Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
bobzilla77

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby bobzilla77 » 16 May 2017, 22:18

maybe Trump worried that Comey would come out with half-cocked pronouncements to besmirch Trump.

Like that line about how "hundreds and thousands" of Hillary's emails got forward to Weiner when it was actually "a handful"? Trump hates that stuff.

You really need to ask yourself why you are a full time apologist for this motherfucker.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 May 2017, 22:53

Comey just said he has a memo saying that TRUMP told him to lay off Flynn. Too bad Coney wrote the memo but I'm sure all the usual heads will be exploding by this time tomorrow.
uggy poopy doody.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 May 2017, 22:58

Tactful Cactus wrote:
Still Baron wrote:Less than a week! I think we're there now. I'm not convinced Trump has committed a "crime," but, as the Lawfare piece suggests, violated his oath of office. It's certainly good enough for me for them to take a shot now.

I hope you're right. From an outsider point of view this latest incident seems like carelessness, naivety, lack of experience, bragging and the oath (at least the bits quoted by your link) are ambiguous. The firing of Comey seems alot more willfully disruptive and lawless but then you said yourself last week it wouldn't be enough to stick. Hopefully this is.

And can the media of the world stop calling them bombshells? We need a new word because as dangerous as it may be its completely predictable and in keeping with the mans personality. This is Trump, why wouldn't he boast about having better intel than Russia?

The NY Times reports a moderately compelling (but not really usable) reason:

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

:lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/w ... .html?_r=0
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 16 May 2017, 23:10

I saw that! He's too stupid to commit an actual crime!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 May 2017, 01:26

some interesting claims about the details of the intelligence DJT spilled the beans on.
http://www.debka.com/article/26057/Trum ... -to-Lavrov
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 May 2017, 03:09

bobzilla77 wrote: You really need to ask yourself why you are a full time apologist for this motherfucker.

Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm a full time apologist but I do find myself defending the guy from time to time. And I think that's because I see Trump as Chauncey Gardner, an everyman character, as myself, not smart but lucky and just a another shmuck. His name, Trump, like Chance the gardner's indicates how with the flip of a card he got what he has, even his daddy's wealth. He isn't ideological. He thinks handshakes are how deals are made. He stumbled his way into the presidency. All the pundits said he wasn't serious, that he'll get beaten by JEB! right off the bat and then when he was nominated they said he'd quit when he saw he'd actually have to work hard. His strategy couldn't have been simpler, just stand up and speak your mind, oh, and mock your opponents. "Crooked Hillary" was inspired! He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet. He, along with many millions, is an Alex Jones fan. Right there are millions of votes. Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting Jones? He thought peace with Russia was a good idea. Who, even smart folk, knew it wasn't?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 May 2017, 03:22

There's a commercial.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 May 2017, 03:52

Jimbo wrote:He, along with many millions, is an Alex Jones fan. Right there are millions of votes. Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting Jones?

Please, please, please tell me you're joking.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 May 2017, 03:59

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 May 2017, 04:36

Jimbo wrote: He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 May 2017, 05:13

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote: He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet.

And from where in 2017 do you get ideas?

I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events derived perhaps from MSNBC or NYT or Stephen Colbert. Not that Jones isn't a freak but that's an act. Jones is also a patriot who's been asking questions and seeking answers to the most vexing of America's woes, especially how we get wrapped up in so many wars with our own government spying on us. Jones was hip to the Snowdon shit way before Snowdon. The conspiracies, 9/11, Boston, Sandy Hook, go ahead and take Stephen Colbert's take on them but DON'T go to sites where millions of us are convinced that the official stories are fake news. DON'T GO TO THOSE SITES! YOUR MIND IS TOO WEAK TO WITHSTAND THE BARRAGE OF TRUTH. YOU WILL SUCCUMB AND THINK DIFFERENTLY. SKEPTICISM IS TREASON.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 May 2017, 06:03

I'll probably start typing in all caps like a maniac too.

Postby ... » 17 May 2017, 08:04

Jimbo wrote:
Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm a full time apologist but I do find myself defending the guy from time to time.

Actually you defend him on an almost daily basis.

Jimbo wrote:
His strategy couldn't have been simpler, just stand up and speak your mind, oh, and mock your opponents. "Crooked Hillary" was inspired!

Only in your warped idea of the world could calling someone names be described as being "Inspired".

Jimbo wrote:
He, like me, gets most of his ideas from the internet.

