NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
sloopjohnc

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Apr 2017, 17:11

The Great Defector wrote:Harden wanted out because he didn't want to come off the bench, or be 3rd or even 2nd fiddle.

I don't know about that. If you watch the ESPN feature on him, he still talks about the move. His mom and family still live in OKC, after he bought a house for them and they moved from LA. He still goes back in the offseason.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 17:14

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Harden wanted out because he didn't want to come off the bench, or be 3rd or even 2nd fiddle.

I don't know about that. If you watch the ESPN feature on him, he still talks about the move. His mom and family still live in OKC, after he bought a house for them and they moved from LA. He still goes back in the offseason.

Harden wouldn't be up for MVP or sitting on a 100 million Addias deal if he was still at OKC. He's wanted out.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 17:15

WG Kaspar wrote:That nobiody in the East is good enough to challenge the Cavs. Washington will be their toughest opponent

Fair enough, I don't think the wizards were do shit against Cavs.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 20 Apr 2017, 03:53

Say what you will about Harden making his teammates better, but it seemed clear to me tonight that Houston has a much better team. They got back in the game and took the lead with Harden on the bench. None of the starters for OKC stepped up to help Westbrook and their bench play is non-existent. The couple minutes he sat in the 3rd Houston went on a 7 - 0 run.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Apr 2017, 15:50

I watched the first half before I had to go to bed. I had to laugh at Harden, he was doing his usual flop on the way to the basket so half arsed he automatically expected the call. Beginning to feel sorry for Westbrook, had an epic night on the stat front, lost the game, and he's gonna probably get fined for saying fuck in the post game conference.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:38

PresMuffley wrote:Say what you will about Harden making his teammates better, but it seemed clear to me tonight that Houston has a much better team. They got back in the game and took the lead with Harden on the bench. None of the starters for OKC stepped up to help Westbrook and their bench play is non-existent. The couple minutes he sat in the 3rd Houston went on a 7 - 0 run.

Houston has a nice mix of guys who will do the dirty work and sharpshooters. Gordon, Anderson, Lou Williams, and Ariza supply the offense and Capela, Nene and Beverley do the dirty work, and Beverley supplying some offense really helps. Sam Dekker does a little of both. Williams and Nene were nice pick ups. I think they could do some damage in later rounds. Especially with some confidence if they sweep OKC or win in five.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:39

The Great Defector wrote:I watched the first half before I had to go to bed. I had to laugh at Harden, he was doing his usual flop on the way to the basket so half arsed he automatically expected the call. Beginning to feel sorry for Westbrook, had an epic night on the stat front, lost the game, and he's gonna probably get fined for saying fuck in the post game conference.

Choked in the fourth though.

Warriors win by 30 without KD. The game was over by the end of the first quarter.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 20 Apr 2017, 18:19

I don't think Westbrook choked. He looked tired. Can't hold that against him since he was playing 1 on 5 for most of the night.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 21 Apr 2017, 12:51

Oh my Bucks. Leading to the series I had Toronto in 6 but after the first 3 games I can't see how Toronto can win this. The Bucks have 6 players constantly contributing on the offense and are extremely tight defensively. Fun times.
I run out of talent

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Apr 2017, 13:03

I thought Kidd was an off court drama magnet and that that would affect his coaching and his team. Have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Apr 2017, 16:48

Rondo's out. One of the most over hyped players in the NBA in my opinion but I did see a maturity to him in this series. Gonna be a big loss.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Apr 2017, 19:07

PresMuffley wrote:I don't think Westbrook choked. He looked tired. Can't hold that against him since he was playing 1 on 5 for most of the night.

If he was tired, why did he shoot so much in the fourth? Granted, Oladipo, Adams, and even Roberson, have to help.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Apr 2017, 19:08

WG Kaspar wrote:Oh my Bucks. Leading to the series I had Toronto in 6 but after the first 3 games I can't see how Toronto can win this. The Bucks have 6 players constantly contributing on the offense and are extremely tight defensively. Fun times.

It will be fun to see Giannis and LeBron go at it in the next series.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 21 Apr 2017, 19:26

sloopjohnc wrote:
WG Kaspar wrote:Oh my Bucks. Leading to the series I had Toronto in 6 but after the first 3 games I can't see how Toronto can win this. The Bucks have 6 players constantly contributing on the offense and are extremely tight defensively. Fun times.

It will be fun to see Giannis and LeBron go at it in the next series.

There's lot of people talking about that now. I don't think it's going to be a contest but it'll be a good learning experience for the Bucks.
I run out of talent

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 22 Apr 2017, 01:15

sloopjohnc wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:I don't think Westbrook choked. He looked tired. Can't hold that against him since he was playing 1 on 5 for most of the night.

If he was tired, why did he shoot so much in the fourth?

Because he's RUSSELL FUCKING WESTBROOK!

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 22 Apr 2017, 01:19

The Great Defector wrote:Rondo's out. One of the most over hyped players in the NBA in my opinion but I did see a maturity to him in this series. Gonna be a big loss.

I dunno about Rondo being over-hyped, but he had a few great years with Boston and was instrumental in their championship - some brilliant playoff performances. He seems like one of those guys whose ego often gets in the way of success.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 23 Apr 2017, 01:11

I may have spoken too soon.
I run out of talent

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 23 Apr 2017, 15:08

As you know, this is when I start watching basketball. Kawhi Leonard had a sensational fourth quarter, single handedly forcing overtime. But it wasn't enough, sadly. The playoffs are about more than one game, of course. But I fear for the Spurs' broader chances if they couldn't win that one.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 23 Apr 2017, 17:37

I thought Memphis was toast once it went to OT. All the momentum was in favor of the Spurs, but they still found a way. Impressive win for sure.

Cavs looking to sweep later, OKC hoping to level the series, and L.A. trying to find a way without Griffin. Plus French elections to keep up with. Doubt I'll be getting much accomplished today.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 23 Apr 2017, 23:29

What a mess of a 4th quarter. Dumb coaching from Donovan. Roberson shoud've been taken out about 2 minutes earlier when it was clear Houston was going to intentionally foul. I'm not a fan of that tactic, but thems tha rules... Dumb foul from Grant on Nene. No call on the obvious offensive foul on Harden late, then a phantom foul called on OKC. Ridiculous all around.

Return to “Sporting Life”