Site weirdness

General site news. Details of forthcoming outages and so on.
Darkness_Fish

Site weirdness

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Aug 2015, 09:07

When I attempt to access this site from home, it seems I'm pretty much allowed one post before I get a "Access Forbidden" type message. And after that, I can't even browse to the site, I get webpage unavailable. I thought it might've been that the work laptop was locked down more securely, but it happened on my home laptop, too.

Any idea what's going on? I think I might use fiddler to try and catch any traffic, just wondering if this occurs for anyone else, too?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

martha
rambling rose

Re: Site weirdness

Postby martha » 04 Aug 2015, 09:10

You may be running into the spam filter.

Is it a 403 error? Clear your browser's cache and cookies....sometimes cached versions create a conflict.

Or your home IP could be forbidden/banned if you previously trolled the place under an alias from home. :D
--m.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Aug 2015, 11:08

Yep, I think it was a 403 error. Just puzzling that it happens via two different machines, but I'll try clearing down the cache and all that, and see if it works.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 04 Aug 2015, 11:27

Darkness_Fish wrote:Yep, I think it was a 403 error. Just puzzling that it happens via two different machines, but I'll try clearing down the cache and all that, and see if it works.

You weren't by any chance quoting the name of the northern sou venue in your home town, I hope - that got me banned for a while yesterday.
Any word redolent of gambolling or pharmaceutical help for the sad or aged will trip the filter
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Aug 2015, 13:57

Rayge wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:Yep, I think it was a 403 error. Just puzzling that it happens via two different machines, but I'll try clearing down the cache and all that, and see if it works.

You weren't by any chance quoting the name of the northern sou venue in your home town, I hope - that got me banned for a while yesterday.
Any word redolent of gambolling or pharmaceutical help for the sad or aged will trip the filter

That must've been it. I feel almost as mad as Hitler did when he heard of the venue's closure.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 18 Aug 2015, 08:36

I'm back now after about 2 weeks of not being able to access the site - I had pretty much the exact same issue. I tried 4 different devices (yes, I have too many) and none worked, except for 1 day when one device worked. The rest of the time I was not even able to access the website. This was after a contribution where I did indeed use a word which I probably should not have - I was immediately blocked out. This morning, out of the blue, I'm back.

So what's been going on over here, anything new?
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 18 Oct 2017, 15:34

I keep getting blocked from the site for days and getting the 403 FORBIDDEN error if I dare try to post something or PM someone.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Oct 2017, 20:18

I once wrote a remarkably brilliant 3000 word piece about Sal Sagev and gnilbmag (reverse them).

I didn't think to save it before posting - it disappeared and the dreaded 'lock out sign came along.

I was beyond distraught.

Quite seriously, you mention anything to do with the above two subjects, you're likely to get locked out.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 20:26

Wouldn't the post still be there if you clicked the 'previous page'-button?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Oct 2017, 20:33

never/ever wrote:Wouldn't the post still be there if you clicked the 'previous page'-button?

No... I tried that... it doesn't retain it because it's never actually been posted.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 20:41

That is strange... I had this happen too and I remember being able to retrieve my post that way. And it hadn't been posted either.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Oct 2017, 20:50

Maybe it's different browsers etc.... Whenever I post anything over two or three sentences now, I save it before pushing the post button....

Maybe it's different browsers etc.... Whenever I post anything over two or three sentences now, I save it before pushing the post button....

Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 20:53

:lol:

Return to “Site News”