50th anniversary Sgt Pepper - 1, 2 and multi-disc deluxe box set

Do talk back
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: 50th anniversary Sergeant Peppers to "reinstate" Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane

Postby clive gash » 05 Apr 2017, 09:01

Not that arsed about the DVD content but this is a must for me. When "Revolution in the Head" came out, with Macs Pepper-pinnacle viewpoint, I sneered a little (ha! what about the White Album you div!), now I fall in line.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Rayge

Re: 50th anniversary Sergeant Peppers to "reinstate" Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane

Postby Rayge » 05 Apr 2017, 09:11

The fleecers are sharpening their Shears
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 05 Apr 2017, 09:13

Take my money now!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 05 Apr 2017, 09:49

Rayge wrote:The fleecers are sharpening their Shears

:)

Very clever.

Well, there aren't many bands - there aren't many albums - I'd fork out this kind of money for, but I'm all over this one.

Some speculation that if this sells well they might do the same for the White Album next year. That would be amazing.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Apr 2017, 09:54

I hope they don't go down the anthology route and splice together takes and whatnot.

The package alone looks super cool. I'd buy it just for the poster
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 05 Apr 2017, 09:56

Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 05 Apr 2017, 10:05

Dog Pickle 'BEAUT' wrote:
Rayge wrote:The fleecers are sharpening their Shears

:)

Very clever.

Well, there aren't many bands - there aren't many albums - I'd fork out this kind of money for, but I'm all over this one.

Some speculation that if this sells well they might do the same for the White Album next year. That would be amazing.

It would. Although the one i really want to hear broken down is Abbey Road. I feel like I know all their albums inside out – every story of how every song came about, demos, etc, but Abbey Road s always glossed over – despite it being (arguably) their most complex album.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 05 Apr 2017, 11:42

Dog Pickle 'BEAUT' wrote:Amazon Italy have the best price:

https://www.amazon.it/Sgt-Peppers-Lonel ... shtv.it-21

At just over £80, that's more reasonable -- ta very much, you tart ;)
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 05 Apr 2017, 11:48

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 05 Apr 2017, 14:03

Goat Boy wrote:No carnival of light then

I mean, you are more than welcome to laugh at me here, and it is such a deeply desperate remark, but...POSSIBLY a "hidden track"?

I know EXACTLY how I sound...

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Apr 2017, 16:14

Have you heard of the Hoffmann board? I think you'd like it there
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 05 Apr 2017, 16:15

Perhaps it's the background music on the DVD menu?

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 05 Apr 2017, 16:25

Goat Boy wrote:Have you heard of the Hoffmann board? I think you'd like it there

:evil:

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 05 Apr 2017, 16:29

Gorts, can you change the thread title to "50th anniversary Sergeant Peppers not to "reinstate" Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane"?

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 05 Apr 2017, 16:50

The greatest album of all time.

It's a lot of money, and I can't really afford it...but what the fuck: that box-set will be mine.

Lucky it's Father's Day around then, and even luckier I've got five kids!

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Apr 2017, 18:08

Charlie O. wrote:
bhoywonder wrote:This is a vaguely interesting read... http://wogew.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/rin ... epper.html

So what did Ringo think? He thought it was great! Why? Because it originally was recorded on a 4-track with a lot of over dubs, which buried the drums. Now, the drums have been lifted and come through as they should. He was pleased. You'll be glad to know it was remastered at EMI Studios where it was originally recorded."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I guess Allison confuses remastering with remixing.

Or maybe Ringo was mis-remembering an album he apparently hadn't listened to "in decades." I never thought the drums were buried on that album.

Remastering the same mix could possibly have an effect on the drums becoming more present, but, it sounds like they did actually do a new stereo mix which is what he was listening to.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 05 Apr 2017, 19:20

soundchaser wrote:The greatest album of all time.

Cheers me to read that.

Sometimes I think it is. The sound of the thing is still absolutely extraordinary.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 05 Apr 2017, 20:20

Cheers me to read that.

Sometimes I think it is. The sound of the thing is still absolutely extraordinary.

It sounds more quaint as every year passes. I suppose it is like when people reminisce about spangles or walnut whips , better to talk about rather than taste or listen too. It really doesn't sound amazing either , which tracks sound extraordinary ? Eight of the tracks are really utter drivel.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 05 Apr 2017, 20:31

jimboo wrote:

Cheers me to read that.

It sounds more quaint as every year passes. I suppose it is like when people reminisce about spangles or walnut whips , better to talk about rather than taste or listen too. It really doesn't sound amazing either , which tracks sound extraordinary ? Eight of the tracks are really utter drivel.

Perhaps music's not your thing?

Return to “Yakety Yak”