Tactful Cactus

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Tactful Cactus » 18 May 2017, 15:25

:D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 May 2017, 15:45

Ragye wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/18/donald-trump-impeach-special-counsel-robert-mueller-fbi

Some guy at the Guardian wrote:And when Mueller summons Trump to testify under oath...

If this happens, I'll be like...

GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 May 2017, 16:09

Snarfyguy wrote:
Ragye wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/18/donald-trump-impeach-special-counsel-robert-mueller-fbi

Some guy at the Guardian wrote:And when Mueller summons Trump to testify under oath...

If this happens, I'll be like...

Pretty much what I was about to say! That'd be a hoot.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 May 2017, 20:08

Charlie O. wrote:Pretty much what I was about to say! That'd be a hoot.

Imagine him forced, under penalty of perjury, to give truthful, yes-or-no answers to the questions we're all wondering about.

I can't think of anything more satisfying, and I kind of feel like such a scenario is OWED us as payback for all the bullshit this guy's been handing us since he declared his candidacy and assumed the office. :x
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 May 2017, 20:22

Shit, he's older than Reagan. He just won't remember anything.
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 May 2017, 20:38

I'm totally afraid that something will "happen to him" on this overseas trip.
You think the day-to-day is a clusterfuck? Imagine the scene if this trip goes really, really wrong!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 May 2017, 20:53

Count Machuki wrote:I'm totally afraid that something will "happen to him" on this overseas trip.
You think the day-to-day is a clusterfuck? Imagine the scene if this trip goes really, really wrong!

I'm more afraid that something will happen to us as a result of this overseas trip...

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 18 May 2017, 22:05

Snarfyguy wrote:
Still Baron wrote:Here's something about Wall Street's pessimism about tax "reform," given the instability of the White House.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... eet-238474

Consider this: leaving aside Trump's unpredictability, we may be better off with him than a president Pence because Pence may actually be able to do the things Trump would like to do (in the arenas of gutting the Dep't of Education, the NEA, etc., tax cuts for the rich, stewardship for a comprehensive dismemberment of the ACA and so forth), but can't as a) he's completely incompetent and b) the whole apparatus of Congress is basically too busy attempting to make sense of Trump's daily catastrophic fuck-ups to do anything else.

I mean, imagine if the GOP had, as by rights it should, a well-oiled machine right now.

This occurred to me the other day too. From a policy standpoint, we are actually incredibly fortunate to have him as the Republican President, given every other dynamic in play right now.

He can't get shit done. Yes some things have happenned - DAPL is already leaking, he got his Supreme Court guy in there - but he's so reckless and fudges so many things, he keeps getting blocked by the courts. And he's trying to get Republicans to unite on healthcare when they can't - one faction refuses to completely abandon people who need care, because staying alive is popular in some parts of the country, and one faction insists that those people be abandoned and left for dead.

President Mike Pence would have exactly the same agenda, and could be the kind of smooth operator that made Obamacare repeal without replacement, tax giveaways to the rich, defunding of everything good etc, happen in the first couple months in office.

So maybe paradoxically we ARE better off with him in office. But that's presuming Trump doesn't blunder and stumble his ass into a war or some kind of avoidable problem that kills a lot of people. That's not out of the realm of possibility either.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 18 May 2017, 22:09

Jimbo, are you considering moving to Russia? It seems to have everything you need, especially trustworthy media. Trust in the media is pretty much mandatory, no fake news accusations can be made.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 19 May 2017, 02:32

bobzilla77 wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Consider this: leaving aside Trump's unpredictability, we may be better off with him than a president Pence because Pence may actually be able to do the things Trump would like to do (in the arenas of gutting the Dep't of Education, the NEA, etc., tax cuts for the rich, stewardship for a comprehensive dismemberment of the ACA and so forth), but can't as a) he's completely incompetent and b) the whole apparatus of Congress is basically too busy attempting to make sense of Trump's daily catastrophic fuck-ups to do anything else.

I mean, imagine if the GOP had, as by rights it should, a well-oiled machine right now.

This occurred to me the other day too. From a policy standpoint, we are actually incredibly fortunate to have him as the Republican President, given every other dynamic in play right now.

He can't get shit done. Yes some things have happenned - DAPL is already leaking, he got his Supreme Court guy in there - but he's so reckless and fudges so many things, he keeps getting blocked by the courts. And he's trying to get Republicans to unite on healthcare when they can't - one faction refuses to completely abandon people who need care, because staying alive is popular in some parts of the country, and one faction insists that those people be abandoned and left for dead.

President Mike Pence would have exactly the same agenda, and could be the kind of smooth operator that made Obamacare repeal without replacement, tax giveaways to the rich, defunding of everything good etc, happen in the first couple months in office.

So maybe paradoxically we ARE better off with him in office. But that's presuming Trump doesn't blunder and stumble his ass into a war or some kind of avoidable problem that kills a lot of people. That's not out of the realm of possibility either.

Maybe. It's also possible that Trump's chaos is masking the fundamental incompetence of the GOP congress. I mean...all they need him to do is sign legislation, but they can't get any to him.

It's easily forgotten that almost nobody left on the Republican side of the aisle in congress has really ever legislated. Most of these guys came in as opposition to Obama and have never actually had to make any legislative sausage before. I'm getting the feeling that they aren't fast learners.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 May 2017, 05:27

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has announced that he will be resigning from Congress next month, citing a "mid-life crisis"...

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 19 May 2017, 10:36

Charlie O. wrote:Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has announced that he will be resigning from Congress next month, citing a "mid-life crisis"...

Was he referring to himself or the country?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 May 2017, 15:01

Tactful Cactus wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has announced that he will be resigning from Congress next month, citing a "mid-life crisis"...

Was he referring to himself or the country?

The latter would be far more encouraging!

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 19 May 2017, 16:16

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 19 May 2017, 18:52

Nice try buddy, Morgan Freemans actually an actor....great guy though, the best...really...

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 May 2017, 20:30

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 May 2017, 01:03

Oh holy shit y'all
:shock:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 May 2017, 11:45

Putin is angry with Lavrov

Question authority.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 20 May 2017, 19:05

There's an image...Steve Bannon surrounded by sheiks

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 May 2017, 20:06

How about them Saudis? Red white and blue lights, Trump's projected visage...the whole nine!

Return to “Nextdoorland”