Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
hippopotamus

Re: Weird dreams

Postby hippopotamus » 02 Feb 2017, 23:19

The other day I had a Dream that I got two tickets for John Coan and I to go to an Outfee gig. I commented that they should have hired him to do their posters and merchandise. He said he'd been sending them samples for years and they always rejected them, but still he'd keep on trying.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 10 Mar 2017, 17:55

Last night: I was in a grocery store shopping and Dan Rather turns up. Turns out he is retiring and moving to my hometown. For some reason he is there trying to take care of a delinquent electricity bill from the former owners of the house he bought. He is having vegetables he bought chopped into tiny pieces as they roll down the conveyor belt at the checkout. He is prodding some deli meats my girlfriend got and saying how good it looks.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Mar 2017, 18:19

pcqgod wrote:Last night: I was in a grocery store shopping and Dan Rather turns up. Turns out he is retiring and moving to my hometown. For some reason he is there trying to take care of a delinquent electricity bill from the former owners of the house he bought. He is having vegetables he bought chopped into tiny pieces as they roll down the conveyor belt at the checkout. He is prodding some deli meats my girlfriend got and saying how good it looks.

Just like Rather - trying to sponge free deli meat off some schmo.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Mar 2017, 22:26

Had another singing dream where I made up a song. A slow reggae ditty.

I just don't want to stand here no more
My feets are tired from standing on the floor

(Bridge)

Da-da-da.- Da-da-ta tadada my girl (my girl)
Da-da-da.- Da-ta tadada your girl (your girl)

My feets are tired from standing on the floor

I was shopping in a big California supermarket. I just wanted a few things but the cashiers were impossibly backed up with customers and their overloaded shopping carts. Fatigued and disgusted I lay my head on my hands on the handle of my cart and began singing this song. And when I sang the "my girl - your girl" bit the other store customers repeated the words. When I got to the end of the song people, strangers, clapped. I went out to my car in the parking lot where my wife was waiting and I told her a bunch of people applauded for me in the store. "Oh oh, what did you do?" I told her I sang that song. Then my cell phone buzzed and out came my tinny voice singing the song. It was my friend from the CIA and he had somehow recorded me. He then laughed and hung up.

In part two of the dream my wife and I went to a California all you can eat restaurant and customers were eating hubcap sized baskets of lovely but huge fried potatoes. My wife and I looked at each other in disbelief at the portions and the fat Americans actually eating it.
Question authority.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 30 Mar 2017, 01:38

Your weird dreams
Don'€™t impress in any way
In dreams
Weird things are mundane and everyday
Strange to me would be
Buying a loaf
And coming straight home
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Apr 2017, 15:53

I'm with Davey The Fat Boy in a used record store. He's excited about scoring a giant poster - maybe 4 feet x 8 feet - of the Moody Blues A Question Of Balance album cover. It's impressive. Then the store clerk hips us to a vintage Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass LP box(ed) set of foreign origin which has a lot of cuts Davey and I haven't heard before - unreleased songs and alternate versions of old favorites - and we put one of the records on the stereo and sit on the store's couch listening and commenting.

(IRL, I've never met DTFB, and I don't normally associate him with Moody Blues or Tijuana Brass fandom. Not sure where this one came from.)

Last edited by Charlie O. on 17 Apr 2017, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Apr 2017, 17:00

Charlie O. wrote:I'm with Davey The Fat Boy

You could've stopped there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Apr 2017, 17:14

Last night I had some very convoluted, long dreams. One part of a dream was that Baron and I were in Oklahoma City and had gone to a Thunder game. We were in Oklahoma City's airport and we were going to San Antonio to see the Spurs play. I bought a newspaper and for some reason they had free weekly newspapers from Austin, TX, and Baron was taking stacks of them, passing them out to people in the terminal, trying to get people to move to Austin.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 25 Apr 2017, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Apr 2017, 22:01

When I was a teenager I used to have a recurring dream where I'm walking through a rocky riverbed and poisonous snakes are trying to strike at me. Sometimes I try to escape them by reaching for a vine to pull me away and, you guessed it, the vine turns out to be a snake. The weird thing is, I never get bit. The other thing is I have no fear of snakes generally speaking. I respect them and keep my distance most of the time but me and a friend used to spend our days looking for snakes, lizards, etc. for fun. Maybe that's why I never got bit in my dreams. The recurrence of the dream went on for a few years and then stopped. I rarely remember dreams these days.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 25 Apr 2017, 00:35

Charlie O. wrote:a giant poster - maybe 4 feet x 8 feet - of the Moody Blues A Question Of Balance album cover. It's impressive.

