Geert Wilders or Trump?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

More punchable face: Geert Wilders or Trump?

Geerty Geert
50%
DJ T-Rump
50%

Total votes: 4

PresMuffley

Geert Wilders or Trump?

Postby PresMuffley » 23 Feb 2017, 21:56

A conundrum.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

jimboo

Re: Geert Wilders or Trump?

Postby jimboo » 23 Feb 2017, 22:00

Donny has the shittier hair ( close though )
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 23 Feb 2017, 22:40

Geert looks more sinister to me, but maybe by sinister I just mean ugly.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 24 Feb 2017, 21:52

See you and raise.

Michael Gove.

I have started a campaign to promote the word govian as an English equivalent for the German word that means "A face that needs punching"

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 25 Feb 2017, 16:04

He looks like a petulant ten-year-old locked in a fifty-year-old's face. Or something like that... very punchable, though.

Is there actually a German word for this?

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 25 Feb 2017, 17:12

PresMuffley wrote:He looks like a petulant ten-year-old locked in a fifty-year-old's face. Or something like that... very punchable, though.

You mean this?

On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 25 Feb 2017, 17:16

Nah, I was talking about Gove, not Geert. I'm not sure what that's reminiscent of, but it does gross me out.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 25 Feb 2017, 23:46

Gene Wilder.

Any day of the week.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 26 Feb 2017, 00:20

For some moments in life, there are no words. Run along now.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 26 Feb 2017, 00:21

PresMuffley wrote:He looks like a petulant ten-year-old locked in a fifty-year-old's face. Or something like that... very punchable, though.

Backpfeifengesicht apparently means "a face that should be slapped/punched". So, govian it is!

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 26 Feb 2017, 01:20

The Atlantic has it translated as "a face badly in need of a fist".

I can dig it.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 15 Mar 2017, 09:58

Hope the fucker losses today.

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 Mar 2017, 10:35

PresMuffley wrote:Hope the fucker losses today.

He will lose. In the broad sense. He did lose a lot of sympathy over the past weeks, which is reflected in the latest polls. Also: his main rival, our current PM Mark Rutte, got a lot of sympathy for his stance in the row with Erdogan.

Even if Wilders would rake in some 20 seats in the new parliament: all significant other parties have firmly ruled out any collaboration with him, in the coming goverment.

At best, he's in for a major but toothless opposition role - though I must say that I base this on my contention that he can no longer hide the fact that he played the advocate for the poor and elderly, but actually always voted for all neoliberal cuts in our social institutions.

That his army of fans never even seemed to grasp this cold fact, or chose to live in the highly fictional world of mr. Wilders, doesn't really speak for their intelligence.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/14/spa ... -election/

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2017/03/13/g ... r-get-out/

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 15 Mar 2017, 10:53

Wilders is a nasty fucker - really dislikeable. He leaves Trump in the dirt when it comes to personality defects.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Mar 2017, 10:58

I know very little about Wilders but he looks like some public school bully
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 15 Mar 2017, 11:07

Yeah. It's more calculated with him, there's a real black hole at his centre. He's the sort of cunt who genuinely thinks Muslims are inferior beings, he called Moroccans 'scum'.

For all his faults, at least with Nellie you could imagine sitting down with him. He talks a lot of shit, he's misguided, but you don't get the sense he's fired up about any particular issue. He's not monomaniacal like Wilders.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 Mar 2017, 11:26

OH wrote:Wilders is a nasty fucker - really dislikeable. He leaves Trump in the dirt when it comes to personality defects.

Defects is the right term.

He has mental issues - there are few calm observers who doubt this. He suffers from tunnel vision, cognitive dissonance. He doesn't seem to perceive that his own attitudes are enormously contradictory to each other.

He is fanatically pro-Israel; and feverishly supports the cause of the Jewish. But at the same time he adores Jean-Marie Le Pen and his daughter, Marine. Who never hid their antisemitism.

His party, the PVV, is unique, in that is has no democratic structure. Wilders is its Leader. And tyrant. He is known for putting his subordinates under extreme stress. He has fits of anger if someone doesn't reply to a (always highly authoritarian and unforgiving) email immediately.

Wilders is the only member of his party, which actually functions like a foundation, not a political party. His sources of income are mostly unknown, and Wilders always refused to reveal them - though it is a public secret that he gets cash from US and Israel sources (literally - there is this notorious story of him schlepping a case filled to the brim with dollars, probably, around). Two weeks ago, news from the USA reached our shores that David Horowitz, an billionaire and activist on the extreme right, has been funding Wilders, under the pretext of helping W. to pay for his lawyers during his court cases - which also can be read as: Wilders needs those court cases to get money from outside, IMHO).

Actually, Dutch parties are obliged to reveal all income above a certain, and quite low, level - for one reason or another, Wilders was never taken to task about his refusing this.

-------

Now, about his youth -

few serious observers doubt that Wilders still bears serious scars from his school years. In fact, he is of Indonesian descent (at least in part); and in younger days, this was obvious in his appearance. He was bullied about this in very ugly ways - his class mates called him 'the nigger of Venlo'.

(I myself was born in Venlo, and am only 4 years older than Wilders (54 now). I can't recall a broad tendency towards discrimination in my city, then. People from Indonesia weren't looked down upon, is my recollection. On the other hand: Wilders and I never crossed paths, so our environments were different by definition, then - but it may be said that his being bullied so badly could have been an isolated, and therefore an even more sad case, for he may not have had fellow sufferers to find comfort with.)

Did he internalize the bullying, and his victimhood, and later project these traumas onto other, easily identifiable people, say, Muslims?

My amateur reply would be: yes.

-------

Finally: here is a piccie of Wilders in his young days. Please compare it to the other photo I posted:

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 15 Mar 2017, 12:32

Very interesting info about his background. I had no idea. It doesn't lessen my dislike for him, but it does put a slightly more human face on an otherwise monstrous speciman.

Our right-wing kook politicians certainly seem to have found common ground with him:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/12/steve-king-iowa-congressman-geert-wilders-immigration

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Mar 2017, 12:40

He looks like some cunt from the 18th Century with that hair.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 15 Mar 2017, 13:16

He would probably prefer that you refer to him as a 17th century cunt. Those were the good times.

Return to “Nextdoorland”