MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr Markus

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Jul 2017, 16:17

A weekend on call, no beer, can't leave the house, only bonus is the money I'll save and the extra on call money i'll make. Very fucking thin silver linings.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 28 Jul 2017, 16:22

I don't know how, but last night, when setting my alarm for this morning, I somehow changed the time 2 hours ahead. As a result, when it went off this morning at the usual 7 am, I got up and took out the trash. I thought it was pretty dark and my neighbours newspaper was still on the stoop. Bizarre I thought. Came back in and checked my phone. It was only 5 bleeping AM! Good thing I had gone to bed fairly early. :evil:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 28 Jul 2017, 16:40

The Great Defector wrote:A weekend on call, no beer, can't leave the house, only bonus is the money I'll save and the extra on call money i'll make. Very fucking thin silver linings.

I was on call for about nineteen years but took a job that didn't require it about sixteen years ago. Call was the main reason I bought a cellphone. It allowed me some freedome of movement on the weekends. It took years for me to stop flinching when I heard a phone ring.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Jul 2017, 16:42

Six String wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:A weekend on call, no beer, can't leave the house, only bonus is the money I'll save and the extra on call money i'll make. Very fucking thin silver linings.

I was on call for about nineteen years but took a job that didn't require it about sixteen years ago. Call was the main reason I bought a cellphone. It allowed me some freedome of movement on the weekends. It took years for me to stop flinching when I heard a phone ring.

There's a big fight on Saturday night and the boys are getting together, I can't go and it's fucking shit.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jul 2017, 21:25

Harvey K-Tel wrote:They've got everyone at work using an app called 'Basecamp' for co-ordinating projects and whatnot. It's basically an inter-office social media network. I foresee myself writing and deleting a lot of comments, or getting into heaps of trouble.

Never heard of them, but their employees are all over, but look marginally based out of Chicago.

My Silicon Valley bias went to: How the fuck do you trust a project management or social media company not based in the Bay Area?

I know what they're trying to do with their website and little mascot/logo, but it looks like a green pile of jello and not a little mountain. Plus, the serif font site they use doesn't make them look authoritative. It makes them look out of touch.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jul 2017, 21:35

It's 330 and I took the afternoon off to have my hair cut. It looks ace. I'm sat having a cold beer in a bar down the road from my hairdressers waiting for the.Baron taxi and I'm in a right good mood. Friday, bitches!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Jul 2017, 00:03

Stuck on a work call at 12:00am on a Friday night. # Living the wild, wild, life#

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Jul 2017, 00:04

Had my buddy in Eugene, OR, roll by my place and take a photo to see how it looks with renters.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Jul 2017, 00:28

The Great Defector wrote:Stuck on a work call at 12:00am on a Friday night. # Living the wild, wild, life#

I'm so bored I'm half watching baseball!!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Jul 2017, 21:39

Can we unsticky this thing? I mean, why the fuck is it a sticky?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Jul 2017, 21:41

Anyway, for whatever reason, MY WIFE doesn't really believe in lunch on the weekends. She also doesn't like avocados. So I bought a big avocado yesterday. Today, I emptied out the flesh/meat/whatever you call it into a mixing bowl, added some onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt, and busted it up a little. Slapped some tortillas on the comal to heat 'em up, and threw the guacamole in there and I'm very fucking happy I did. Sensational.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 29 Jul 2017, 22:09

sloopjohnc wrote:Had my buddy in Eugene, OR, roll by my place and take a photo to see how it looks with renters.

My God! They're growing trees indoors!
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 30 Jul 2017, 09:19

Still Baron wrote:Anyway, for whatever reason, MY WIFE doesn't really believe in lunch on the weekends. She also doesn't like avocados. So I bought a big avocado yesterday. Today, I emptied out the flesh/meat/whatever you call it into a mixing bowl, added some onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt, and busted it up a little. Slapped some tortillas on the comal to heat 'em up, and threw the guacamole in there and I'm very fucking happy I did. Sensational.

No garlic? Are you not meant to put it in? I love it.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 Jul 2017, 13:34

I don't believe in it, but I'm just some guy.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 30 Jul 2017, 23:43

I'm sure it's nice without it as well :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 31 Jul 2017, 00:30

Still Baron wrote:Anyway, for whatever reason, MY WIFE doesn't really believe in lunch on the weekends. She also doesn't like avocados. So I bought a big avocado yesterday. Today, I emptied out the flesh/meat/whatever you call it into a mixing bowl, added some onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt, and busted it up a little. Slapped some tortillas on the comal to heat 'em up, and threw the guacamole in there and I'm very fucking happy I did. Sensational.

I bet.

I can not understand not loving avocados on any level.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Flower

Postby Flower » 31 Jul 2017, 02:42

I saved a bee today! I'm watching my friend's cats and garden for a week and when I went to check their bird bath there was a bee drowning, I picked up a twig and fished the bee out and put him at the edge of the bird bath where he dried off and then flew away. I then placed a flat rock in the middle of the bird bath so that it hopefully won't happen again. They have some swallow dishes with water and rocks for the bees and butterflies but it's mostly a neighbor's elderly cat who drinks from them.

I am so happy to have saved the bee. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 31 Jul 2017, 17:46

Still Baron wrote:I don't believe in it, but I'm just some guy.

I wouldn't put garlic in guacamole either.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 31 Jul 2017, 19:50

The Big Dog went to sleep this afternoon. My cds are now safe.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Jul 2017, 20:11

Jeemo wrote:The Big Dog went to sleep this afternoon. My cds are now safe.

I'm sorry love.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Return to “Nextdoorland”