Joe Boyd's A-Z

Do talk back
blindlemonjefferson

Joe Boyd's A-Z

Postby blindlemonjefferson » 10 Oct 2017, 16:14

Just discovered this podcast yesterday, and have blown through half the alphabet already.

https://www.acast.com/boydaz

The more I listen to and read about Joe Boyd the more I'm struck by just how incredibly influential he was on so much of the music I love.
dimitri wrote:but you just have to expect that i will get you back in the near future when you least expect it

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Re: Joe Boyd's A-Z

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 10 Oct 2017, 18:22

will take a listen
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Oct 2017, 21:30

Bookmarked, cheers.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Oct 2017, 23:32

Snarfyguy wrote:Bookmarked, cheers.

ditto

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 10 Oct 2017, 23:47

I bought Shirley Collins’ The Power of the True Love Knot earlier this year and there was a track that intrigued me, Just as the Tide was Flowing, because I knew it already but didn’t know why I knew it. Obviously I could have googled it but I quite enjoy it when a melody or lyric is elusive like that. It came to me eventually – it was on The Wishing Chair by 10,000 Maniacs, which I used to listen to a lot when I was a teenager and knew no better. The other link between the two albums is that they were both produced by Joe Boyd. I only found out these factoids the other day when I was looking up something about Nico’s Desertshore – also produced by Boyd. Thanks for the link – I’ll be investigating.

Return to “Yakety Yak”