World Cup 2018 - Rossiya

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: World Cup 2018 - Rossiya

Postby Penk! » 14 Nov 2017, 09:09

Someone has handily uploaded them all to Youtube!

Here, Parolo clearly touches the ball and Augustinsson doesn't. Augustinsson's leg goes between Parolo's and he's pushing him too. Penalty.

Here, it's unclear whether it's deliberate, but the arm is outstretched and blocks the ball. Penalty.

Here, the arm is closer to the body, but there is movement to block the ball and again the defender gets an advantage from doing so. Penalty.

Here, it looks a penalty at first but on the second replay you see Lustig blocks the ball and Darmian jumps into his outstretched knee. No penalty.

fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Nov 2017, 12:13

Confident for tonight without being [AmericanAccent]super confident[/AmericanAccent] Mon The Eire!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 14 Nov 2017, 12:23

It just shows how hard the ref's job is because I disagree with Penk . For me 1 (tackle from behind that makes contact with the player first), 2 (downward movement of the arm) and 4 (raised foot and arm into player, the knee blocks him from following the ball)) are penalties, but 3 (ball to arm, arms by side) isn't.
The first one is the most blatant, the other 3 are more debatable.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 14 Nov 2017, 13:09

Watch 4 again G and focus on Darmian rather than the ball. He jumps into the defender; he is the one who initiates contact regardless of the defender’s position. The defender has already blocked the ball away before the collision.

I agree that 3 is debatable because it’s not clear it was deliberate, but the defender definitely gained an advantage from handling and often that is regarded as enough to give the foul.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 14 Nov 2017, 13:18

I think Denmark will get a result tonight.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Nov 2017, 13:51

Toby wrote:I think Denmark will get a result tonight.

Quiet you!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 14 Nov 2017, 14:00

The Modernist wrote:It just shows how hard the ref's job is.
The first one is the most blatant, the other 3 are more debatable.

:shock: No, it just shows that you are very wrong!
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 14 Nov 2017, 15:15

PENK wrote:Watch 4 again G and focus on Darmian rather than the ball. He jumps into the defender; he is the one who initiates contact regardless of the defender’s position. The defender has already blocked the ball away before the collision.

He has, but the ball hasn't been cleared, it is still there to be won. You say he jumped into the player, but I think it looks as if Darmain is jumping towards the ball but is blocked by the defender's leg/knee. This obstruction could certainly be deemed a foul. But it's a classic case of a 50/50 decision, it could be given either way.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 14 Nov 2017, 15:16

Me too. Ireland are dreadful.

sorry Markus

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Nov 2017, 15:56

The Modernist wrote:

Me too. Ireland are dreadful.

sorry Markus

We beat youse. 8-)

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 14 Nov 2017, 16:19

The Ireland-Sweden game I went to last year at the Euros is among the worst I've ever been to...fingers crossed for our Danish neighbours as well!
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Nov 2017, 16:25

All four are clear penalties.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 14 Nov 2017, 16:58

The Modernist wrote:
PENK wrote:Watch 4 again G and focus on Darmian rather than the ball. He jumps into the defender; he is the one who initiates contact regardless of the defender’s position. The defender has already blocked the ball away before the collision.

He has, but the ball hasn't been cleared, it is still there to be won. You say he jumped into the player, but I think it looks as if Darmain is jumping towards the ball but is blocked by the defender's leg/knee. This obstruction could certainly be deemed a foul. But it's a classic case of a 50/50 decision, it could be given either way.

He is not jumping towards the ball, though, because Lustig has blocked the ball which is bouncing off in a different direction.

If he knocks the ball past Lustig then collides with him then it’s probably a penalty even though it was Darmian who initiated the contact.

But Lustig blocked the ball before contact was made. And it’s a contact sport after all.

Of course the referee actually gave Sweden a free kick for handball, which was also obviously wrong!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Nov 2017, 20:19

Ireland defending like chumps. Two quick goals for Denmark.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 14 Nov 2017, 21:06

OK, you're through, now get tintin off the pitch before those thugs break him.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 14 Nov 2017, 21:11

I guess we should feel bad for our Irish cousins or something but personally I'm glad they won't be there. The last couple of times they've qualified for the Euros they've been absolutely abysmal and stunk the place out. England's turgidity and timidity married to a dearth of talent and tactics does not make for pretty viewing.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Nov 2017, 21:27

Fuck, harsh there boys. If youse wanna swap players and think your coach can do better, go ahead.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Nov 2017, 22:11

PENK wrote:I guess we should feel bad for our Irish cousins or something but personally I'm glad they won't be there. The last couple of times they've qualified for the Euros they've been absolutely abysmal and stunk the place out. England's turgidity and timidity married to a dearth of talent and tactics does not make for pretty viewing.

They’ve had a good run and should be grateful for that. I find them a tedious football nation generally who produce turgid sides.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Nov 2017, 22:15

:lol:

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Nov 2017, 22:40

Sorry Markus

I’m not a fan of O’Neill either
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Return to “Sporting Life”