clear throat.
sing show tunes.

what's the point.
uggy poopy doody.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2017, 17:22

Jimbo wrote:Or you could go to you favorite show and watch a movie star make a quiche or catch a bass or lose 15 pounds.

:lol:

Good try Jimbo, good try.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2017, 17:24

"Hillary Clinton is a goddam demon!!"

This may be your answer Jimbo.
Cocaine

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 May 2017, 18:05

Here's a good song.
it's about a different guy, though.
uggy poopy doody.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 18:06

I don't believe Alex Jones really believes a lot of what he says but he's created a character that plays well with the lunatic right/conspiracy nuts etc and I'm sure he's done very well for himself out of it.

What you are watching is a performance of course. I suspect Trump probably admires him on some level because he knows a good bullshit artist and salesman when he sees one.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 May 2017, 18:12

and...
a good demographic.
I know people who only recently stopped referencing "Pizza-Gate".
mad people make dedicated voters.
uggy poopy doody.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 May 2017, 18:14

Goat Boy wrote:I don't believe Alex Jones really believes a lot of what he says but he's created a character that plays well with the lunatic right/conspiracy nuts etc and I'm sure he's done very well for himself out of it.

What you are watching is a performance of course. I suspect Trump probably admires him on some level because he knows a good bullshit artist and salesman when he sees one.

He admitted as much in his child custody case a few weeks ago.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 18:21

ahhh but he would say that, would't he?

Etc
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 May 2017, 18:24

Actually, I think maybe it was his lawyer who said it and portrayed him as a performance artist ... don't recall what Jones actually said.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 May 2017, 19:06

Charlie O. wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:It was the Republicans who actually forced Nixon to go

Not strictly true. There were a LOT of Republicans who continued to fight against impeachment, right up until the so-called "smoking gun" tape emerged - days before the resignation. It's true that Republican support for impeachment was necessary, but it came only once the hardest possible evidence was staring them in the face.

Not even then, for some!

Rick Perlstein wrote:Rep. Earl Landgrebe of Indiana went on the Today show on August 8, 1974, and said, “I’m sticking with my president even if he and I have to be carried out of this building and shot.” Incredulous, the NBC interviewer asked him about the just-revealed smoking gun tape, which demonstrated that Nixon had been lying about his participation in the coverup for almost twenty-six months: this was a fact. “Don’t confuse me with the facts,” Landgrebe infamously retorted. Hours later, Nixon resigned; and those words became the only thing for which anyone remembers Langrebe.

https://thebaffler.com/latest/im-sticki ... -president
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 May 2017, 19:18

Still Baron wrote:Here's something about Wall Street's pessimism about tax "reform," given the instability of the White House.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... eet-238474

Consider this: leaving aside Trump's unpredictability, we may be better off with him than a president Pence because Pence may actually be able to do the things Trump would like to do (in the arenas of gutting the Dep't of Education, the NEA, etc., tax cuts for the rich, stewardship for a comprehensive dismemberment of the ACA and so forth), but can't as a) he's completely incompetent and b) the whole apparatus of Congress is basically too busy attempting to make sense of Trump's daily catastrophic fuck-ups to do anything else.

I mean, imagine if the GOP had, as by rights it should, a well-oiled machine right now.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 18 May 2017, 01:28

Putin is openly trolling Trump now

Russian president Vladimir Putin has offered Congress a transcript of Donald Trump’s Oval Office meeting with Russian officials as proof that Trump did not reveal any intelligence. It was not immediately clear how Putin would have such a transcript available.

Earlier this morning Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff called Putin “Probably the last person [Trump] needs to vouch for him right now”.

A few moments ago in the White House, MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell asked secretary of state Rex Tillerson if the offer indicated that that Russians had wiretaps or bugs in the Oval Office, to which Tillerson replied “I would have no way to know that”, and left the room without answering any additional questions.

:lol:

From the Guardian daily Live Blog of the US Clown Car Crash.
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 May 2017, 02:11

So Jimbo...where is this "McCarthyism redux" in our society?

Has anyone here been asked to name names?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 May 2017, 03:32

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:So Jimbo...where is this "McCarthyism redux" in our society?

I'd say this neo-McCarthyism has more to do with this reflex, especially by HRC supporters and the MSM, to blame Russia for supposedly hacking the DNC computers and slipping to Wikileaks the incriminating evidence that the scales were tipped toward Hillary when the DNC is required by its charter to be neutral.

Meanwhile …. Seth Rich. I hadn't brought up his mysterious murder because it was too conspiratorial even for me. But now new evidence that it was Rich who slipped the emails to Wikileaks is all over my internet.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 May 2017, 04:52

Jimbo wrote:Meanwhile …. Seth Rich. I hadn't brought up his mysterious murder because it was too conspiratorial even for me. But now new evidence that it was Rich who slipped the emails to Wikileaks is all over my internet.

Well that's true then.

There you go - easy isn't it?
Cocaine

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 May 2017, 06:24

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:So Jimbo...where is this "McCarthyism redux" in our society?

I'd say this neo-McCarthyism has more to do with this reflex, especially by HRC supporters and the MSM, to blame Russia for supposedly hacking the DNC computers and slipping to Wikileaks the incriminating evidence that the scales were tipped toward Hillary when the DNC is required by its charter to be neutral.

What reflex? Nobody blamed Russia out of reflex. They blamed Russia because the intelligence implicated Russia.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Postby ... » 18 May 2017, 08:01

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

What reflex? Nobody blamed Russia out of reflex. They blamed Russia because the intelligence implicated Russia.

I thought the whole thing about McCarthyism (the original version anyway) was that you didn't name names, merely made up numbers to suit the occasion.

Am I the only person here who finds Jimbo's co-opting and rather scattershot use of the term "neo-McCarthyism" to be not so very far away from Tailgunner Joe's own brand of empty rhetoric back in the early 50s?

Postby ... » 18 May 2017, 08:05

Jimbo wrote:
Meanwhile …. Seth Rich. I hadn't brought up his mysterious murder because it was too conspiratorial even for me. But now new evidence that it was Rich who slipped the emails to Wikileaks is all over my internet.

First came the worrying trend of referring to himself in the third person.

Then there were last week's dark, Paul Burrell-like murmurings about "my sources"

Now it seems he has his acquired his own internet. Respect!

Modesty Forbids

Postby Modesty Forbids » 18 May 2017, 12:33

once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end, and each day dies with sleep

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 18 May 2017, 12:40

I still think he'll cut and run - the Presidency is less important than saving his own hide. He'll find a way to save face, leave office and he'll be back to criticising from outside before you can say "Fox & Friends"

He might even attempt to blackmail a new administration by threatening to divulge secrets

Return to “Nextdoorland”