yeah
63%
no
38%

Total votes: 24

Rayge

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Rayge » 31 Jul 2017, 13:28

Diamond Dog wrote:That's interesting that you say you aren't speaking for Skope or Gash... yet link it to a post I made specifically about those two. Can you think of a way where "I wouldn't dream of speaking for Gash or Skope" may appear somewhat more likely, Ray... you know, like not quoting me talking specifically about those two, in your response?

Well, it was your bringing up of the conspiracy theory about the PMs and skope that prompted me to point out that I, at least, did nothing to promulgate it, even though I expressed my disappointment about skope's being 'hounded off the board'. I quoted you not because my remarks were aimed at you but because it gave me an opportunity to do that: I'm just (as usual) over-explaining my viewpoint and my conclusions (which may well be 'wrong') because I do have a morbid concern with not being misunderstood.

Diamond Dog wrote:As for the rest of your supposition about how you saw it... well that's interesting too. You say that mine & K's response was because we had been goaded into action by Skope... and then make the leap that that meant we (and two other unnamed posters) were 'teaming up' to respond to Adam (even in posts where he wasn't being nasty & provocative - how sweet of him). With absolutely no proof of that at all. And then say "no conspiracy, no complaints involved"..... doesn't four posters 'teaming up' sound like a conspiracy to you, then? And are you honestly saying that no one suggested there were complaints made about Adam - or is that just you not talking for anyone else again Ray?

well, first off, no, four posters 'teaming up' does not suggest a conspiracy to me at all. 'Conspiracy' suggests a plan, people acting in concert with an aim in view. I don't think that's what happened at all, and tried to make that clear. Failed again :)

As for the rest of it, Adam pissed a lot of people off, and was very provocative, presumably because he enjoyed a bit of flaming. I've never liked that. He had a go at me more than once, but I sorted out things with him in PMs. With you and K, though, it escalated far beyond that, got very personal and unpleasant on both sides (I did ask him in a PM why he did that, but he never satisfactorily explained it to me). Of course there's no 'proof' - what is this, a trial? – of what I'm saying, I'm just (as usual) over-explaining my viewpoint and my conclusions (which may well be 'wrong') because I do have a morbid concern with not being misunderstood. What I wrote in this thread is how it seemed to me to be then.

Of course, I read several posts where people seemed to be suggesting there were complaints about Adam by PM, but to the best of my remembrance, I wasn't one of them. As usual, that is me not talking for anyone else – it's a key part of who I am on these boards that I only really talk about myself and how I see things :) .

Apologies for any misunderstandings – I really would like to get back to the usual bollocks rather than rehearsing this stuff
All best
Ray
Last edited by Rayge on 31 Jul 2017, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 13:43

Can't wait for this response, google very active in the Oxford area at the mo. Hopefully he'll work on his explanation a little more than his efforts on circular time.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 31 Jul 2017, 13:50

fuck off all you with your 'common sense' bollocks
I run out of talent

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 31 Jul 2017, 13:53

WG Kaspar wrote:fuck off all you with your 'common sense' bollocks

On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 31 Jul 2017, 13:53

K wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I wasn't clear what you meant by this, that's all:

Although Thang-y is not an alias, I have no idea who is.

I thought you'd missed out an "if" and you were suggesting that she was an alias of Rayge which is something others appear to maintain they are

Ah, no. I know Thang-y has been accused of being an alias because she knows him so well (lives with him?) But she does seem to know all of his various handles, which are more copious than he lets on, I'm sure.

Thang-y is my fiancée, and does indeed now live with me in Deepest Devon, and thus shares my IP address. I have absolutely no input over what she writes, and would not want to.
As I have mentioned before, many times, I have three aliases; HipsterDawg (whom I use to channel the wit and wisdom of my dog Scrap), Dead Doris (Doris was a sister of my mother who died, aged 12, in the 1920s, and was still a haunting presence through my childhood) whom I occasionally use to make gnomic remarks about death and as a surrogate in the cups, and Ragye, who is simply another version of Rayge that I use when for one reason or another Rayge is unavailable (most recently because I wanted to save Rayge's 10,000th post for the one I made in memory of my father and the week I spent in in a Thomas Hardy novel viewtopic.php?f=40&t=135103 ).
These are the only three I ever had (although Ragye's name has changed several times depending on circumstance). I have never used any of them to parody or attack another user, or to do anything underhand.
I'm sorry that my being open about my aliases and the reasons I have them has led you, and perhaps others, to assume that there are more, but I can do no more than simply restate the truth, and put my name to it. If an admin could be arsed (Moddie? Hatz? Prof?), I'm sure they would confirm all that I've said here. Really, nothing to hide at all (and I was perfectly sincere in that PM, too).
All best
Ray
Last edited by Rayge on 31 Jul 2017, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jul 2017, 13:56

Rayge just became the most interesting member on the board after that thread. Plus do we have another couple that BCB help put together?!?!?!

