conference in Liverpool a few years ago, really enjoyed chatting to him. He was sticking around for the weekend afterwards to do some music tours, and we were down in Liverpool again at the same time to go to the Tate, so we both met up with him for a coffee as well. Lovely bloke.

Indeed - I should add that while the Young/Springsteen concerts weren't great (unsurprising given the venues), the company was!
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jan 2018, 11:10

BCB's Most Tedious Poster wrote:Copehead? Deebank? Jeemo?

I've been to plenty, Glasow, Edinburgh and London. Also met up with Jock, Bhoy and Fartpants outwith normal jollys. I have missed a few due to unexpected kids things getting in the way.

The London one wasn't a standard Jolly. Jumper and the Bhoy were up to see the Black Crowds, I was down to see my brother play the Union Chapel. Met a good few folk that day. Frank, Bhoy, Slider, Smamf, McAndy, Yomp and that twat Griff. Apologies to anyone I missed out, some drink was taken.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jan 2018, 11:12

McBastard wrote:Jeemo has been to loads. One of his best moments was ejecting a mad woman from the 13th Note in Glasgow after she threatened to get the IRA on to him.

oh aye her.....

gash’s trollish obsession
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby gash’s trollish obsession » 04 Jan 2018, 11:33

Darryl Strawberry wrote:I'd love to meet Jeemo (no idea if he'd like to meet me)

Has a date been set yet baldies?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jan 2018, 11:51

singular twat

gash’s trollish obsession
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby gash’s trollish obsession » 04 Jan 2018, 11:52

Aye but he really would love to meet you.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 04 Jan 2018, 12:39

Jeemo wrote:The London one wasn't a standard Jolly. Jumper and the Bhoy were up to see the Black Crowds.

:o And there was me thinking Bristol St Pauls had one of the oldest communities in the UK!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jan 2018, 12:54

Deebank wrote:
Jeemo wrote:The London one wasn't a standard Jolly. Jumper and the Bhoy were up to see the Black Crowds.

:o And there was me thinking Bristol St Pauls had one of the oldest communities in the UK!

:lol: bloody predictive text

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Jan 2018, 14:05

Nick wrote:

I’ve met up with him a couple of times in Hong Kong, along with Fuery, another poster that seems to have disappeared from here. Both great guys.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 04 Jan 2018, 20:56

trans-chigley express wrote:
Nick wrote:

I’ve met up with him a couple of times in Hong Kong, along with Fuery, another poster that seems to have disappeared from here. Both great guys.

Met with Joe a few times (once with Grollope the inveterate punster, so does that count as a jolly up?), went to Richard Thompson & Kate Rusby gigs together. As you say, great company.

Grollope is also great a guy, wish he still posted.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 05 Jan 2018, 01:17

The Modernist wrote:
The Unfragrant Ox wrote:Copehead? Deebank? Jeemo?

Copehead did turn up to one briefly..
You could also add to those Samoan, Geezee, Phil T, Clive Gash, Markus. Probably a good half of the American posters haven't been to a jolly.

Briefly! I was there for hours and would have been there longer if I hadn't gone to the wrong King's Arms first, it was the day when détente was achieved with The Bear
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 05 Jan 2018, 05:49

The Modernist wrote:I don't think Slider has ever been to one either.

He came to s relatively early one in Los Angeles. One up north- San Francisco? Seattle? - on another trip.

Nolamike shows up on Facebook fairly often, as do Slider, Smamfy, and several others seldom seen here.
Last edited by Muskrat on 05 Jan 2018, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Things that a fella can't forget...

zoomboogity wrote:Psych should be fun, carefree, whimsical, colorful, anything but portentous...Otherwise, you might as well listen to prog.

Muskrat
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 05 Jan 2018, 05:49

Double post -- sorry
Last edited by Muskrat on 05 Jan 2018, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.

zoomboogity wrote:Psych should be fun, carefree, whimsical, colorful, anything but portentous...Otherwise, you might as well listen to prog.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 05 Jan 2018, 06:04

Fuck Facebook
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Muskrat

Postby Muskrat » 05 Jan 2018, 06:45

Copehead wrote:Fuck Facebook

No, that's "Fuck Mike Love."

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Jan 2018, 15:04

So when's the next Irish one? :P
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model