Zappa corner. bung it here.

Do talk back
C
Robust

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby C » 25 May 2017, 19:44

NP

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 20 Jun 2017, 06:17

ZFZ with special guest Rachel Flowers, a 23-year-old multi-instrumentalist who has been blind since the agree of three months... and, coincidentally enough, was born on what would have been Frank's 53rd birthday,

"Quite."

C
Robust

Postby C » 20 Jun 2017, 20:41

zoomboogity wrote:ZFZ with special guest Rachel Flowers, a 23-year-old multi-instrumentalist who has been blind since the agree of three months... and, coincidentally enough, was born on what would have been Frank's 53rd birthday,

Superb!

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Sep 2017, 15:02

Hologram Zappa touring soon...

http://www.zappa.com/news/frank-zappa-b ... ogram-tour

Zappa Family Trust working with Eyellusion on multiple groundbreaking productions that will feature former bandmates in celebration of late music legend’s art, life and legacy.

LOS ANGELES – SEPTEMBER 21, 2017 – Eyellusion, live music’s premier hologram production company, today announced that it will work closely with the Zappa Family Trust to produce hologram performances of Frank Zappa, giving fans an opportunity to experience the prolific, eclectic and critically acclaimed music legend live in concert again. Production for the Zappa shows will kick off in late 2017, with performances announced later in 2018.

“I’m thrilled that Frank Zappa will finally be going back out on tour playing his most well-known music as well as some rare and unheard material,” said Ahmet Zappa, co-Trustee of the Zappa Family Trust. “We can’t wait to bring his creative work back to the stage with the musicians he loved to play with, such as Steve Vai, Ian Underwood, Adrian Belew, Arthur Barrow, Vinnie Colaiuta, Scott Thunes, Mike Keneally, Denny Walley, Warren Cuccurullo and Napoleon Murphy Brock among others who are committed to being part of this epic endeavor. When I spoke with them, they were excited at the prospect of performing alongside Frank once again and can’t wait to give fans an unforgettable experience.”

He continued, “Also, how radical would it be to have Moon singing ‘Valley Girl’ onstage with Frank? Or to see Dweezil side by side with our father playing dueling guitar solos? That would be my greatest wish and I look forward to bringing this special celebration of Frank’s legacy to a town near you. But if that wasn’t enough Zappa coolness, we’re also planning on staging Joe’s Garage The Musical with none other than Frank Zappa himself starring as the Central Scrutinizer.”

“Frank was an innovator and his art transcended so many different mediums,” said Diva Zappa, co-Trustee of the Zappa Family Trust. “He left behind such an extensive body of work and we want to celebrate his music with really creative and unique live hologram productions that will introduce his music to a new generation of fans and let so many that enjoyed his music when he was alive experience it again. We have had this idea for many years and after meeting with the team at Eyellusion, we knew that they were the right partner to make it a reality.”

“We work closely with the Zappa family on their various projects, and look forward to sharing new Frank Zappa performances with his longtime fans, as well as expanding his audience to give new fans the opportunity to share in that experience” adds Bruce Resnikoff, President and CEO, Universal Music Enterprises.

“We are thrilled to welcome such a monumental and important artist to our lineup of planned live music hologram productions,” said Jeff Pezzuti, CEO, Eyellusion. “Frank Zappa was an incredible musician, unmatched in his output, tackled so many different genres and influenced a generation of artists that would go on to help further shape rock and pop for decades to come. We are music lovers first and can’t wait to get to work on yet another show that lets fans experience such timeless and important music in a live concert setting.”
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 21 Sep 2017, 15:19

Just NO!
(Grumpy old man response)
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Sep 2017, 15:20

What if he collaborated with Hologram Tupac?!
Imagine the possibilities...
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Sep 2017, 16:21

He continued, “Also, how radical would it be to have Moon singing ‘Valley Girl’ onstage with Frank? Or to see Dweezil side by side with our father playing dueling guitar solos? That would be my greatest wish..."

You'll notice that he doesn't say that Dweezil has committed to this. (Or Moon, for that matter.)

It seems like a weird tribute to an artist who never played the same set twice, never mind the same solos.

