The Leftovers

..and why not?
Dr Markus

The Leftovers

Postby Dr Markus » 02 Dec 2015, 20:12

Don't care if they're not true to the books or if they books are better. As a tv series in its own right, i fucking love the leftovers. I have somewhat of a non-concrete clue what is going on. Fucking love it. Liv tyler as a bad person like she’s playing? I never rated her but I have to doth my hat, she’s playing a blinder.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

pcqgod

Re: The Leftovers

Postby pcqgod » 03 Dec 2015, 16:33

I love 'The Leftovers.' Such intense psychological drama. What they did with Liv's character this season caught me off guard, but it's added a new level of intensity to the show. Man, I hope HBO renews it so we can find out what's going on with Kevin's dad in Australia. I visited Lockhart ("Jarden") several weeks ago and a shopkeeper there told me that she had cast members in and out of her store and that someone had told her that they hope to shoot season 3 there as well.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Dec 2015, 19:55

I just heard a radio interview with the creators - the novelist and the guy who also created Lost. It helped give me an idea of what's happening and the ideas of the creators.

That writ, I've tried to watch it and can't get into it at all.

I like the Iris Dement theme song though.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Dec 2015, 00:14

Season finale tonight. Can't wait!

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 10 Dec 2015, 04:08

Well, I didn't expect to see Justin Theroux singing "Homeward Bound."

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Dec 2015, 00:10

Probably largely on the basis of rave reviews for season 2 (although snubbed by the Golden Globes), HBO renews "The Leftovers" for a third and final season. That's kind of okay for me -- couldn't have seen them keeping up the tension if it had continued for much longer.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Dec 2015, 18:14

pcqgod wrote:Well, I didn't expect to see Justin Theroux singing "Homeward Bound."

That was a bit of a let down to me. The show was so fucked up, him singing wasn't mindfucking enough. :lol:

Sad to hear it's only going for 3 seasons , even though that's standard so they can make a bit of money.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Dec 2015, 18:31

Dr Markus wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Well, I didn't expect to see Justin Theroux singing "Homeward Bound."

That was a bit of a let down to me. The show was so fucked up, him singing wasn't mindfucking enough. :lol:

Not to mention how bad his singing was.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Dec 2015, 19:02

Tough crowd.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 17 Apr 2017, 15:55

Season opener was exactly what I expected and hoped for; everything confused and thrown off kilter, with answers to our questions no doubt to be slowly revealed over the course of the season. That's what makes the show so satisfying even though it will never answer the big question as to the cause of the Sudden Departure.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 13:30

pcqgod wrote:Season opener was exactly what I expected and hoped for; everything confused and thrown off kilter, with answers to our questions no doubt to be slowly revealed over the course of the season. That's what makes the show so satisfying even though it will never answer the big question as to the cause of the Sudden Departure.

Suggested possible spoiler - most likely 100% wrong.

It hit me last night that maybe they're the disappeared, and that Guilty Remnant are aware of this and trying to fight their way back from where ever they are. Of course it could just be another lost, and they're all dead. :?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 18 Apr 2017, 14:51

I'm about 99.99% sure that theory is completely wrong.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 14:56

So's your face! :(

:P

Ghost of Harry Smith

Postby Ghost of Harry Smith » 21 Apr 2017, 06:24

I just came here to say I really dig this show and now I'm doing a runner so I don't hear season 3 spoilers...I won't get to see that one for awhile.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 Apr 2017, 15:44

OMG, that opening credit sequence in Episode 3.2.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Apr 2017, 16:25

pcqgod wrote:OMG, that opening credit sequence in Episode 3.2.

SPOILER!!!!!!! C'MON MAN, we know it's class now when we mightn't have expected it. Ruined, no point watching season 3 now. :roll:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 Apr 2017, 17:38

Relax. No actual story spoiler.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Apr 2017, 17:43

Yeah, just imitating people that go over board on non spoilers as if everything is ruined.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 08 May 2017, 19:10

I love how, especially in this season, they are making all the lead characters look like complete nut-jobs.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Jul 2017, 12:51

The 3rd series seems a bit forced and hurried than usual. Still good though.

Return to “Screenadelica”