Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 15 Apr 2017, 04:21

Nope...we'll never know for sure who is responsible. That's one of the costs of having your great Russian peacemaker and single-payer champion in office. Who the hell knows what basis he fires missiles on?

It's a great time to be Robert Parry though. You can sell conjecture all day with Trump in office.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 15 Apr 2017, 04:26

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Nope...we'll never know for sure who is responsible. That's one of the costs of having your great Russian peacemaker and single-payer champion in office. Who the hell knows what basis he fires missiles on?

It's a great time to be Robert Parry though. You can sell conjecture all day with Trump in office.

Right on cue! :lol:
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 15 Apr 2017, 04:38

How do you know Al Qaeda isn't posting for me?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Apr 2017, 23:00

What Russia-gate Has Wrought
April 16, 2017

Exclusive: For five months, there was a daily drumbeat on Russia-gate, the sprawling conspiracy theory that Russia had somehow put Donald Trump in the White House, but suddenly the “scandal” disappeared, notes Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

Democrats, liberals and some progressives might be feeling a little perplexed over what has happened to Russia-gate, the story that pounded Donald Trump every day since his election last November – until April 4, that is.

On April 4, Trump fully capitulated to the neoconservative bash-Russia narrative amid dubious claims about a chemical attack in Syria. On April 6, Trump fired off 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airbase; he also restored the neocon demand for “regime change” in Syria; and he alleged that Russia was possibly complicit in the supposed chemical attack.

Since Trump took those actions – in accordance with the neocon desires for more “regime change” in the Middle East and a costly New Cold War with Russia – Russia-gate has almost vanished from the news….
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/16/w ... s-wrought/
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Apr 2017, 15:44

So Parry's position is that we should all ignore the fact that our entire intelligence community has stated for the record that their findings do show Russian interference? We are also supposed to ignore the parade of Trump campaign officials who have been exposed as lying about their contact with Russia? Even the ones who have had to register as foreign agents?

Moreover...Parry argues that if we pay any attention to what our lying eyes see - then the incomprensibility of Trump's foreign policy instincts is on us? Does he imagine a normal foreign policy under Trump if we all just go along?

What an absolute load of horseshit!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Apr 2017, 18:07

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:So Parry's position is that we should all ignore the fact that our entire intelligence community has stated for the record that their findings do show Russian interference? We are also supposed to ignore the parade of Trump campaign officials who have been exposed as lying about their contact with Russia? Even the ones who have had to register as foreign agents?

Moreover...Parry argues that if we pay any attention to what our lying eyes see - then the incomprensibility of Trump's foreign policy instincts is on us? Does he imagine a normal foreign policy under Trump if we all just go along?

What an absolute load of horseshit!

I don't think anyone has forgotten Russia. I just think there has been other, more pressing news since then.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 17 Apr 2017, 19:48

sloopjohnc wrote:I don't think anyone has forgotten Russia. I just think there has been other, more pressing news since then.

yep. that and the fact that congress is in the middle of its two week spring break. the people doing the digging and the talking about will be back.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 17 Apr 2017, 20:04

Would that Jimbo or his hero were saying that we have more pressing matters. Instead they're saying there's nothing there. a) how the hell would they know? b) what exactly isn't getting the proper attention that's going instead to Russia? Trump has plenty of other ways to start WWIII beyond pissing off Putin, and he seems to be using them. :cry:
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 16:47

I wish someone in the intelligence community would come out publicly and just say "Russia fucked with our elections". Not pussy foot around with words like, shows signs of, suggests that, possibly did, etc. Then just produce concrete evidence.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2017, 18:40

then what?
I'm not sure it would make a lick of difference in how this is all playing out.

people who support him don't give a shit that he's a dick and they don't give a shit how he got elected. they and he don't give a shit what anybody else has to say about any of it. proof? yeah, I could go for some proof but I don't for a minute think it would change a goddam thing.
Last edited by Sneelock on 19 Apr 2017, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 18:48

sneelock wrote:then what?
I'm not sure it would make a lick of difference in how this is all playing out.

