Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 8

PresMuffley

Re: "Fake News"

Postby PresMuffley » 14 Mar 2017, 14:21

I stopped reading when he got to Maddow because I don't care for her and don't need to be reaffirmed in my position.

A few questions I have about what I did read are:

1) This anti-Russian hysteria began some years ago when Russian President Vladimir Putin made clear that Russia would no longer bow to dictates from Washington and Brussels. Russia bristled at the encroachment of NATO on its borders, rejected the neoconservative agenda of “regime change” wars in Muslim countries, and resisted the U.S.-backed putsch ousting Ukraine’s elected president in 2014.

Why does he fail to mention Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea?

2) the anti-Russian frenzy gained unstoppable momentum with the U.S. election in 2016. The Democrats, liberals and neoconservatives were horrified at the shocking upset of their presidential choice, Hillary Clinton, by the boorish and buffoonish Donald Trump.

Why does he fail to mention Trump's comments in Florida?

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing."
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Mar 2017, 14:33

PresMuffley wrote:I stopped reading when he got to Maddow because I don't care for her and don't need to be reaffirmed in my position.

A few questions I have about what I did read are:

1) This anti-Russian hysteria began some years ago when Russian President Vladimir Putin made clear that Russia would no longer bow to dictates from Washington and Brussels. Russia bristled at the encroachment of NATO on its borders, rejected the neoconservative agenda of “regime change” wars in Muslim countries, and resisted the U.S.-backed putsch ousting Ukraine’s elected president in 2014.

Why does he fail to mention Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea?

2) the anti-Russian frenzy gained unstoppable momentum with the U.S. election in 2016. The Democrats, liberals and neoconservatives were horrified at the shocking upset of their presidential choice, Hillary Clinton, by the boorish and buffoonish Donald Trump.

Why does he fail to mention Trump's comments in Florida?

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing."

1. He was keeping it short but the fact is that after the US-backed coup the Crimeans, not ethnic Ukrainians, voted whether to stay in Ukraine or rejoin Russia and Russia won overwhelmingly. (Check Wikipedia.)

2. Trump was joking.
Question authority.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 14 Mar 2017, 15:01

"He was keeping it short."

Worst excuse ever.

Ah yes, the ever sarcastic Trump was just kidding around. How could I have forgotten such a pointed wit? Don't you think it's important to note his comments regardless whether or not he was displaying his fine-tuned comedic abilities?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Mar 2017, 15:14

PresMuffley wrote:"He was keeping it short."

Worst excuse ever.

Ah yes, the ever sarcastic Trump was just kidding around. How could I have forgotten such a pointed wit? Don't you think it's important to note his comments regardless whether or not he was displaying his fine-tuned comedic abilities?

1. The Ukraine story is Parry's bailiwick. For the sake of that particular piece he felt it wasn't necessary to cover the whole event. If you are interested CN is the place for all your Ukraine coup news.

2. I didn't say it was a funny joke just a bit of snark. Or, wait a sec, do you think candidate Trump was so deeply embedded in the Russian intelligence system that he had actual knowledge that Russia has HRC's emails? Someone get the needle-nosed pliers because you done swallowed the hook.
Question authority.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 14 Mar 2017, 15:38

The point is he failed to note two very important events that pertain to the argument he's attempting to make. I'm not saying he needed to write an entire history of Ukraine, but simply mention another reason that parts of the U.S. government and media are currently at odds with Russia. The same with Trump's comment in Florida. Whether you believe he was joking or not is not the point. The episode was another example of the build up to this current hysteria. Why would he leave these out of the article? It couldn't possibly be that he feels they would somehow undercut his argument, right? Surely not.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Mar 2017, 15:41

How fucked up the shit is in the USA. Revisiting the Michael Brown story two years later when there new conclusive evidence - that the police had all along - that Michael Brown was not the strong-armed robber who got shot to death for jay walking.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Mar 2017, 16:26

PresMuffley wrote:The point is he failed to note two very important events that pertain to the argument he's attempting to make. I'm not saying he needed to write an entire history of Ukraine, but simply mention another reason that parts of the U.S. government and media are currently at odds with Russia. The same with Trump's comment in Florida. Whether you believe he was joking or not is not the point. The episode was another example of the build up to this current hysteria. Why would he leave these out of the article? It couldn't possibly be that he feels they would somehow undercut his argument, right? Surely not.

