MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2017, 01:34

Six String wrote:It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?

You have my empathy. Moving on your own is the worst. You'll get through it! X
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Apr 2017, 22:40

Six String wrote:It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?

There's a place in Eugene with your name on it.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Apr 2017, 23:21

sloopjohnc wrote:

There's a place in Eugene with your name on it.

If it's still available in a year I might be interested. Assuming I have forgotten about this move by then. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Apr 2017, 23:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:

You have my empathy. Moving on your own is the worst. You'll get through it! X

If I learned ne thing with this move it is, I'll never move this much stuff again. :lol:

Now that my gardening supplies are back with me I'm starting to do some planting and minor gardening tasks and ot feels good.
It's starting to feel a little like home already and that makes me happy. I am still really glad to be n the space I'm in. The location is really great, a good balance between being downtown with the hip and professional and a homey neighborhood. Having a microbrewery two blocks away that is opened seven days a week is a bonus.

Jesus, typing with an iPad is stupid.
Last edited by Six String on 01 May 2017, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 May 2017, 00:34

I've done that move 5 times in 7 years ... it's bloody swful and I certainly don;t want to do it again any time soon. You have my deepest sympathies my man.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 01 May 2017, 04:43

I went to a high-end estate sale today. There was a large library full of leather-bound books all in Swedish. The owners of the estate were not Swedes, so this was strange to me. Turns out books printed in Swedish are much cheaper than in many other languages and some rich people who want to appear to be well-read fill their library with them.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 May 2017, 04:47

Diamond Dog wrote:I've done that move 5 times in 7 years ... it's bloody swful and I certainly don;t want to do it again any time soon. You have my deepest sympathies my man.

Wow, my condolences to YOU my man. I've got some wine to drink over the next year and some music to sell.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 04 May 2017, 13:06

Congratulations on the move, Les! Glad you're getting settled ... Hanging pots and pans is definitely the dream!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 04 May 2017, 13:27

I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.

Also my day was properly made by a gang of storm troopers, Darth Vader, r2d2 and one of the sand people came to visit the wards today. I think they might have scared the children....but I loved it

Angshu's coming to visit today. I'm going to show him how the only Real curry is a Glaswedgian curry. And we're going to see Bob Dylan on Monday.

Everything's turning up Milhouse.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 04 May 2017, 14:25

This week as flew by, but Ireland actually has genuine Sunny days. No, I mean it, we do. It's hot without being to too hot, but I'm not gonna risk it with my Irish white skin. Factor 136 sun tan lotion.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 04 May 2017, 15:28

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I got punched in the jaw and also like a spider had crawled down my throat and bitten me and then I had an uncontrollable coughing fit (I've been fighting a cold for a month now - everyone I know that's had it has had it for at least a month). The spiderbite sensation is gone but my jaw is still sore and I think it's finally time to go see a doctor but I'm fucking swamped at work right now and can't take any time away at all.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 04 May 2017, 15:34

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I got punched in the jaw and also like a spider had crawled down my throat and bitten me and then I had an uncontrollable coughing fit (I've been fighting a cold for a month now - everyone I know that's had it has had it for at least a month). The spiderbite sensation is gone but my jaw is still sore and I think it's finally time to go see a doctor but I'm fucking swamped at work right now and can't take any time away at all.

Maybe you were snoring and your better half gave you a quick elbow to the jaw, then pretended to be asleep.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 04 May 2017, 16:51

hippopotamus wrote:I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.

Also my day was properly made by a gang of storm troopers, Darth Vader, r2d2 and one of the sand people came to visit the wards today. I think they might have scared the children....but I loved it

Angshu's coming to visit today. I'm going to show him how the only Real curry is a Glaswedgian curry. And we're going to see Bob Dylan on Monday.

Where you going for the curry?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 04 May 2017, 17:07

Jeemo wrote:
hippopotamus wrote:I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.

Was going to go to mother India (irony of ironies)..better suggestion?
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 04 May 2017, 17:10

hippopotamus wrote:
Jeemo wrote:

Was going to go to mother India (irony of ironies)..better suggestion?

The Dhabba is my favourite. Mr Singhs is also very good. Years since I was in Mother India. Mr Singhs do fantastic haggis pakora.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 May 2017, 17:37

Baron's Mum came to watch my show on Saturday and she told me that the lyrics reminded her of a poem by James Dickey called 'Falling' - I was vaguely aware of his name but unaware of his poems. I went and read that poem, based on a true story of an airline stewardess getting pulled out of a plane by accident in the 1960s. It's one of the most wonderful and disturbing poems I have ever read.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 May 2017, 18:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:Baron's Mum came to watch my show on Saturday and she told me that the lyrics reminded her of a poem by James Dickey called 'Falling' - I was vaguely aware of his name but unaware of his poems. I went and read that poem, based on a true story of an airline stewardess getting pulled out of a plane by accident in the 1960s. It's one of the most wonderful and disturbing poems I have ever read.

Interesting. You probably know he wrote Deliverance by now and his first three or four collections of poetry are really good. You could also win a trivia contest by knowing that one of his collections namechecks Vince Lombardi, famed head coach of the Green Bay Packers.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 May 2017, 18:22

Oooooh!

Dr Markus wrote:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 May 2017, 18:34

Minnie the Minx wrote:Oooooh!

I know, huh?

If only the term renaissance man applied to those who know poetry collections titled after NFL football coaches, obscure power pop, NBA all-time scoring leaders (St. Louis Hawks' Bob Petit, first player to reach 10,000 points, by the way) and how long it takes to nuke frozen corn dogs, I'd be in the Mt. Rushmore of those guys.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 05 May 2017, 21:06

Just been informed that I'm going to be playing a drum solo at our show next Saturday.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Return to “Nextdoorland”