MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 01 Apr 2017, 23:56

Still Baron wrote:My working life is spent writing, using word perfect. On rae occasions, I have to do a document in MS Word. I've just spent 45 minutes trying to format a cover page and table of contents, with page numbering to begin with the body of the document. I got it done, but I'm about homicidal. What a world!

It would probably take me twice as long. When it comes to Word and the MS Office software I am next to worthless. I used to have to type up the meetng minutes of the Radiation Safety Meeting and I really struggled. I would put it off as much as possible, sometimes taking weeks to complete it.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 03 Apr 2017, 09:28

Last night we let fate pick our holiday destination for Easter: on ebookers, we chose the first not-so-obvious city to come up with direct flights on good friday. :P

Result: we'll spend five days at the Wellton Centrum Hotel and Spa in Riga!

Well chuffed and really looking forward to it.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Apr 2017, 16:37

Looks mighty nice!

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 03 Apr 2017, 20:00

Darcus Howe died yesterday.

Is it awful to think that my first thought was this ?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 04 Apr 2017, 13:56

Our doggie got into it with a raccoon in the back yard first thing this morning, in a small area between our house and the neighbours. They were both backed into a tight corner so I was wary of trying to go in and getting her extricated from the scrap, but it looked and sounded real ugly, so I waded in with a snow shovel and managed to grab Jenny (who, as it turns out, had also gotten an exterior telephone cable wrapped around her neck and was strangling herself) and got her out of there, but not before the other beast bit or clawed her face in a couple of spots. Remind me to check for wildlife before I let her out next time...

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 04 Apr 2017, 15:12

Neige wrote:Last night we let fate pick our holiday destination for Easter: on ebookers, we chose the first not-so-obvious city to come up with direct flights on good friday. :P

Result: we'll spend five days at the Wellton Centrum Hotel and Spa in Riga!

Well chuffed and really looking forward to it.

Riga is a great choice! The art nouveau district is lovely for a stroll and the old town is charming. If you have time, you can get a train to Majori, on the coast.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Apr 2017, 16:26

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Our doggie got into it with a raccoon in the back yard first thing this morning, in a small area between our house and the neighbours. They were both backed into a tight corner so I was wary of trying to go in and getting her extricated from the scrap, but it looked and sounded real ugly, so I waded in with a snow shovel and managed to grab Jenny (who, as it turns out, had also gotten an exterior telephone cable wrapped around her neck and was strangling herself) and got her out of there, but not before the other beast bit or clawed her face in a couple of spots. Remind me to check for wildlife before I let her out next time...

Sounds like your dog learned one of those life lessons, i.e. not everbody loves you and thinks you're cute. Glad it wasn't worse than it was.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Apr 2017, 17:12

Six String wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Our doggie got into it with a raccoon in the back yard first thing this morning, in a small area between our house and the neighbours. They were both backed into a tight corner so I was wary of trying to go in and getting her extricated from the scrap, but it looked and sounded real ugly, so I waded in with a snow shovel and managed to grab Jenny (who, as it turns out, had also gotten an exterior telephone cable wrapped around her neck and was strangling herself) and got her out of there, but not before the other beast bit or clawed her face in a couple of spots. Remind me to check for wildlife before I let her out next time...

Sounds like your dog learned one of those life lessons, i.e. not everbody loves you and thinks you're cute. Glad it wasn't worse than it was.

I wish our dog had learned that lesson with skunks. I kept a can of tomato juice in the pantry at all times because he'd come yelping back in the house after engaging skunks at night.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Apr 2017, 17:43

Went up to Oregon this weekend to check on refurbishment on my place. I dropped off my stuff at my buddy's, drove to property manager, and the first words he said was, "So, there's your neighbor. . . "

I interrupted, "This can't be good if you're starting our conversation with that."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 05 Apr 2017, 03:55

:oops: I thought I had a 1:00 appointment for an English lesson but got a phone call at 11:00 asking why I'm not at my English lesson. I picked up my calendar and saw 1:00. Then put on my reading glasses and saw the extra 1 which made it 11. Man, at last, old age has caught me up.
Question authority.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 06 Apr 2017, 08:05

Off to Alton Towers. Expect to barf before lunchtime.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 06 Apr 2017, 20:02

Barfing did not take place. First time on major rides in years.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 06 Apr 2017, 21:13

Jeemo wrote:Barfing did not take place. First time on major rides in years.

Aye, those teacups are murder.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 06 Apr 2017, 22:31

Hugh wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Barfing did not take place. First time on major rides in years.

Aye, those teacups are murder.

Tell me about it

Nemesis, Smiler, Thirteen and Rita were nothing compared to the Teacups. Drew the line at Oblivion though. Wee guy went on everything, total fearless apart from when it comes to brushing his teeth.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Apr 2017, 23:20

My son showed me his detention notice. He told me he'd been a bit sarcastic in class. It read "Mocking the Teacher."

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Apr 2017, 23:27

sloopjohnc wrote:My son showed me his detention notice. He told me he'd been a bit sarcastic in class. It read "Mocking the Teacher."

:lol: Sounds like Derek. How do you manage to discourage him without laughing and saying "that's m'boy?"
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Apr 2017, 23:40

toomanyhatz wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:My son showed me his detention notice. He told me he'd been a bit sarcastic in class. It read "Mocking the Teacher."

:lol: Sounds like Derek. How do you manage to discourage him without laughing and saying "that's m'boy?"

Because he's a good student and I know he doesn't pull that stuff often. This is Valentine's card he got his mom this year. He's kinda warped.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Apr 2017, 17:36

I'm on a steamboat with Prof, Baron and Mrs. Prof in New Orleans going down the Mississippi!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Apr 2017, 17:57

Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm on a steamboat with Prof, Baron and Mrs. Prof in New Orleans going down the Mississippi!

:lol:

You're really taking the thread's title to heart.

I think that's probably the most random part of anyone's random part of their day that anyone's ever posted.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Apr 2017, 19:29

Damn. I just got asked to fly to Vancouver next week to photograph some paintings but my work schedule is too hectic here and I can't swing it.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Return to “Nextdoorland”