Best ever music program on UK TV

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

What are your three favourite ever music shows on UK TV?

Six-five special
0
No votes
Ready Steady Go
1
3%
Top of The Pops
10
25%
Lift off with Ayshea
0
No votes
Old Grey Whistle Test
11
28%
Revolver
1
3%
So it Goes
1
3%
Get It Together
1
3%
Marc
0
No votes
The Tube
10
25%
The Word
1
3%
Later with Jools Holland
4
10%
 
Total votes: 40

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 63893
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2017, 11:43

Even "Rapido" was better....
kewl klive wrote:Neil Young’s artistry is relatable, Bowie’s wasn’t.

Jack White wrote:"I sort of don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14037
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby kewl klive » 15 Apr 2017, 13:02

The TOTP repeats are incredible, each one recherching the auld temps perdu. I was very lucky to gain pop consciousness via TOTP during 78-82, New Wave, Disco, Ian Dury, Soul, 2 Tone, Madness, Adam, Weller, Dexys....

Watching it last night doubled-down on my good fortune, the audience on the stage with the groups, dancing. It's probably why I've never needed any dark or angsty music, my tastes were forged in this crucible of good fun.
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14078
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 15 Apr 2017, 13:25

Yeah, but
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14078
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 15 Apr 2017, 13:25

Kelly Marie
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14078
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 15 Apr 2017, 13:25

Dennis Waterman
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14078
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 15 Apr 2017, 13:26

Sheena Easton
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14037
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby kewl klive » 15 Apr 2017, 13:27

Yeah but Siobhan Fahey
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14037
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby kewl klive » 15 Apr 2017, 13:28

The charts have always been 50% shite, always. It's the good stuff that you should be treasuring.
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Bald and Boring Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14078
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 15 Apr 2017, 13:40

No, I know. I'm only messing, me old plum x

It was a golden time. I watched it last night and it was the boldness of the ideas that struck me. Big splashes of paint, gooning for the cameras, vocalists celebrating their idiosyncracies, taking risks with strange sounds. And this was stuff that was chartbound!
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22474
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Deebank » 15 Apr 2017, 14:03

DADDY-O wrote:No, I know. I'm only messing, me old plum x

It was a golden time. I watched it last night and it was the boldness of the ideas that struck me. Big splashes of paint, gooning for the cameras, vocalists celebrating their idiosyncracies, taking risks with strange sounds. And this was stuff that was chartbound!


I think elsewhere on BCB you attempted to ridicule me for making exactly this point.


Could have been someone else to be fair.

It was an incredibly fertile time for music.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Dr. E. PLATE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14078
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Dr. E. PLATE » 15 Apr 2017, 16:39

Deebank wrote:
DADDY-O wrote:No, I know. I'm only messing, me old plum x

It was a golden time. I watched it last night and it was the boldness of the ideas that struck me. Big splashes of paint, gooning for the cameras, vocalists celebrating their idiosyncracies, taking risks with strange sounds. And this was stuff that was chartbound!


I think elsewhere on BCB you attempted to ridicule me for making exactly this point.



I attempt to ridicule you - and your clown brother - at every turn.

You give me lots of ammunition, too, 'to be fair'
GoogaMooga wrote:i am steeped in music history, my friend

User avatar
Canis lupus
Posts: 1437
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 19:38
Location: Tickhill

Re: Best ever music program on UK TV

Postby Canis lupus » 15 Apr 2017, 21:02