I want!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 25 Apr 2017, 03:44

About a week ago: I'm driving and there is a traffic tie-up at a bridge. I get out of my car and shrink my car so I'm carrying it in a little bag and plunge ahead. Everyone is on foot and crowding in front of me, which annoys me. I notice that the bag with my car is shaking, which makes me think that it is about to blow up to full size, a thought which amuses me. I emerge from the tie up into a what looks like a store front. A person at a desk is stopping people and asking for some kind of papers or i.d. but they let me pass through. Outside is an intersection in Austin, where several of the numbered streets seem to intersect like spokes from a wheel. None of the numbering seems to make sense. There's 2 1/2 street and then 4th street next, etc. I look for 6th street, because I figure that I can find my way to wherever I'm going from there.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 30 May 2017, 19:06

In one part of the dream I'm walking across a common area in a school where young men are throwing a ball or frisbee while running around. I'm not part of the game, but the thing comes to me and floats like a frisbee and I catch it. Turns out it is a hat. I take some running steps so as not to spoil the game and throw it, but it careens and gets stuck in a tree.

Later, I'm walking along a street through the University of Texas, and I come across a reunion performance by the punk band The Big Boys, except they are all Hispanic and the show is being filmed for a documentary on punk rock and/or Hispanic culture. I take out my phone to check the time but I can't get my phone to work. Then I realize that it's not my phone and that I must have switched phones with my friend who manages Dolly Parton that I had been talking to earlier. I realize it's actually Dolly Parton's phone, and I excitedly show it to a guy sitting next to me: "Hey! this is Dolly Parton's phone!" Then as the show starts they play a filmed performance of an old mariachi band who play a song with a chorus that translated goes "the fucking time."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 May 2017, 19:07

Your racing night- brain is almost as bizarre as mine!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Jul 2017, 21:18

bobzilla's thread about the grunge musical reminded me that a couple of nights ago I dreamed I called Kurt Cobain on the phone. He was still alive, obviously. I called, he answered and I recognized his voice. I introduced myself and told him I was sorry to bug him, but there was something I really wanted to ask him. He said, warily, "well, I'm really not feeling well" - which I understood to mean that he was junk-sick - and in that moment I realized that I had forgotten what it was that I had called to ask him. So I told him so, and apologized for being such a dope - and he immediately seemed to warm to me a bit. Then I remembered the question - which I don't quite remember now, but it was something to do with a particular demo on the Montage Of Heck soundtrack album. (IRL, I've never listened to the soundtrack, nor have I seen the film.) He seemed happy to talk about the demo, and we proceeded to have a brief but pleasant and occasionally amusing chat.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jul 2017, 21:16

I had a lot of weird dreams last night, but one was where I was at a battle with civil war soldiers and after they died we had to bury them in caskets. After laying the caskets down, a carpet was laid down which was sod and turned into grass and I slept on top of it. In the middle of the night, I discovered it was a walled fortress and vampires were trying to get in and we're hanging off the edge of the fortress waiting for anyone dumb enough to try and climb down the wall of the fortress to the woods below and hunt for food. As long as you were in/on the fortress, the vampires couldn't get you.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 18 Jul 2017, 21:20

I had a dream where my Internet enjoyment wasn't ruined by Bay Area nobends. Sadly the truth is somewhat different.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jul 2017, 21:23

Jumper K wrote:I had a dream where my Internet enjoyment wasn't ruined by Bay Area nobends. Sadly the truth is somewhat different.

:lol:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 16 Aug 2017, 15:37

I had an eclipse dream last night, which seems strange to me because I haven't really given it much thought. In the dream I was inside my dream house/apartment and I saw that the eclipse was starting because I saw a reflected image of the sun through the door. I went outside and looked at it directly, even though I knew I shouldn't for a moment, then the sun was covered in clouds. Someone set off some fireworks, and I realized that this was going to be a big community event. I started wandering around and entered some nearby office, carrying a small boombox playing Pink Floyd and set it down somewhere. People started gathering outside and even inside the office until it was a huge crowd of people packed in like sardines. I went outside again when I realized that totality had been reached. I looked up and saw the full eclipse with corona, then it disappeared and was replaced by a three dimensional hologram of a large castle-like building. I realized that I had missed the actual eclipse and had just seen a projected image of it. I wondered why I could still hear Pink Floyd playing everywhere I went even though I had left the little boombox inside the office (in reality I had fallen asleep listening to a live recording of Pink Floyd playing and was still hearing it in my sleep). I went back inside to retrieve my boombox, but couldn't remember where I left it. I went back outside, and the people in the office building had set up a table where they were selling plates of fried chicken. People anxious to get a plate scurried to line up at the table.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 14 Nov 2017, 17:08

My dream last night was like a science fiction movie or "Twilight Zone" episode. It was on a world where everyone has four eyes. A stranger approaches. A zoom in to his face, and it is a normal human being, apparently a visitor to this world. There is a piercing scream of terror as the inhabitants see the strange two-eyed alien approaching.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 14 Nov 2017, 17:46

Last night I actually had a dream about flossing my teeth. How fucking pathetic is that?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Return to “Nextdoorland”