Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Six String » 25 Sep 2017, 16:03

So Trump calls players s.o.b. and gives the white supremacists a pass. Par for the course. Trump is the one who needs to be fired.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Sep 2017, 16:41

Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Has their been a recent poll on his popularity? I would bet he's already lost a lot of his support from a year ago.

Not amongst his supporters.

I think his popularity actually ticked up marginally after that debt ceiling deal with the Dems.
WHY I couldn't say

It did.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Sep 2017, 16:48

sloopjohnc wrote:
Samoan wrote:Yonder in London,

NFL stars defied US president Donald Trump by protesting during the US national anthem before Sunday's match at Wembley Stadium. Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars players went down on one knee after Trump said that those who protest during the anthem should be fired.

The players all stood when God Save the Queen was played after the US national anthem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/41380275

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/24/donald-trump-defied-wembley-jaguars-ravens-nfl-kneel-anthem

The stand/don't stand controversy is all I've seen on my Twitter feed all weekend.

Steve Kerr is not just a basketball coach. His dad was interim president of American University in Lebanon and was killed by protesters when Kerr was a freshman in college. Kerr largely grew up in the Middle East, but lived in So. Cal during high school when his dad taught at UCLA.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Sep 2017, 16:49

sloopjohnc wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
Not amongst his supporters.

I think his popularity actually ticked up marginally after that debt ceiling deal with the Dems.
WHY I couldn't say

It did.

I think it's encouraging. it means not every TRUMP supporter wants to round up all the Democrats in a cage and gas 'em.
I wont go so far as to say that people who've been hating on the government are maybe starting to see the need for one but a boy can dream, can't he?
uggy poopy doody.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 25 Sep 2017, 19:27

Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Sep 2017, 21:28

toomanyhatz wrote:http://www.theonion.com/article/sebastian-gorka-welcomed-halfway-house-fired-trump-57015

That's funny.

I was just listening to interview with former Obama speechwriter who wrote book and now works for Funny or Die.

He came to White House from the Onion.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 26 Sep 2017, 17:08

I like how Trump calls North Koreans 'norks'.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 26 Sep 2017, 17:18

WH Spokesperson: "No, the President did not just declare war on North Korea. He was just being sarcastic."
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Sep 2017, 17:33

...we all know how helpful sarcasm is in addressing international tensions.
I listen to News Services Headlines on my drive sometimes. this morning the AP, Reuters and NPR ALL had segments with "man on the street" interviews about how Joe Six-Pack agrees that NFL players shouldn't make any displays which could be taken as opinions. even the ones that said "they have a right to Free Speech" said that they themselves didn't approve. How wishy-washy can you get?

the President of the United States is telling the NFL to make a rule that keeps players from expressing opinions & several members of the fourth estate are falling all over themselves to show that people agree with him. this sounds like Authoritarianism 101 to me.
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 26 Sep 2017, 18:00

Well when you have some wealthy white owners who are kneeling with their players, you know Trump has done something wrong.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 26 Sep 2017, 18:16

The Great Defector wrote:Well when you have some wealthy white owners who are kneeling with their players....

Dare I hope that it's because their profits are down from last year?

:?

I see though that the kvetching here on BCB never stops. Sort of like a dog chasing its own tail I guess.

Speaking of dogs, where's Foxhound anyway? While he has many and varied personal failings, personal hygiene, etc, quitting in a hissy fit isn't one of them.

:!:

"That government governs best that governs least."

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 26 Sep 2017, 18:18

Yay!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Sep 2017, 23:23

A couple of pieces of good news

McConnell announces (yet another) failure to repeal Obamacare, lol http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/ ... index.html

The IRS is now sharing info, presumably about Manafort and Flynn, with Mueller's Russisa investigation http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/ ... index.html
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Sep 2017, 23:39

Mueller, Puerto Rico, that Failing New York Times article about all the Private Email Servers in the TRUMP White House etc etc..
No wonder all they want to talk about is "respecting the flag" LOL. it's pathetic.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2017, 04:46

Ooh, Facebook found Russia-bought ads proving they meddled with America's democracy. :o

Obama tried to give Zuckerberg a wake-up call over fake news on Facebook

Facebook announced on Sept. 21 that it would turn over copies of 3,000 political ads brought by Russian accounts during the 2016 election, after previously showing some to congressional investigators. (The Washington Post)

By Adam Entous, Elizabeth Dwoskin and Craig Timberg September 24 https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 7e2223a915

Another load of fake news from the Hillary loving sore losers at the Washington Post. Watch how Robert Parry again dissects these vermin and exposes the rot at the top to sunlight.

So, Facebook initially – after extensive searching – did not find evidence of a Russian operation. Then, after continued pressure from high-level Democrats, Facebook continued to scour its system and again found nothing, or as the Post article acknowledged, Facebook “had searched extensively for evidence of foreign purchases of political advertising but had come up short.”
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/25/w ... a-bashing/

I challenge any of you to give me an example of Russia-generated fake news. Go to RT and Sputnik if you must and bring Jimbo some fake news.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Sep 2017, 05:59

Jimbo wrote:Ooh, Facebook found Russia-bought ads proving they meddled with America's democracy. :o

Obama tried to give Zuckerberg a wake-up call over fake news on Facebook

Facebook announced on Sept. 21 that it would turn over copies of 3,000 political ads brought by Russian accounts during the 2016 election, after previously showing some to congressional investigators. (The Washington Post)

By Adam Entous, Elizabeth Dwoskin and Craig Timberg September 24 https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 7e2223a915

Another load of fake news from the Hillary loving sore losers at the Washington Post. Watch how Robert Parry again dissects these vermin and exposes the rot at the top to sunlight.

