MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Apr 2017, 16:46

This really brainless woman I work with is talking about the possibility of ISIS bombing the C&W concert she's going to at the Fillmore on Tuesday.

I IM'd a co-worker with, "I'd pay ISIS to take her out." I can tell she just got the IM because she busted out laughing for no reason except she can hear the woman talking too.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Apr 2017, 23:28

How bad do you think the bear wants to eat these kids?

Last edited by sloopjohnc on 22 Apr 2017, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Apr 2017, 16:26

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Apr 2017, 21:33

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Here's a nice article on my friend, comic book writer Jeff Lemire, in which he mentions our hockey team. I had no idea we were 'famed'!:

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/arts/books-and-media/the-all-star-with-roughneck-jeff-lemire-shows-why-hes-one-of-canadas-beststorytellers/article34773902/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

Nice mention.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Apr 2017, 14:28

Started calorie counting my food in an effort to lose weight. I have my daily total divided in to 3 meals a day. Just and hour and 33 minutes to go until my next meal, no problem, not even thinking about food.

If any of youse are eating can you give a detailed description of what it tastes or smells like? LEAVE NOTHING OUT!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Apr 2017, 15:31

I still have IT! On the way home from teaching a company lesson I got off in Shinjuku to buy a disc or two at Disc Union and after that I found myself at Dubliners where I thought I'd have their fish and chips for dinner. (They're the best! Crispy golden fried cod fillets and fat chips with a cup of tarter sauce for dipping. A pint of ice cold Guinness to wash it down. Yummy!) At the bar there were two free stools. I could have sat next to these three college aged white guys or next to next to a Japanese woman sitting alone. I chose the seat next to the woman. And was she cute! Seriously pretty. Her English was pretty bad but with my even worse Japanese we managed to have a conversation. She was a medical college student studying ER medicine. Her father and brother are doctors. She studied piano for nine years. (Classy too.) I offered to split my fish and chips with her and she accepted. Meanwhile I was also kibitzing with the three guys who were Aussies on holiday. After the fish was gone she said she had to go and I was ready to go too so i said shall we leave together and she said okay. The Aussie guys looked at us leaving and I gave them a wink like I was some kind of playboy. Outside she said it was fun and asked if I'd be coming back to the bar. No way would i pursue this. I'm of course happily married and 65 years old but I'm pretty sure I could have fallen for her - and she for me???? Nice to feel my flirt oats for a change. :D
Question authority.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Apr 2017, 16:22

Jimbo wrote:I still have IT! On the way home from teaching a company lesson I got off in Shinjuku to buy a disc or two at Disc Union and after that I found myself at Dubliners where I thought I'd have their fish and chips for dinner. (They're the best! Crispy golden fried cod fillets and fat chips with a cup of tarter sauce for dipping. A pint of ice cold Guinness to wash it down. Yummy!) At the bar there were two free stools. I could have sat next to these three college aged white guys or next to next to a Japanese woman sitting alone. I chose the seat next to the woman. And was she cute! Seriously pretty. Her English was pretty bad but with my even worse Japanese we managed to have a conversation. She was a medical college student studying ER medicine. Her father and brother are doctors. She studied piano for nine years. (Classy too.) I offered to split my fish and chips with her and she accepted. Meanwhile I was also kibitzing with the three guys who were Aussies on holiday. After the fish was gone she said she had to go and I was ready to go too so i said shall we leave together and she said okay. The Aussie guys looked at us leaving and I gave them a wink like I was some kind of playboy. Outside she said it was fun and asked if I'd be coming back to the bar. No way would i pursue this. I'm of course happily married and 65 years old but I'm pretty sure I could have fallen for her - and she for me???? Nice to feel my flirt oats for a change. :D

I think we should wait until we get her version of events.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Apr 2017, 17:59

In a move that should delight Sloop, I've cut the collars and arms off various band t-shirts that I rarely wear as I hate the tightness round the neck and arms and they all look LUSH. I can start wearing my Orgasm Addict t shirt to work now - I am 'super stoked'
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Apr 2017, 18:23

Minnie the Minx wrote:In a move that should delight Sloop, I've cut the collars and arms off various band t-shirts that I rarely wear as I hate the tightness round the neck and arms and they all look LUSH. I can start wearing my Orgasm Addict t shirt to work now - I am 'super stoked'

You will find a new freedom in your fashionizing.

Yesterday, my son and I were taking his dog for a walk. In a nearby condo complex, there's a little dog park in back where dogs can do their business. It has two signs saying keep your dog on a leash. When we walked over there, there was a 30ish woman sitting on a bench, texting. Her dog was unleashed and bolted towards our dog - he was twice as big as Nikko, my son's dog. I couldn't tell if he was friendly or not, even when he came up to us. The young woman ran up to us and told me to keep our dog still so she could attach the leash, because I was trying to stay between hers and ours. I lost it and yelled, "Can't you see the signs? If you'd get off your phone and pay attention to your dog, this wouldn't happen. What if it were small child?"

I huffed off and yelled, "Fucking millennial," loud enough for her to hear.

Back at my ex's condo, I told her the story and she said, "It must've been nice having an excuse to yell at a millennial though."

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Apr 2017, 18:29

I think I might be getting a promotion soon. Fingers crossed.
I run out of talent

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Apr 2017, 18:34

WG Kaspar wrote:I think I might be getting a promotion soon. Fingers crossed.

Ooooooh!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Apr 2017, 21:47

WG Kaspar wrote:I think I might be getting a promotion soon. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations! Hopefully it means a big pay rise too. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Apr 2017, 22:11

I was looking for local chili cook offs because they usually start happening this time of year and noticed there's a UK Chili Cook Off Assoc.

http://ukchillicookoff.co.uk/

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Apr 2017, 18:17

I pick up my son and take him to school. A couple blocks away from school, we got stuck at a train crossing while a freight train ran by. My son got all pissed off at me, like I could help the train coming because he worried he'd be late.

I pointed at kids on the sidewalk waiting for the train to pass and told him, "Tomorrow that could be you walking to school if you don't knock it off."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Apr 2017, 19:19

I am applying for some jobs in Oregon sooner than I thought. There's a communication director job at the University of Oregon's school of journalism and I actually graduated from the school of journalism at a university that has a pretty noted program.

Also, a marketing manager position at a company that creates retail environments inside stores - kinda boutiques inside bigger stores and I have lots of retail packaging experience that might help.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 26 Apr 2017, 20:14

sloopjohnc wrote:I am applying for some jobs in Oregon sooner than I thought. There's a communication director job at the University of Oregon's school of journalism and I actually graduated from the school of journalism at a university that has a pretty noted program.

Also, a marketing manager position at a company that creates retail environments inside stores - kinda boutiques inside bigger stores and I have lots of retail packaging experience that might help.

Don't mention being a state fan after that sweep.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Apr 2017, 21:03

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 26 Apr 2017, 21:15

sloopjohnc wrote:My place in Oregon is for rent: https://chinookproperties.appfolio.com/ ... da6073326d

Phwoooar!! I love what you've done with the place!

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Apr 2017, 21:18

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:My place in Oregon is for rent: https://chinookproperties.appfolio.com/ ... da6073326d

Phwoooar!! I love what you've done with the place!

:lol:

You should have seen it before.

I actually authorized my property managers to get a clothes washer and dryer. They advertised hook ups, but who moves with a washer and dryer these days?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Apr 2017, 14:38

If I hear my brother mention "taxes," one more time regarding my dad's estate, shoot me.

Return to “Nextdoorland”