90%
No
10%

Total votes: 10

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: Should Osborne resign?

Postby yomptepi » 18 Mar 2017, 13:44

I am sure he is just about to do just that. He has no future in the current government, and there is absolutely no hope of the torys being voted out at the next general election. so he might as well make some money for a few years. By the look of him, I'd say he'd had enough anyway.
You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 Mar 2017, 15:42

yomptepi wrote:I am sure he is just about to do just that. He has no future in the current government, and there is absolutely no hope of the torys being voted out at the next general election. so he might as well make some money for a few years. By the look of him, I'd say he'd had enough anyway.

You would think that he would resign first then announce his editorship then. It's a fucking disgrace. Fucking old boy network in action. What the fuck does he know about editing a daily paper?

As editor he is legally responsible for the contents of the paper - ads and editorial. Will he be able to ensure content is up to scratch? Does he have any knowledge at all about the processes involved?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 18 Mar 2017, 15:49

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:I am sure he is just about to do just that. He has no future in the current government, and there is absolutely no hope of the torys being voted out at the next general election. so he might as well make some money for a few years. By the look of him, I'd say he'd had enough anyway.

You would think that he would resign first then announce his editorship then. It's a fucking disgrace. Fucking old boy network in action. What the fuck does he know about editing a daily paper?

As editor he is legally responsible for the contents of the paper - ads and editorial. Will he be able to ensure content is up to scratch? Does he have any knowledge at all about the processes involved?

I have to agree. The whole thing is like the twilight zone.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 18 Mar 2017, 16:26

Where's the 'he should choke to death eating a bucket of his own faeces' option?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 Mar 2017, 19:29

Darkness_Fish wrote:Where's the 'he should choke to death eating a bucket of his own faeces' option?

That's the problem really.
You get a new shower of cunts in and it's easy to forget how Osbourne and Cameron effectively destroyed the country as we knew it in their entitled hubris.

History may well judge them as the worst regime of all time... while May is just making their disaster worse with her dogmatic incompetence.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Postby ... » 19 Mar 2017, 01:42

Darkness_Fish wrote:Where's the 'he should choke to death eating a bucket of his own faeces' option?

His hectic six jobs a week schedule still has a window you know.

Does the job you mention carry a salary? If so where can he sign?

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 19 Mar 2017, 10:14

Well I voted 'no' - as long as he is paying 45% income tax on all those jobs of course.

Face it - if he's busy doing other things, then he's not attending the house of commons......

If his voters are stupid enough to live with it, then who am I to complain?

borofan

Postby borofan » 19 Mar 2017, 17:32

If he turns out as good an editor as he was a Chancellor, the Standard will be out of business in a fortnight.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 19 Mar 2017, 20:38

borofan wrote:If he turns out as good an editor as he was a Chancellor, the Standard will be out of business in a fortnight.

Every cloud...

Makes you wonder if everything Osbourne and Cameron did as the two most powerful politicians in the U.K. was a short term gambit to outmanoeuvre their political opponents, be it Miliban or Farage, and now May.

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 20 Mar 2017, 02:27

borofan wrote:If he turns out as good an editor as he was a Chancellor, the Standard will be out of business in a fortnight.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Mar 2017, 05:52

It's all a ploy I reckon - in fortnight or so we'll get his resignation speech in the Commons, saying something like "Whilst I believed I was able to do both jobs, I am mindful of my constituents who have expressed their concerns - and, for that reason alone, I shall resign as MP from (date after their next fortnight sojourn at Easter)"...... then it will be him doing every one else a favour, see?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 20 Mar 2017, 09:29

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 20 Mar 2017, 09:42

I don't have a lot of time for Watson - although his unrelenting pursuit of Murdoch & co over phone hacking at a time when everyone else was toeing the News International line pretty much excuses many other faults - but Momentum are living in a fantasy.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Mar 2017, 09:42

There was a fairly substantial investigative journalism piece yesterday about the Hard Left's infiltration of the Labour Party.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 20 Mar 2017, 09:48

What is considered hard left in the UK?

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Mar 2017, 10:00

A life of face-palming

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 20 Mar 2017, 10:05

After listening to the tape I found nothing sinister. Sounds like people attempting to organize in the hopes of bringing Labour back to what it once was. A bit optimistic and perhaps unrealistic.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 20 Mar 2017, 10:09

Momentum preys on the political aspirations of the over educated and under employed. People who think they are they are more important than are , and certainly much cleverer than everyone else. The only reason they have any sway at the moment is because Ed Miliband completely fucked up the electoral system for the leadership. Effectively burying Labour for the next twenty years.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 20 Mar 2017, 10:32

yomptepi wrote:People who think they are they are more important than are , and certainly much cleverer than everyone else.

So, basically... everyone? That's been my experience. You're saying they're intellectual eititists, though?

The only reason they have any sway at the moment is because Ed Miliband completely fucked up the electoral system for the leadership. Effectively burying Labour for the next twenty years.

Care to explain further? I would appreciate it.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 Mar 2017, 10:42

PresMuffley wrote:What is considered hard left in the UK?

Anyone who has half a fancy to say they are, as it suits the moment.
They're normally big fans of the IRA, overtly or covertly.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Return to “Nextdoorland”