Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: The Last Jedi

Postby Penk! » 12 Dec 2017, 08:30

SPOILER ALERT

At some point someone will GO IN A SPACESHIP

And somebody else has A CONVERSATION

And there is ACTION in it
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Dec 2017, 16:01

And there will be a lightsaber duel.

The film will open with a lengthy scene where a Star Destroyer slowly goes across the screen.

Rey will fight Kylo Ren again.

etc. etc.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Dec 2017, 16:22

Sounds aweshome!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Dec 2017, 17:17

Does anyone actually think Driver is a good actor?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Dec 2017, 17:31

I think actor is a good driver.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Dec 2017, 17:33

He's here all week folks, yep, AAALLLLL week, every single day. :(
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Dec 2017, 19:12

Reviews seem to be very positive. The Telegraph's Robbie Collin gave it 5 stars and he's generally good.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 13 Dec 2017, 09:56

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Dec 2017, 14:23

It's 152 minutes! The balance between drama and action better be on point so people don't get bored.

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 13 Dec 2017, 15:44

The Great Defector wrote:Does anyone actually think Driver is a good actor?

I liked him in Silence. Much better than I did Andrew Garfield, for sure. Can't remember feeling anything in particular about his performance in The Force Awakens.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Dec 2017, 15:47

northernsky wrote:

I liked him in Silence. Much better than I did Andrew Garfield, for sure. Can't remember feeling anything in particular about his performance in The Force Awakens.

REALLY? thought the both of them were shite. Garfield is insufferable, really terrible actor.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 13 Dec 2017, 15:54

northernsky wrote:

I thought he was fine in Force Awakens. No, hardly a De Niroesque tour de force, but it’s Star Wars. He got the right balance of threat, arrogance and insecurity.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 13 Dec 2017, 16:14

PENK wrote:
northernsky wrote:

I thought he was fine in Force Awakens. No, hardly a De Niroesque tour de force, but it’s Star Wars. He got the right balance of threat, arrogance and insecurity.

Indeed.
David Prowse is RUBBISH
David Prowse is GENIUS
...neither rings quite true, hmmm?
Going to see the new one with the elder children on Sunday and looking forward to it too. A bit dismayed at the running time, but our local cinema usually stick in an intermission, whether called for or not, so it should be OK.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Dec 2017, 16:15

I wonder what the criteria is when people say so and so is terrible actor. I really think it's no different to someone saying 'I love pistachio ice cream but can't stand honeycomb'. But because we're talking about acting, there's this assumption that they're making some kind of technical judgement.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 13 Dec 2017, 16:19

I guess its down to how believable their performance is in the context of the film or production. The fact is that people who have got away with essentially playing one character (Sean Connery for example) during their entire acting career can present something far more coherent than actors who offer much wider versatility but have never delivered a truly outstanding performance.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Dec 2017, 16:21

Toby wrote:I guess its down to how believable their performance is in the context of the film or production. The fact is that people who have got away with essentially playing one character (Sean Connery for example) during their entire acting career can present something far more coherent than actors who offer much wider versatility but have never delivered a truly outstanding performance.

Toby read your other thread. Sean Connery's performance in The Offence is mindblowing. He plays a truly conflicted character. It's a very complex performance.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Dec 2017, 19:37

Crazy film.
The big lulls in it are being made up at the back end which contains so much action it almost feels like overload.
It most definitely is 'The Empire Strikes Back' when it comes to the Star Wars-trilogy type of set up. Backs to the wall, desperation meets last hope-type of stuff. The acting performances have gone up a small notch from the first movie but still a lot of it is ponderous, very Britishly acted in a way. The action-scenes are good as expected.
Good flick.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Dec 2017, 20:58

never/ever wrote: very Britishly acted in a way.

:lol:

I knew they should never have cast this guy as Hans Solo's long lost brother.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Dec 2017, 20:59

You got your ticket G?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Dec 2017, 21:08

Goat Boy wrote:You got your ticket G?

Well the description of it being "Britishy" is making it more tempting I must say. :)

Return to “Screenadelica”