Depending on the ticket price/venue, I'd possibly go out of technological curiosity. And for the prospect of maybe shaking Ian Underwood's non-virtual hand.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 21 Sep 2017, 20:40

zoomboogity wrote:ZFZ with special guest Rachel Flowers, a 23-year-old multi-instrumentalist who has been blind since the agree of three months... and, coincidentally enough, was born on what would have been Frank's 53rd birthday,

Thanks for this! First time FZ's music has moved me to tears since what seems like forever!
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 22 Sep 2017, 01:19

Just read about this. Ugh was at the Tupac Coachella and knew this was coming but Frank. A whole show of hologram would be too much but I saw the joes garage tour so would be tempted. No way is dweezel involved after the lawsuit.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 22 Sep 2017, 03:06

Yeah, and Moon's almost 50, I don't think she'd be into doing the Valley Girl thing even under the best of circumstances. The whole hologram thing is just weird to me. I don't want to go to a concert to see a live performance by a dead person. Now, if they could get their algorithms advanced enough to create new improvised guitar solos that could (a) approximate Frank's thought patterns and (b) follow the band's cues enough to suggest other improvisational avenues, that would be impressive. They could get the classic Coltrane quartet back together at that point. I still wouldn't be into it, but that's just me. For all you know, half of the audience is a hologram too.

we’re also planning on staging Joe’s Garage The Musical with none other than Frank Zappa himself starring as the Central Scrutinizer.

"...and the best part is: we won't be paying him either!"

On second thought, I guess there is something I'd be willing to see: The Monterey Pop Festival. Probably skip Friday, but definitely Saturday and Sunday. That would be cool. So what the heck, I could be persuaded.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 22 Sep 2017, 05:31

But anyway, back to this...

(it was a Stratocaster with a whammy bar)

C
Robust

Postby C » 22 Sep 2017, 20:41

zoomboogity wrote:But anyway, back to this...

(it was a Stratocaster with a whammy bar)

Stunning

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 25 Sep 2017, 16:13

http://rock921.iheart.com/content/2017-09-21-dweezil-zappa-responds-to-news-of-frank-zappa-hologram-tour

as expected, Dweezil not interested and Ahmed Trust article full of lies.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Sep 2017, 16:46

I think Ahmet is on Goof-Balls.
I think RDNZL is one of FZ's very top tracks. that thing is a monster!
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 25 Sep 2017, 21:05

Hightea wrote:http://rock921.iheart.com/content/2017-09-21-dweezil-zappa-responds-to-news-of-frank-zappa-hologram-tour

Adrian Belew has said no.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 26 Sep 2017, 05:16

Sneelock wrote:I think Ahmet is on Goof-Balls.
I think RDNZL is one of FZ's very top tracks. that thing is a monster!

I believe the correct term is "hopped up on them Goof-Balls." But yeah.

The ending to RDNZL on Studio Tan always makes me happy. From the dramatic build-up to the three seconds of Tex Avery to the final "twa-daaaah!" lounge jazz chord, it's just one of the best things ever. People always asked Frank about Varese, I don't remember anyone asking about Carl Stalling. I hear a lot of him all over Frank's music.

DID YOU KNOW... that Frank asked Micky Dolenz to be in his vaudeville band? He mentions it on the Head DVD commentary. Not as a drummer, but as a frontman. He wanted to join, but he was stuck in his Monkees contract with RCA, so oh well.

Music Is The Best

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 26 Sep 2017, 17:16

zoomboogity wrote:I believe the correct term is "hopped up on them Goof-Balls."

I knew I was forgetting something.
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Sep 2017, 17:21

Jeemo wrote:
Hightea wrote:http://rock921.iheart.com/content/2017-09-21-dweezil-zappa-responds-to-news-of-frank-zappa-hologram-tour

Adrian Belew has said no.

Hologram Adrian Belew is holding out for a bigger fee.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 26 Sep 2017, 21:02

They can just print up more hologram $100 bills for him. Problem solved!

C
Robust

Postby C » 27 Sep 2017, 09:05

zoomboogity wrote:They can just print up more hologram $100 bills for him. Problem solved!

Robust stuff - avec J-L

Return to “Yakety Yak”