Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr Markus

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Mar 2017, 03:30

Count Machuki wrote:Wow that looks like O'Parody

Nice, i love it. :lol:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Mar 2017, 15:37

Starting to feel like the beginning of the end (again), no?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 21 Mar 2017, 15:40

The Daily Beast: "Trump’s team quit dismissing allegations of Kremlin ties after James Comey said they’re being investigated. Instead, the GOP tried to claim the real story is leaks and Paul Manafort was a temporary aide and Michael Flynn was just a 'volunteer.'”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... shell.html

Running scared?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 21 Mar 2017, 17:55

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Mar 2017, 20:00

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Mar 2017, 17:17

This whole thing with the Russian investigation is crazy in so many ways. If a Democratic President was accused of conspiring with Russians to influence the election, he or she would be halfway to impeachment by now. I am waiting, but not hoping, that more evidence comes out about the connections. Here was former Intelligence counsel last night after one of my California congress persons said he was taking committee evidence to Trump.

Democratic co-committee member, Adam Schiff, has a right to be pissed off. Nunes is a fucking stooge and I tweeted to him accordingly, last night.

JEREMY BASH: Brian, I served as chief counsel of the House intelligence committee, and I think in 40 years of the committee's existence, since the post-Watergate era reforms with the Church and Pike committees that emerged from those scandals, I have never heard of a chairman of an oversight committee going to brief the President of the United States about concerns he has about things he's read in intelligence reports. The job of the committee is to do oversight over the executive branch. Not to bring them into their investigation or tip them off to things they may be looking at. And I've got to believe that other members of the committee are horrified at what they just witnessed. This is a chairman who is supposed to be doing an impartial, bipartisan investigation of the president and his inner circle. Instead, he goes and basically tells the president and his team everything he knows. It's very concerning, particularly when what he is saying is that the collection was lawful, it was court ordered by lifetime federal judges against valid foreign intelligence targets, that the reports generated by the nonpartisan, nonpolitical intelligence community were of foreign intelligence value. And then he goes and tries to make this into a political cover story for the president's tweet storm two Saturdays ago and potentially reveals to the president things about the committee's existing investigation. This is a true breakdown, Brian, in the entire oversight process. ​
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 23 Mar 2017, 17:58

No surprise that Nunes was a member of Trump's "transition team".
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 24 Mar 2017, 03:57

PresMuffley wrote:No surprise that Nunes was a member of Trump's "transition team".

I read your posts on CiF quite frequently, they are rather good.

I am on there as well, but I tend to get modded a lot for posting the sort of vitriolic abuse that gets a free pass on here :)

I also hang around the Rugby threads and on articles about climate change telling idiots why they are wrong and CO2 really can warm a planet
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Mar 2017, 07:25

sloopjohnc wrote:If a Democratic President was accused of conspiring with Russians to influence the election, he or she would be halfway to impeachment by now. ​

But it's fine and dandy for presidents from either party, along with aspiring presidents, to allow Wall Street honchos into their inner circles. Not that Goldman Sachs would have any influence on elections nor would the world's richest people have anything but respect and the best interests of middle class Americans in their hearts. If ever a hearing re outside meddling into government affairs is warranted we should see Wall Street assholes being grilled. (Mmm, grilled asshole.)

And who are reputed to be the biggest liars? Car salesmen and politicians. And spies. Jesus, if you believe this crap you are being duped big time. And you fail to see that this mountain molehill game of lies they are playing is so so so dangerous. Aside from the words of liars have you seen any proof of Russian meddling, anything tangible like Russians taking over unions or corporations. Yes, there is Russia's huge stake in American uranium mining but they got that contract with a huge boost from Bill and Hillary Clinton. And it was HRC's own incompetence responsible for swaying the election to Trump. For excellent evidence of intelligence perfidy think of the latest Wikileaks which says the CIA can mask which country is hacking. Not proof that Russia didn't hack but if ever a pot called the kettle black this was it. Wake the fuck up.
Last edited by Jimbo on 24 Mar 2017, 12:42, edited 3 times in total.
Question authority.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 09:38

Copehead wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:No surprise that Nunes was a member of Trump's "transition team".

I read your posts on CiF quite frequently, they are rather good.

I am on there as well, but I tend to get modded a lot for posting the sort of vitriolic abuse that gets a free pass on here :)

I also hang around the Rugby threads and on articles about climate change telling idiots why they are wrong and CO2 really can warm a planet

Stalker!

