Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Apr 2017, 12:59

Predictably there's been no new footage released except for a brief shot of some trees but it's less than a month away now.

I never thought this would ever happen.

It has to be good, right?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

borofan

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby borofan » 25 Apr 2017, 17:18

I wouldn't bank on it. Lynch disappeared up his own fundament years ago.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Apr 2017, 17:35

I agree but I think that's a good place for him.
I thought "Firewalk with Me" was pretty unpleasant but, on the show, other people made major contributions.
I think it could go either way.
uggy poopy doody.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Apr 2017, 18:20

Fire Walk With Me was great, it just wasn't what people were looking for, that's all.

Mark Frost has co written it remember. I think I read a quote from Laura Dern saying that it's "very funny" which suggests it will be tonally more in keeping with the TV show than the movie.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 25 Apr 2017, 21:13

Goat Boy wrote:Fire Walk With Me was great, it just wasn't what people were looking for, that's all.

Mark Frost has co written it remember. I think I read a quote from Laura Dern saying that it's "very funny" which suggests it will be tonally more in keeping with the TV show than the movie.

I enjoyed FWWM.

I'm sure they'll pull it off.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 25 Apr 2017, 22:59

Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 26 Apr 2017, 10:54

borofan wrote:I wouldn't bank on it. Lynch disappeared up his own fundament years ago.

He's always been up his own fundament. David Lynch's fundament is a pretty interesting place, it seems.

He's always been hit and miss but there was rare magic in the original Twin Peaks: the first series, and some remarkable moments of the second. I think they've put a lot into this new one - look at that cast list! - and it can't be anything other than fascinating viewing, whether or not it strikes gold.

Aside from a handful of actors who have passed, it's also a shame Michael Ontkean isn't back.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Apr 2017, 11:38

Well, yeah. I like Lynch's fundament. I think it's a weird, magical place.

I don't think it's gonna go all Inland Empire on our arses.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Apr 2017, 11:39

PresMuffley wrote:Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.

It's something else and the performance by Sheryl Lee is great.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 26 Apr 2017, 12:24

PresMuffley wrote:Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.

Did you not like Mulholland drive?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

borofan

Postby borofan » 26 Apr 2017, 17:31

PENK wrote:
borofan wrote:I wouldn't bank on it. Lynch disappeared up his own fundament years ago.

He's always been up his own fundament.

Not as far up as he is now. I enjoyed Mulholland Drive, but he lost me after that.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 26 Apr 2017, 20:05

Don't be facetious. It doesn't become you.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 27 Apr 2017, 00:19

I don't know if it has to be good, but unlike a lot of remakes of old stuff, it has the potential to be good.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 28 Apr 2017, 02:59

The Great Defector wrote:

I liked it well enough when it came out and for several years after, but I'm just not all that interested in Lynch anymore. My favorite from him is Lost Highway.

There's a really excellent documentary called David Wants to Fly that delves into his participation in the Transcendental Meditation movement / cult - worth checking out if you're a fan.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 28 Apr 2017, 09:14

bobzilla77 wrote:I don't know if it has to be good, but unlike a lot of remakes of old stuff, it has the potential to be good.

I know, I'm just willing it on!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Apr 2017, 12:46

PresMuffley wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

I liked it well enough when it came out and for several years after, but I'm just not all that interested in Lynch anymore. My favorite from him is Lost Highway.

There's a really excellent documentary called David Wants to Fly that delves into his participation in the Transcendental Meditation movement / cult - worth checking out if you're a fan.

I loved lost highway, it's a great film.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Postby ... » 29 Apr 2017, 09:31

Goat Boy wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:I don't know if it has to be good, but unlike a lot of remakes of old stuff, it has the potential to be good.

I know, I'm just willing it on!

Sadly, like a lot of remakes, it has even more potential to be terrible (Given the dreadful reviews it received, last year's reboot of the X-FIles being would seem to be an excellent example)

joels344

Postby joels344 » 30 Apr 2017, 16:02

Definitely looking forward to it. Let's hope it lives up to the standards of the original and doesn't turn out like the second part of Season 2.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 05 May 2017, 08:35

fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 May 2017, 14:26

Guy in work about my age never heard of Twin peaks. I know it had a cult following, but still, he must have heard the name "twin peaks" at least. I was shocked.

Return to “Screenadelica”