Welcome to the Jimbo Rabbit-Hole! You might see some people you recognize on your way down. :lol:
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Mar 2017, 16:34

So how did the 9/11 truther narrative ever end up? Was it the deep state?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Mar 2017, 03:49

If not "fake news" this report is "not news." News is: "Man bites dog." This report says, "Trump paid taxes." Oh, and Russia, Russia, Russia!
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Mar 2017, 04:07

Maddox's show isn't news. It's commentary. For the sake of this thread, maybe we should distinguish between the two.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Mar 2017, 05:53

Davey, from where do you get your news and which commentators do you like?
Question authority.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 17 Mar 2017, 07:28

He talks shit about everyone's sources then posts links to the Daily Beast and Huffington Post.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Mar 2017, 08:02

Jimbo wrote:Davey, from where do you get your news and which commentators do you like?

I dont put a ton of trust in any particular source. I read across the spectrum as best as possible.

PresMuffley wrote:He talks shit about everyone's sources then posts links to the Daily Beast and Huffington Post.

:roll:

I'm still waiting for you to make a substantive critique of those articles. Thus far your dismissal of them is based almost solely on the their URL.

For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever gone to either of those sites to look for news. But if I see a specific article from any site that interests me - I'll read it and evaluate it on its own merits.

You'll both note that over the course of this thread I've taken the time to read or view most of what's been posted. That's my habit in most of these kinds of conversations - and I have them with people all over the ideological map.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 17 Mar 2017, 08:10

Whatever, dude. I didn't feel you ever made a substantive argument against Greenwald, you simply nitpicked about adjectives. My replies to you about the DB article couldn't have been more honest and forthright. Never looked at the HP article, and I never will.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Mar 2017, 08:29

You honestly and forthrightly had no argument to make other than the fact that you vaguely felt the article lumped all progressives together (it didn't) and that you didn't like the Daily Beast (I'm no booster either). FWIW - I'll also remind you that I had barely skimmed the article myself (and said as much) and posted it only because the title amused me. Hardly a case of me endorsing it. Though I did ultimately find it an interesting read when I went back to it.

As for Greenwald - it isn't a nitpick to point out his use of hyperbole to try and sell points that he doesn't bother to establish with facts. It gets right down to the crux of his value as an arbiter of truth.

But if that isn't a dealbreaker for you...who am I to judge?

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 17 Mar 2017, 11:18

You bitch about hyperbole, but what is the title of the article?

How Putin Played the Far Left

As if the far left is some homogenous cell that sits around chitchatting about the wonders of living under an oppressive regime while sipping gourmet, organic, fair trade, Kenyan whole bean coffee. I could go much further, but I don't particularly care to at the moment. I am an adult. I have a brain. I use it. I don't get paid to critique news articles to people online whom I will most likely never meet.

Postby ... » 17 Mar 2017, 14:38

Jimbo wrote:

(Check Wikipedia.)

Is this the same Wikipedia you were dismissing as peddling fake news a couple of pages back, J?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Mar 2017, 16:01

PresMuffley wrote:You bitch about hyperbole, but what is the title of the article?

How Putin Played the Far Left

It's not a particularly hyperbolic headline at all. You are grasping at straws.

PresMuffley wrote:As if the far left is some homogenous cell that sits around chitchatting about the wonders of living under an oppressive regime while sipping gourmet, organic, fair trade, Kenyan whole bean coffee. I could go much further, but I don't particularly care to at the moment.

Absolutely none of this is said (or even implied) by any language in this article. Are writers now responsible for the shit you project?

PresMuffley wrote: I am an adult. I have a brain. I use it. I don't get paid to critique news articles to people online whom I will most likely never meet.

That's all to the good. If you were getting paid for this, I'd hope you'd be better at it.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 17 Mar 2017, 17:01

You & your boy jimbo are a match made in heaven. Keep on keepin' on with your bullshit status quo neoliberal centrist failure of a philosophy. Thanks to unimaginative, intellectually bankrupt folks such as yourself we're all fucked.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Mar 2017, 17:51

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Conspiracyland”