I'll fire over my address for the wedding invite, I know you won't want to invite the rest *Taps nose*
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 31 Jul 2017, 14:11

K wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I wasn't clear what you meant by this, that's all:

Although Thang-y is not an alias, I have no idea who is.

I thought you'd missed out an "if" and you were suggesting that she was an alias of Rayge which is something others appear to maintain they are

Ah, no. I know Thang-y has been accused of being an alias because she knows him so well (lives with him?) But she does seem to know all of his various handles, which are more copious than he lets on, I'm sure.

Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment of Googamoogagate in the Twilight Zone.

Or better yet, go and have a nice cup of tea and forget all about it.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 31 Jul 2017, 14:13

oops, fuck up
Last edited by Rayge on 31 Jul 2017, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 31 Jul 2017, 14:14

B O R I N G

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 31 Jul 2017, 14:20

Rayge wrote:If an admin could be arsed (Moddie? Hatz? Prof?), I'm sure they would confirm all that I've said here.
Ray

It's true. I've never thought it was the job of admins to grass up aliases in public but if anyone wants to out themselves, feel free.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 31 Jul 2017, 14:24

The Prof wrote:
Rayge wrote:If an admin could be arsed (Moddie? Hatz? Prof?), I'm sure they would confirm all that I've said here.
Ray

It's true. I've never thought it was the job of admins to grass up aliases in public but if anyone wants to out themselves, feel free.

Thanks
Ray

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jul 2017, 14:38

I am John Coan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 14:40

Rayge wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:That's interesting that you say you aren't speaking for Skope or Gash... yet link it to a post I made specifically about those two. Can you think of a way where "I wouldn't dream of speaking for Gash or Skope" may appear somewhat more likely, Ray... you know, like not quoting me talking specifically about those two, in your response?

Well, it was your bringing up of the conspiracy theory about the PMs and skope that prompted me to point out that I, at least, did nothing to promulgate it, even though I expressed my disappointment about skope's being 'hounded off the board'. I quoted you not because my remarks were aimed at you but because it gave me an opportunity to do that: I'm just (as usual) over-explaining my viewpoint and my conclusions (which may well be 'wrong') because I do have a morbid concern with not being misunderstood.

a) I never knew it was you that first used the phrase 'hounded off the board' re Skope.
b) I've not suggested you have exacerbated/encouraged the chat around Gash's assertions about any conspiracy re Skope.

So, basically, you're denying things you've never been 'accused' of in the first place.

Unlike when Gash directly accused me of conspiring/encouraging by PM the banning of Skope.

There's quite a difference.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 14:44

Any evidence for this Peter?

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 14:45

I wonder if Peter has me mixed up with zong/fonz?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 14:47

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Usual shit, no doubt.
Cocaine

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 14:49

A Postie's lot is not a happy one :)

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 15:02

Peter kicking off on Facebook :)

Turn it off chum.....p :) :)

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 31 Jul 2017, 15:04

Diamond Dog wrote:So, basically, you're denying things you've never been 'accused' of in the first place.

Unlike when Gash directly accused me of conspiring/encouraging by PM the banning of Skope.
There's quite a difference.

No, I'm clarifying my position so that no one assumes I was in any way involved, as my sense of integrity is important to me (with the added bonus that I bored the Tory turntablist ;) )
As far as I know (some posters are on hard ignore and can say whatever they like, as far as I'm concerned they're dead), no one I care about on here has 'accused' me of anything.
And of course there is a difference between my clarifying my position and whatever Gash did, because we are entirely different people living at opposite ends of the country – I'm not sure what point you are making here, but never mind.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 15:07

The point I'm making Ray?

It's you that quoted me mate, not the other way around.

It was you making a point by using a completely unconnected quote of mine.

But, hey, let's not worry.

After all, I think Gash is trying desperately to get either yours or my attention.

Here! Here! Me! Me!
Cocaine

Return to “Nextdoorland”