I agree that talking about smoking guns is a lot different than smelling the sulfur but, look at the "easter egg roll"
there is footage of The President of the United States signing the "keep America Great" hats of young supporters then laughing as he tosses them away from them. I can't believe that there's a way to watch that stuff without concluding the man is some kind of a dick.

people who support him don't give a shit that he's a dick and they don't give a shit how he got elected. they and he don't give a shit what anybody else has to say about any of it. proof? yeah, I could go for some proof but I don't for a minute think it would change a goddam thing.

It would make the anti trump supporters sound less like their throwing mud and hoping it sticks. I hate trump, he's a cunt, but I hate the way some people seem to think that bringing up his appearance (fake suntan etc) or rumors like he paid some Russian prostitute to piss on him as credible ways to attack him. Maher does this all the time, and it achieves nothing, it just makes maher and the rest that sound like him look childish.

Argue back with relevant stats on how he's fucking up or what he's gonna fuck up with a certain policy. To paraphrase Michelle Obama, take the high road.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2017, 19:27

suit yourself. I 'm not losing any sleep over any of that. All he has to do is drop a few bombs and everybody acts like the sun is shining out of his ass.
calling him a dick when he acts like one might make me look childish but what SHOULD you call a guy like that?
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 19:32

You can call him a dick, but give him concrete reasons why dropping the bomb was a mistake or like, if I understand this correctly, he should have had an interparlimentry vote on if he should drop the bomb or not. He didn't. Things like that.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2017, 19:34

are you serious?
he won't even state categorically that he knew they were dropping it.

I don't need to step in POO before I call it POO.
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 19:35

sneelock wrote:are you serious?
he won't even state categorically that he knew they were dropping it.

There's another thing you can use then..................

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2017, 19:37

people who tell other people what they need to do to be credible don't have a lot of credibility with me.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2017, 19:37

our punditocracy is full of 'em.
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 19:38

Grand so.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Apr 2017, 22:44

NYT Mocks Skepticism on Syria-Sarin Claims
April 18, 2017

Exclusive: The New York Times and other major media have ruled out any further skepticism toward the U.S. government’s claim that Syrian President Assad dropped a sarin bomb on a town in Idlib province, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

In the old days of journalism, we were taught that there were almost always two sides to a story, if not more sides than that. Indeed, part of the professional challenge of journalism was to sort out conflicting facts on a complicated topic. Often we found that the initial impression of a story was wrong once we understood the more nuanced reality.

Today, however, particularly on foreign policy issues, the major U.S. news outlets, such as The New York Times and The Washington Post, apparently believe there is only one side to a story, the one espoused by the U.S. government or more generically the Establishment.

Any other interpretation of a set of facts gets dismissed as “fringe” or “fake news” even if there are obvious holes in the official story and a lack of verifiable proof to support the mainstream groupthink. Very quickly, alternative explanations are cast aside while ridicule is heaped on those who disagree.

So, for instance, The New York Times will no longer allow any doubt to creep in about its certainty that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad intentionally dropped a sarin bomb on the remote rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province in northern Syria on April 4….

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/18/n ... in-claims/

And it pains me to see Bernie Sanders falling into the big MSM vat of bullshit only to come up with this statement on his website:

“In a world of vicious dictators, Syria’s Bashar Assad tops the list as a dictator who has killed hundreds of thousands of his own citizens to protect his own power and wealth. His regime’s use of chemical weapons against the men, women and children of his country, in violation of all international conventions and moral standards, makes him a war criminal."

Bernie Bernie Bernie.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Apr 2017, 23:00

Uh oh. Jimbo's off Bernie. It's gotten serious.

And you know better than him, I suppose? Where do you come upon this knowledge?
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Return to “Nextdoorland”