Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 27 Jun 2017, 10:04

I don't think it's related.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 12:49

I reckon, that little girl is gonna grow up to be Sarah's ma. She saw Bob first before anyone else in the original show and was the only one who had visions apart from Coop. Plus it would make lynch/frost logic to have bob use her da to kill her.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 27 Jun 2017, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 27 Jun 2017, 12:52

The Great Defector wrote:I reckon, that little girl is gonna grow up to be Sarah's ma. She saw Bob first before anyone else in the original show and was the only one who had visions apart from Coop.

The timeline isn't correct.

Remember the original show was set in 1989. Sarah Palmer was born in the mid 40s I think. Unless you meant Laura instead?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 12:53

Goat Boy wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I reckon, that little girl is gonna grow up to be Sarah's ma. She saw Bob first before anyone else in the original show and was the only one who had visions apart from Coop.

Remember the original show was set in 1989. Sarah Palmer was born in the mid 40s I think. Unless you meant Laura instead?

Yep meant Laura's ma, my bad.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 27 Jun 2017, 13:11

The Great Defector wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Yep meant Laura's ma, my bad.

Was the "mutant bug" (literal or metaphorically) Bob or some other evil spirit? Was it meant to be the soul of Laura sent to earth by the white lodge? It would seem an odd choice to use a mutant bug to represent the latter so I can only assume it's something like the former.

However, Bob entered Lleland as a young boy and considering Lleland was born in 1944 this would clash with the young girl who is around in 1956(?).

I don't think it is Sarah Palmer (although it is certainly a possibility and the timeless would match) nor do I think the bug was BOB as some have claimed. I think it's maybe just a metaphor for innocence being corrupted.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 13:29

Well you could argue he came to earth rather than was born so that time line doesn't really matter. When giant seen his picture it not like he looked like he was a baby or a kid. It was fully grown Bob. Listen knowing Frost and lynch, it could end up that being that the little girl is the log lady. Also how do you end up in Twin peaks from new Mexico. Can't wait to find all this shit out.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 27 Jun 2017, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 27 Jun 2017, 13:55

You might want to edit that post to blank out the quote cos of spoilers

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 14:00

Goat Boy wrote:You might want to edit that post to blank out the quote cos of spoilers

Good shout.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 17:12

Oh yeah the music segment in the middle of the show is annoying to me. At the end, aye no bother, but not in the middle.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 27 Jun 2017, 22:32

Bloody hell!!
Just watched episode 8. That made Fire Walk With Me seem like Mary Poppins.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 27 Jun 2017, 22:37

Belle Lettre wrote:That was beautiful

Disturbing and brilliantly audacious perhaps, but beautiful??
:?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 23:02

Part of me wants him to do another film in black and white after watching that episode.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 27 Jun 2017, 23:17

Visually it was beautiful.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 27 Jun 2017, 23:19

Goat Boy wrote:Visually it was beautiful.

That's what I meant, G.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 23:19

Aye, him and frost could come up with something.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 28 Jun 2017, 01:37

The Great Defector wrote:Part of me wants him to do another film in black and white after watching that episode.

I certainly have an interest in seeing what he could come up with after that episode. I'd rank Part 8 right there with Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive as Lynch's masterpieces. And what's great is that we still have 10 more episodes left.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 28 Jun 2017, 02:01

Well it is in the eye of the beholder I suppose!

Not my idea of beauty but it was transfixing for sure.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 28 Jun 2017, 02:02

joels344 wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Part of me wants him to do another film in black and white after watching that episode.

I certainly have an interest in seeing what he could come up with after that episode. I'd rank Part 8 right there with Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive as Lynch's masterpieces. And what's great is that we still have 10 more episodes left.

Blue Velvet was his masterpiece for me, I prefer him with more of a narrative purpose.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 28 Jun 2017, 02:51

The Modernist wrote:
joels344 wrote:

Blue Velvet was his masterpiece for me, I prefer him with more of a narrative purpose.

I can't argue with your personal favorite. Blue Velvet operates as a classical piece of cinema and it's all done fantastically well. I understand why it's your favorite, but I tend to prefer the more experimental side of Lynch.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 28 Jun 2017, 11:01

Goat Boy wrote:

The actress playing her was born in 1941 was the timeline would kind of fit.

Return to “Screenadelica”