MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Nov 2017, 21:50

I frequent this irreverent sports site, Deadspin, and the commenters are pretty funny. One post they reviewed chain pizza places and one guy wrote:

Yeah only on planet FUCK THIS WEED IS STRONG is Little Caesar’s a preferred dinner choice over Pizza Hut.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 Nov 2017, 22:22

...I would say even then. I've never been stoned enough to order Little Caesar's. Or Dominoes.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 01 Nov 2017, 22:35

I'm on holiday this week from my job at the local council. I don't know what to do. I've been on rolling three-month contracts for almost two years now, and it's messing with my head a little. I can't make plans, and I feel a little bit unsettled. But my work is good and I feel more fulfilled in what I do (I work supplying IT support to social workers in Children's Services). Frankly. I feel good about the service I offer and feel I'm making a difference, but it eats at me that it's never permanent.

But even if it comes to an end soon, I'll leave feeling that I've done a good job. I need this to hang on to.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Nov 2017, 23:21

toomanyhatz wrote:...I would say even then. I've never been stoned enough to order Little Caesar's. Or Dominoes.

Dominoes has upgraded. I think you'd be surprised.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Nov 2017, 15:53

Last night, I got home and my son was all pissed off because his dumb math teacher told him that I had emailed the teacher because Derek's grades were slipping. Derek explained why his grades were lower because of missing assignments when he was sick the week before. I made a deal with my son - he has to come to me if he's having problems and I won't go to his teachers. If I hear from his teachers that he's doing badly, then we'll have problems.

And the dumbass teacher told my son I was coming into the class to observe, which was never mentioned.

I just emailed the teacher and nicely told him to shut his big yap and keep our emails between me and him.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 04 Nov 2017, 00:48

the masked man wrote:I'm on holiday this week from my job at the local council. I don't know what to do. I've been on rolling three-month contracts for almost two years now, and it's messing with my head a little. I can't make plans, and I feel a little bit unsettled. But my work is good and I feel more fulfilled in what I do (I work supplying IT support to social workers in Children's Services). Frankly. I feel good about the service I offer and feel I'm making a difference, but it eats at me that it's never permanent.

But even if it comes to an end soon, I'll leave feeling that I've done a good job. I need this to hang on to.

Fingers crossed Andrew. That kind of uncertainty (so close to Christmas) is terrible.

Since you may have got some time, maybe you could do the 90s Cup next month?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Nov 2017, 08:04

My big brother is getting married today! I'm beside meself with excitement!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 04 Nov 2017, 09:20

poor sod Congratulations!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 04 Nov 2017, 11:34

Have a great day!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Nov 2017, 21:54

I've been sick with the flu this week. The worst on Tuesday.

On Tuesday around 5 pm, I got a text from my ex saying that the woman she left the kids' dog with had lost Nikko. 5 pm is the height of the rush hour in the SF Bay Area and the freeways are packed until 7:30 at night and the place the dog ran away from was in the So. Bay. I had taken all my medicine for the night and was about to hunker down but I knew my daughter would be miserable so I called her and I told her I'd help her look for Nikko. An hour later, we get to the neighborhood and the people who lost the dog try explaining. I'm really grumpy when I'm sick and I said, "Save it. I haven't got a whole lot of sympathy for you right now," especially with my daughter crying the whole way down.

We walk the streets yelling the dog's name for another hour and I get a text from an animal shelter that they found our dog and located me through the microchip. We get back to the people's house and tell them and they ask me if they want a ride. I say, "You're joking, right? We'll go ourselves." The plan was pick up the dog and take Nikko home.

We get there and it is our dog. My daughter's overjoyed. I had told her on the way down that I had good vibes and had good luck this way and she said I didn't put enough good karma out in the world to say that. Geez, thanks.

We can't pick her up though because there's no manager there. The people who had taken care of the dog had driven to the shelter too and tried apologizing again. I said, "Too soon," and my daughter and I took off. I finally got home around 8:30 and was completely dead.

The dog sitter worked with my ex and she texted my daughter and said she's crying about what happened. I told my daughter to text my ex with, "She should feel lucky she's not in childcare."

Fuck 'em.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 10 Nov 2017, 17:22

It's cold here today. With the wind chill factor, it feels like -18c. There's a smidgen of snow on the ground. Wore a tuque to go to work this morning (no, not just a tuque!! :x )
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Nov 2017, 19:07

It's the last night of our UK trip. It was the 20thh anniversary of my Mum's death today so me and the husband went to the Estonian Club at midday - they opened up especially. It was ace. They got out all the old photos in this rotting but beautiful Victorian building and we got several vodkas and some Estonian beer. A load of pissed up Latvian pensioners came in and got tanked on rum nearby. Now we're in bed at the airport hotel eating cheese butties from Spar with small bottles of wine and we're watching the snooker on a huge TV screen. Fucking bliss.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 10 Nov 2017, 19:38

"This for the match " x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Nov 2017, 22:24

I have to fly to Denver tomorrow with a stop in Vegas to supervise booth setup on Sunday. Today, my boss emails me and tells me we need HDMI cable and screws for video monitors.I spent half the day looking for them. I leave Tuesday. Guess what he's doing today and this weekend while I work?

Golfing.

Dickhead.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 11 Nov 2017, 10:03

fingers crossed, many a slip, don't tempt fate, etc, but her Thanginess and I have just had an offer accepted on a house.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 11 Nov 2017, 10:54

Rayge wrote:fingers crossed, many a slip, don't tempt fate, etc, but her Thanginess and I have just had an offer accepted on a house.

500 years old, so it's not exactly new.

*chuffed*

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Nov 2017, 13:54

Rayge wrote:fingers crossed, many a slip, don't tempt fate, etc, but her Thanginess and I have just had an offer accepted on a house.

I hope it goes through. Is it near where you are now?
You don't like me...do you?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 12 Nov 2017, 13:57

yomptepi wrote:

It's in the same village: we would be moving from the most southerly old house to the most northerly one. Maybe half a mile by road.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 12 Nov 2017, 13:58

Rayge wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

It's in the same village: we would be moving from the most southerly old house to the most northerly one. Maybe half a mile by road.

Better apply for that passport! Good luck, hope it all works out.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 13 Nov 2017, 10:30

Bres of luck Rayge and Thang-y!!

I trust it is bigger and has a bigger garden...?
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Return to “Nextdoorland”