PROG SYNCH LISTEN: Parliament Funkadelic - My Ass Is Free and My Mind Is Hollow

Do talk back
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: PROG SYNCH LISTEN: Parliament Funkadelic - Free Your Mind... and Your Ass Will Follow - Friday, August 11 @ 9 PM

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:17

funky dollar bill.

damn kickass/kickarse. downright freaky

Nancy
Daft Sod

Re: PROG SYNCH LISTEN: Parliament Funkadelic - Free Your Mind... and Your Ass Will Follow - Friday, August 11 @ 9 PM

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:18

And Bernie Worrell is also a monster on organ and piano.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 11 Aug 2017, 21:18

Nancy wrote:This riff sounds Hendrix-y.

Yes.

Hendrix & Clinton - could they have worked together or would they have clashed or had such different visions that the compromise would have been unsatisfying?

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:21

John aka Josh wrote:

Yes.

Hendrix & Clinton - could they have worked together or would they have clashed or had such different visions that the compromise would have been unsatisfying?

i like to think they would've made it work. in the name of the jam.

i could be wrong, but i can still think that way if i wanna. mwhahaha

my head keeps bouncing around. while still attached.

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:21

John aka Josh wrote:

Yes.

Not sure how long it would have lasted, but could you imagine Jimi & Eddie Hazel trading solos? :o

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 11 Aug 2017, 21:22

Nancy wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion these guys might have experimented with acid once or twice.

Just read "The inspiration for this album was, according to George Clinton, an attempt to "see if we can cut a whole album while we're all tripping on acid." '

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:22

this is just awesome.

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:23

I think I might rank this album above even Maggot Brain. Maggot Brain is my favorite Funkadelic song, but this album is more consistently just all in my ballpark.

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:23

John aka Josh wrote:
Nancy wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion these guys might have experimented with acid once or twice.

Just read "The inspiration for this album was, according to George Clinton, an attempt to "see if we can cut a whole album while we're all tripping on acid." '

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 11 Aug 2017, 21:23

Nancy wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:

Yes.

Not sure how long it would have lasted, but could you imagine Jimi & Eddie Hazel trading solos? :o

Should've been special.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:24

John aka Josh wrote:

mwhahahahaaaaa. oh yeah.

but ya know how it goes. you hafta have the genius there to make it work in the first place. if you don't have it, acid doesn't give it to you. if you don't, you make musical salad thrown on the wall.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 11 Aug 2017, 21:25

Trippy! Would've liked another 10 minutes or so of that laid back vibe.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:26

Nancy wrote:I think I might rank this album above even Maggot Brain. Maggot Brain is my favorite Funkadelic song, but this album is more consistently just all in my ballpark.

maggot brain is fantastic. '

so is this.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:27

John aka Josh wrote:Trippy! Would've liked another 10 minutes or so of that laid back vibe.

yes. these things really fly by. siiiigh.

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:27

Funk-blues. They just move from style to style effortlessly.

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:28

kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:

mwhahahahaaaaa. oh yeah.

but ya know how it goes. you hafta have the genius there to make it work in the first place. if you don't have it, acid doesn't give it to you. if you don't, you make musical salad thrown on the wall.

And then you have to spill claret up the wall to clean up the salad.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:28

such a quick fade out, but i love that it ends on that drumming up

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 11 Aug 2017, 21:29

Preach it, Rev. Clinton

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:29

Nancy wrote:
kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:

mwhahahahaaaaa. oh yeah.

And then you have to spill claret up the wall to clean up the salad.

mwhahaha. or maybe the claret could be the salad dressing.

okay, i'm getting all zappan now.

kath

Postby kath » 11 Aug 2017, 21:29

Nancy wrote:Preach it, Rev. Clinton

in the trippy church of... well, trip.

Return to “Yakety Yak”