II thought Trump got most of his ideas off Fox News and you got your ideas from those mysterious "sources" you were banging on about last week.

Jimbo wrote:
He, along with many millions, is an Alex Jones fan. Right there are millions of votes. Why hadn't JEB or Hillary thought of courting Jones? He thought peace with Russia was a good idea. Who, even smart folk, knew it wasn't?

Leaving aside all the piss-taking of JImbo's delusions of adequacy above, the final sentence of his post is as convincing an argument as any as to why the orange-faced and bouffant-haired buffoon now has his finger on the nuclear trigger.

Collective gullibility and a determination to show those "smart folk" what's what.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 May 2017, 09:03

fueryIre wrote: Only in your warped idea of the world could calling someone names be described as being "Inspired".

As was Hillary's calling him Putin's puppet. Behold the wonders that's engendered! McCarthyism redux. :roll:
Question authority.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 17 May 2017, 10:11

We have his high profile foreign visits to look forward to next week, Saudi, Israel and the Vatican! He must be glad to escape, I'm sure in his world this visit will restore all confidence in him as a presidential President. He'll just have to make a deal with Muslims, Jews and Christians where they'll all play nice and he gets a 40% cut on tithings. Its not complicated! And wasn't Jared Michael Bluth meant to have fixed religion by now??

The New Yorker wrote:“What President Trump is seeking is to unite peoples of all faiths around a common vision of peace, progress, and prosperity,” the national-security adviser, H. R. McMaster, told reporters on Friday. A senior Administration official said that Trump’s goal is “making sure that the three faiths work together.” Good luck.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... um=website

Postby ... » 17 May 2017, 10:28

Jimbo wrote:
fueryIre wrote: Only in your warped idea of the world could calling someone names be described as being "Inspired".

As was Hillary's calling him Putin's puppet. Behold the wonders that's engendered! McCarthyism redux. :roll:

Sadly, Trump was using coarse demagogic tactics long before HRC called him a puppet. One suspects he will still be using them when his fat arse is hopefully carted off to jail on corruption or treason charges. Either that or one of the US's many gun-toting nutcases succumbs to the voices in his head and shoots him.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 17 May 2017, 11:08

What's the view on the economy right now in the US? I get the view that it's fairly bullish, but might be wrong.

I only say this because I have a worry that people in the main won't give a monkeys about anything else Trump does if the economy remains stable and grows to a certain extent.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 17 May 2017, 13:19

Thought this was funny when I heard it last night.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/13/bill-maher-blames-bill-clinton-for-comey-drama-let-s-put-the-blame-where-it-belongs

“I don’t think this is said enough. Bill Clinton… a lot of this is because of Bill Clinton,” said Maher. “The reason why Comey had to say what he did is because the attorney general had to recuse herself because he walked on her plane. Let’s not forget that. Bill Clinton, once again, fucked up his wife’s life. Absolutely. Absolutely.”
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 May 2017, 14:23

Toby wrote:What's the view on the economy right now in the US? I get the view that it's fairly bullish, but might be wrong.

I only say this because I have a worry that people in the main won't give a monkeys about anything else Trump does if the economy remains stable and grows to a certain extent.

The economy as it matters to Wall Street and the Captains of Industry continues to "improve," but the bedrock of his support in former industrial areas haven't seen any change, and I daresay they won't. His support is still relatively stable amongst his base, but we'll see how things go. His allies in Congress have to be unnerved, at best.
Last edited by BARON CORNY DOG on 17 May 2017, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 May 2017, 14:30

Tactful Cactus wrote:We have his high profile foreign visits to look forward to next week, Saudi, Israel and the Vatican! He must be glad to escape, I'm sure in his world this visit will restore all confidence in him as a presidential President. He'll just have to make a deal with Muslims, Jews and Christians where they'll all play nice and he gets a 40% cut on tithings. Its not complicated! And wasn't Jared Michael Bluth meant to have fixed religion by now??

The New Yorker wrote:“What President Trump is seeking is to unite peoples of all faiths around a common vision of peace, progress, and prosperity,” the national-security adviser, H. R. McMaster, told reporters on Friday. A senior Administration official said that Trump’s goal is “making sure that the three faiths work together.” Good luck.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... um=website

I'm not aware of a single time he's interacted with a foreign head of state where he hasn't committed some gaffe or faux pas or otherwise somehow completely bitched it up, so it should it be quite a train wreck!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Return to “Nextdoorland”