Legion - is it any good?

..and why not?

Legion - is it any good?

Postby ... » 23 Apr 2017, 20:08

Seems to be getting marmite reviews on IMdB. Main lovers of the show tend to be Marvel Universe-type nerds while the show's detractors seem to be those who are critical because of the show;s deliberate obtuseness (a la Westward).

With my recorder in overdue need of a good declutter, should I watch, keep or delete?

algroth

Re: Legion - is it any good?

Postby algroth » 25 Apr 2017, 17:44

I think it's a watch, certainly, from what I've so far seen. It's incredibly cinematic, and just great fun to puzzle together. It's very creative and playful overall, pretty much X-Men as directed by Spike Jonze.

Postby ... » 30 Apr 2017, 09:33

Thanks, will spare it from my hard disk cull and hopefully give it a whirl later on

driftin

Postby driftin » 01 May 2017, 22:11

I really enjoyed it a lot and I say that as someone that's very apathetic about superhero stuff.

The fact that it's so impressionistic, confusing, and madcap is what I enjoyed the most about it. It's a really complex, convoluted puzzle which is also very technically impressive. If Charlie Kaufman adapted X-Men and gave it to David Lynch to direct it and then the editor from Upstream Color put it together, it'd be something like this.

Return to “Screenadelica”