Ha! I actually just started commenting there Monday out of boredom. Yesterday I requested my account to be deleted after having four consecutive posts deleted on this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/23/sexualization-13-year-old-internet-meme-cash-me-ousside

Their "moderation" is crap. I suspect nothing more than a bot. My comments are pre-moderated now. They still haven't deleted my account.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 12:36

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 13:05

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 13:41

Four hrs of debate. Vote expected around 5 PM EST.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Mar 2017, 15:50

PresMuffley wrote:Four hrs of debate. Vote expected around 5 PM EST.

I love it that this healthcare bill is being stymied by the Tea Party caucus - after eight years of Obama's and Democratic frustration, Republicans are being hoisted by their own petard.

Trump's going to blame if it doesn't pass on Tom Price or Ryan and I have the feeling if you don't do what you said you were going to do with Trump, you're persona non grata forever in his eyes.

It seems like a very flawed bill that takes away coverages from the people who need it the most, like rehab services. Last week, I watched a CNN town hall with Bernie Sanders from Kentucky. They were talking about drug addiction. They'd built a prison to give a local region jobs but no one could pass the drug test so they had to bus in workers from outside.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Mar 2017, 16:19

Trump was tweet-threatening last night that if they didn't pass the bill today, he was gonna move on to other business.

My immediate thought was "good!" - but then, no, it really won't be. "Good" just isn't a word we'll be using too much with Trump, I think.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 16:21

sloopjohnc wrote:

I love it that this healthcare bill is being stymied by the Tea Party caucus - after eight years of Obama's and Democratic frustration, Republicans are being hoisted by their own petard.

Trump's going to blame if it doesn't pass on Tom Price or Ryan and I have the feeling if you don't do what you said you were going to do with Trump, you're persona non grata forever in his eyes.

It seems like a very flawed bill that takes away coverages from the people who need it the most, like rehab services. Last week, I watched a CNN town hall with Bernie Sanders from Kentucky. They were talking about drug addiction. They'd built a prison to give a local region jobs but no one could pass the drug test so they had to bus in workers from outside.

I missed that Sanders KY town hall, but he was great in the one held in West Virginia that aired on MSNBC. Riveting TV.

This bill is horrible. The ACA is very flawed, but rather than attempt to fix anything, the Republicans are happy to trot out what amounts to a huge tax cut for the wealthiest in the country, cutting billions in Medicaid, charging seniors higher rates and leaving 24 million more without any coverage. The way things have been going, I'm not going to get too hopeful this shit won't pass, but it is looking increasingly unlikely

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Mar 2017, 16:31

PresMuffley wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I missed that Sanders KY town hall, but he was great in the one held in West Virginia that aired on MSNBC. Riveting TV.

This bill is horrible. The ACA is very flawed, but rather than attempt to fix anything, the Republicans are happy to trot out what amounts to a huge tax cut for the wealthiest in the country, cutting billions in Medicaid, charging seniors higher rates and leaving 24 million more without any coverage. The way things have been going, I'm not going to get too hopeful this shit won't pass, but it is looking increasingly unlikely

The more I hear about it, the more it seems as a way to placate Republicans in cutting the deficit and goes against all of Trump's promises of a plan that would cover more people and have better coverage than Obamacare.

No wonder reps are getting blasted at town halls.

Last night, I saw a poll from Nate Silver's site and it has a 17% approval rating. As Rachel Maddow said, Chris Christie has a higher approval rating. That's sad.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Mar 2017, 16:56

Does anyone think that the republicans that were against Trump from day one of his nomination, and have continued to do so, should be acknowledged that they at least exist? I know some opposed him and then changed to support him, but the ones that stuck it out. I was going to say "commended at least" but I thought commended would even be too strong a word.

*Edited*
Last edited by Dr Markus on 24 Mar 2017, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 17:06

sloopjohnc wrote:The more I hear about it, the more it seems as a way to placate Republicans in cutting the deficit and goes against all of Trump's promises of a plan that would cover more people and have better coverage than Obamacare.

The negotiations they had overnight ended up subtracting 180 billion dollars from the initial estimates in deficit savings while failing to provide any additional coverage.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 24 Mar 2017, 17:09

The Great Defector wrote:Does anyone think that the republicans that against Trump should be acknowledged that they at least exist? I was going to say "commended at least" but I thought commended would even be too strong a word.

Fuck them. Their argument against it is it's not conservative enough - meaning, it doesn't rip off enough poor people. Their idea of freedom and liberty is having the freedom and liberty to choose whether you want to eat or have insurance.

Return to “Nextdoorland”