"Sky Sports Understands...."

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
jimboo

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby jimboo » 09 Jul 2017, 16:02

K wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
K wrote:To a team with a manager who previously played him in the reserves.

Loaned him out and was very disparaging about why he was being loaned out.

So what has changed Mourinho's mind?

He got better.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Jul 2017, 16:31

Of course.

Arf Arf.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 10 Jul 2017, 10:29

WG Kaspar wrote:Football is fucked in general Pete.
90M for a dude that kicks a piece of leather filled with air?
Fuck that shit man.

Truth.

90million for Lukaka? I mean, he's good, but someway off being the finished product.

The football world has gone mad.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 10 Jul 2017, 20:08

Goat Boy wrote:
WG Kaspar wrote:Football is fucked in general Pete.
90M for a dude that kicks a piece of leather filled with air?
Fuck that shit man.

Truth.

90million for Lukaka? I mean, he's good, but someway off being the finished product.

The football world has gone mad.

Having failed with Lukaku, Chelsea are now reportedly offering £70m for a guy from the Real Madrid subs bench.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 10 Jul 2017, 20:09

Is it the same guy that Man Utd wanted before they got the guy that Chelsea wanted?
I run out of talent

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 10 Jul 2017, 21:50

Nah , that guy was was jumping up and down saying please buy me and trolling utd football players tweets .
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Jul 2017, 12:54

Benteke to everton is rumored. You just know that prick will haunt us.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jul 2017, 15:12

Kyle Walker worth 50 million?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Jul 2017, 15:38

The Great Defector wrote:Kyle Walker worth 50 million?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well of course he isn't, but that's Daniel for you. Spurs make a huge profit, have a ready-made replacement in Trippier (not quite as fast, nor as good a defender, but better going forward, with back-ups emerging in the academy) and Pep gets himself another mouthy bugger. What's not to love?

Oh, and £35m for Andy Carroll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That one never gets old

Glass houses, Markus
Last edited by Rayge on 13 Jul 2017, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jul 2017, 15:41

Rayge wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Kyle Walker worth 50 million?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well of course he isn't, but that's Daniel for you.
Oh, and £35m for Andy Carroll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That one never gets old

Yeah it actually does, it shows you don't really have much to banter with if you have to go back that far.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Jul 2017, 15:47

The Great Defector wrote:Yeah it actually does, it shows you don't really have much to banter with if you have to go back that far.

Please note that I support the club that made all the money getting rid of a trouble-maker, so no need for me to banter.
And I would have have had a more up-to-date example than carroll if any of Poo's later bad buys had done enough to make their names memorable.
I'll look up their transfers over the last few years and try to find something more chuckleworthy.

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jul 2017, 16:39

Cheers, you know it makes sense.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Jul 2017, 16:52

Well Benteke was a high transfer that flopped. Although I don't know why Liverpool couldn't have utilised his talents better. It was more a case of wrong club than bad player I think.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Jul 2017, 16:54

The Great Defector wrote:Cheers, you know it makes sense.

13/14
Mamadou Sakho 16m
Simon Mignolet 9m
Luis Alberto 7m
14/15
Dejan Lovren 21m
Lazar Markovic 21m
Mario Balotelli 17m
Alberto Moreno 15m
15/16
Benteke 39m
16/17
Lorius Karius 5m

So that's up to 150m pissed up the wall, without even mentioning the 19m for Downing. And of course a few have been sold on, but none at a profit.

Spurs bought Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton as a package for £9m. Sold on for a total of £55m

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jul 2017, 16:56

:lol: Didn't think you were gonna take it so seriously. We could spend all day going over who had the worst transfers and made the most money.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Jul 2017, 17:05

The Great Defector wrote::lol: Didn't think you were gonna take it so seriously. We could spend all day going over who had the worst transfers and made the most money.

I wasn't taking anything seriously, M. It's raining and I'm a bit bored, is all. After all, as I said, Spurs are on the right end of this deal.

And btw, if we're talking most money in terms of net spend, Spurs are the runaway winners in the prem over the past few years

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... ve-seasons

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Jul 2017, 17:40

The Modernist wrote:Well Benteke was a high transfer that flopped. Although I don't know why Liverpool couldn't have utilised his talents better. It was more a case of wrong club than bad player I think.

If we were to pick up Benteke for £40 million, I'd be ecstatic.

As you say G, he was playing for the wrong manager(s) at Liverpool - not difficult recently, it must be said- and is very very close to Lukaka... Lukaku would be a better finisher and more skilful, but Benteke is a better leader of the line and pisses all over Lukaku in the air. Even if we paid £50 million and made between £25-40 million profit (on the Lukaku deal) it would be a sensational piece of business for us.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Jul 2017, 17:52

Rayge wrote:Well of course he isn't, but that's Daniel for you. Spurs make a huge profit, have a ready-made replacement in Trippier (not quite as fast, nor as good a defender, but better going forward, with back-ups emerging in the academy) and Pep gets himself another mouthy bugger. What's not to love?

I actually went and saw Spurs at Wembley in their dead rubber game in the Champions League - I spent most of the night looking at Walker, because I'm fascinated by him.

He has a phenomenal engine - alot of players can sprint quickly and alot of players can run all night. Walker is the only player I've seen that can sprint all fucking night long. And I really mean that - an incredible athlete.

And that's why Pep wants him - he's the perfect fit for the type of 'defence' he wants.... he's an English version of Alves. Guardiola will consider him a raging success. He'll quote how many thousands of miles of sprints he's run that game, how he spends 97% of his time in the opponents six yard box, how he can do flick flak's going backwards and still get from box-to-box in under 2.7 seconds. And he'll be absolutely spot on.

The one thing Kyle Walker cannot do, sadly, is defend. In any sense of the word. His positional sense is like a compass pointer directly on the magnetic north pole - he just goes round and round wildly, desperately trying to find where he should be, but never once getting there. He is absolutely fucking hopeless defensively.

Which makes his transfer to Man City truly a match made in heaven.
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Jul 2017, 18:20

Diamond Dog wrote:I actually went and saw Spurs at Wembley in their dead rubber game in the Champions League - I spent most of the night looking at Walker, because I'm fascinated by him.

He has a phenomenal engine - alot of players can sprint quickly and alot of players can run all night. Walker is the only player I've seen that can sprint all fucking night long. And I really mean that - an incredible athlete.

And that's why Pep wants him - he's the perfect fit for the type of 'defence' he wants.... he's an English version of Alves. Guardiola will consider him a raging success. He'll quote how many thousands of miles of sprints he's run that game, how he spends 97% of his time in the opponents six yard box, how he can do flick flak's going backwards and still get from box-to-box in under 2.7 seconds. And he'll be absolutely spot on.

The one thing Kyle Walker cannot do, sadly, is defend. In any sense of the word. His positional sense is like a compass pointer directly on the magnetic north pole - he just goes round and round wildly, desperately trying to find where he should be, but never once getting there. He is absolutely fucking hopeless defensively.

Which makes his transfer to Man City truly a match made in heaven.

:lol: :lol:

I should point out though that he has got a fair bit better defensively as last season wore on. The three centre back system suited him because Jan and Toby (and to a lesser extent Dier) are so good at organising and covering, so his skittishness wasn't found out so often.

I should also mention that Trippier can't defend really either, not the way either of Spurs' left-backs can

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Jul 2017, 16:31

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10948540/lazio-agree-5m-fee-for-liverpools-lucas-leiva

Ten years for one player! nearly unheard of these days.

Return to “Sporting Life”