So, Facebook initially – after extensive searching – did not find evidence of a Russian operation. Then, after continued pressure from high-level Democrats, Facebook continued to scour its system and again found nothing, or as the Post article acknowledged, Facebook “had searched extensively for evidence of foreign purchases of political advertising but had come up short.”
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/25/w ... a-bashing/

I challenge any of you to give me an example of Russia-generated fake news. Go to RT and Sputnik if you must and bring Jimbo some fake news.

The Russian ad buy has been established as factual, it seems.

But FaceBook it says it can't find the ads?

Case closed then, I guess. *eye roll*
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Sep 2017, 04:05

Paging Jimbo: I don't think there's any actual dispute about the facts here. If you want to debate what the facts mean, then have at it.

Or just let us know you've gone off to some festival or something.

Anyway,

“First of all, can you explain to us why Sudan was removed?” a reporter asked Trump. “And second of all, how does the travel ban work in North Korea that doesn’t allow their people out of their country?”

“Well, the people — yeah, the people allowed — certain countries — but we can add countries very easily and we can take countries away,” Trump said.

The reporter asked Trump what Sudan did to have themselves removed from the ban.

“And as far as the travel ban is concerned,” he said, “whatever it is, I want the toughest travel ban you can have. So I’ll see you in Indiana. We’re going to go over some more points that have not been talked about.”

And that was that.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-sudan-t ... 679e56a93/

Words matter.

In the past week, the president restated his view that assertions of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election are a “hoax.” He has said this before. In repeating himself on the topic, including at a political rally on Saturday in Alabama, he is doing more than ignoring the evidence that has emerged over the months of Justice Department and congressional investigations, in investigative reporting, and in Facebook’s recent disclosures about Russian-financed campaign advertising. He is denying the evidence. He is saying that beliefs about Russia electioneering are untrue. And he is making a still broader claim: that any claim to the contrary is a hoax—a deliberate deception or fraud.

This is a serious move, not one to be dismissed as mere political positioning. It matters that a president charged with faithfully executing the laws deliberately and continuously misrepresents to the public the grounds for an ongoing criminal investigation. And it is not a course he can pursue without consequences for his personal exposure in the investigation or in an impeachment proceeding.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/presidents- ... le-offense

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Sep 2017, 06:42

Snarfyguy wrote:Paging Jimbo: I don't think there's any actual dispute about the facts here. If you want to debate what the facts mean, then have at it.

Or just let us know you've gone off to some festival or something.

Actually I have been preparing to go to a festival next weekend, Asagiri Jam, a two day outing at the actual foot of Mt. Fuji - unlike Fuji Rock which is nowhere near Mt. Fuji (but it used to be).

The CN link, which I support, above is what you need to debate.

But speaking for myself, I favor detante and cooperation with Russia in these crazy times. Putin is not a mad man nor a crazy killer nor, as Hillary said, "Hitler." For proof of Putin's level headedness and sanity see the hours and hours of the Oliver Stone interview. The dude is cool. But those who choose to not see the goodness of Putin - a substantial section of the US political elite, the NYT and WAPO - they are doing their best to sabotage any chance of detante. Now, is it a fact that "Russia" bought FB ads which sought to influence voters to vote Trump? I know, for instance, TYT (Hillary leaners) reported this as a fact and while admitting it was small potatoes it was, they said, at last, something that proved "Russia's" involvement in the election. Have you seen an ad, even as an illustration in a news story? It's all bullshit. The deep state, the CIA, Pentagon, the merchants of war, they want instability. They prefer war.

A while back Sloop called me out for shouting "War!" (Or "wolf" the Count would say) so often and wondered war, what war? The US isn't at war. I contend that we are lied to so much because, as the saying goes, truth is the first casualty of war.

War, what war?

It isn't WWII, storming French beaches or nuking Japan, but think about today and how many bases we have around the world, how much money we spend on the military, how many secret ops we are running, how many other countries' wars we are backing, all the hi tech surveillance. Jesus, we are not at a shooting war today but we are on a mega-Bigfoot sized war footing. So of course we are being lied to, gaslighted, bamboozled, scapegoating Russia, Muslims, and even Donald Trump. The dude merely says he'd favor good relations with Putin, BAM! And after much cajoling, FB somehow pries from it's gazzilions of zeros and ones something that may be Russia attempting to take over America via some what, Facebook ads? Show me one.
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2017, 22:08

Price offers to pay back for private flights and is fired anyway. These guys should get their stories straight.

Last night, on a cable news show, I watched Price railing against politicians taking charter flights years ago.

What is up with this shit?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Sep 2017, 22:20

"We're gonna get all the best people!"

In Putin News....

Jimbo wrote:The dude is cool.
:lol: Kookie, lend me your comb!
Last edited by Sneelock on 29 Sep 2017, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Nextdoorland”