MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Mar 2017, 17:21

We're there from the 24th of June to the 1st of July, so any time after that should be good.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 11 Mar 2017, 23:01

My Russian flatmate is a fuckin' racist.
He is a fuckin' bleeding racist.
I knew he was a twat but he's a fuckin' racist too.
THE CUNT!
I run out of talent

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Mar 2017, 00:57

I took photographs of a coyote and an alligator today.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2017, 11:19

Teaching a private lesson today (which is not much more than an hour of chatting in English), when i asked my student, an educated woman in her 40s if she'd like to travel to the United States today she said no. It is too strange these days, she said, kind of like North Korea.
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Mar 2017, 15:03

Jimbo wrote:Teaching a private lesson today (which is not much more than an hour of chatting in English), when i asked my student, an educated woman in her 40s if she'd like to travel to the United States today she said no. It is too strange these days, she said, kind of like North Korea.

I've read and heard lots of reports since the Kansas incident with Indian students about coming to the US. Seems the attitude about studying and working in the US has changed dramatically. Obviously, the media chooses to air and print quotes that validate their point of view, but I've also heard about lots more comments about the amount of Indian folk living in my adopted hometown of Fremont that might not have been voiced before.

I heard my boss, who grew up here, say, "Now I count the amount of white people when I walk in a bank or store." My son told me one his friend's dad say, "It didn't use to look like Bombay when I grew up here."

Yes, Fremont has a large Asian, and Indian population, specifically, but it seems some folks feel more free commenting on the ethnic mix now.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2017, 15:17

Not that Trump is Hitler but he does radiate some bad juju. Would you have gone to Germany for pleasure or to study in 1940?
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Mar 2017, 17:48

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Teaching a private lesson today (which is not much more than an hour of chatting in English), when i asked my student, an educated woman in her 40s if she'd like to travel to the United States today she said no. It is too strange these days, she said, kind of like North Korea.

I've read and heard lots of reports since the Kansas incident with Indian students about coming to the US. Seems the attitude about studying and working in the US has changed dramatically. Obviously, the media chooses to air and print quotes that validate their point of view, but I've also heard about lots more comments about the amount of Indian folk living in my adopted hometown of Fremont that might not have been voiced before.

I heard my boss, who grew up here, say, "Now I count the amount of white people when I walk in a bank or store." My son told me one his friend's dad say, "It didn't use to look like Bombay when I grew up here."

Yes, Fremont has a large Asian, and Indian population, specifically, but it seems some folks feel more free commenting on the ethnic mix now.

I have to say, it feels weird if I go into a community and only see white people. I've been in an ethnically mixed city/neighborhood for so long it feels quite normal, as it should.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 13 Mar 2017, 18:28

Today, what I thought was an unusually large police van turned out to be a Tesco delivery van.

Then I saw a very ill-looking, skinny horse. Turned out it was a goat.

It happens.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Mar 2017, 23:04

How's your eyesight these days? ;)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Mar 2017, 00:55

I'm drinking brandy in Havana
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 14 Mar 2017, 01:05

Que triste!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Mar 2017, 01:28

Au contraire mon ami, muchos happy
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Mar 2017, 03:36

Life is good Jeemo.

In other news, I think I've found a new place to live and I love it. It's old looking everything including a cool old Westwood gas stove. The kitchen will hold my wine cabinet so it doesn't have to live in the garage anymore so that will be good for the compressor. It's smaller than ideal for me but that will force me to shed a few things I can live without. Moving is always a cathartic thing in a way. You change your mmediate environment and you really do think about what's important to keep when you move around. I will be shedding a few things but most importantly my life will move on from being divorced to being a human again. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2017, 15:29

A few days ago, I got notice on Facebook that a local brewer I like was going bankrupt. This brewer is near and dear to some BCBers - Minnie and I shared one of their beers, Big Daddy, on her first visit here after we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked to a venerable SF bar near her hotel - Perry's on Union St.

I have a good friend who has a couple restaurants in Sacramento and is very close to regional brewers. He knows a lot of people in the industry having worked for Anchor Steam Brewery in San Francisco and had been the main buyer for the 21st Amendment, a bar near the SF Giants ballpark in San Francisco.

I asked him why Speakeasy is going under and here was his message back:

"Bad management. Owner is a dick. Burned every bridge he had."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Mar 2017, 15:30

sloopjohnc wrote:A few days ago, I got notice on Facebook that a local brewer I like was going bankrupt. This brewer is near and dear to some BCBers - Minnie and I shared one of their beers, Big Daddy, on her first visit here after we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked to a venerable SF bar near her hotel - Perry's on Union St.

I have a good friend who has a couple restaurants in Sacramento and is very close to regional brewers. He knows a lot of people in the industry having worked for Anchor Steam Brewery in San Francisco and had been the main buyer for the 21st Amendment, a bar near the SF Giants ballpark in San Francisco.

What a shame!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Mar 2017, 19:11

Six String wrote:Life is good Jeemo.

In other news, I think I've found a new place to live and I love it. It's old looking everything including a cool old Westwood gas stove. The kitchen will hold my wine cabinet so it doesn't have to live in the garage anymore so that will be good for the compressor. It's smaller than ideal for me but that will force me to shed a few things I can live without. Moving is always a cathartic thing in a way. You change your mmediate environment and you really do think about what's important to keep when you move around. I will be shedding a few things but most importantly my life will move on from being divorced to being a human again. :)

Best wishes for your move, Les.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Mar 2017, 19:56

sloopjohnc wrote:A few days ago, I got notice on Facebook that a local brewer I like was going bankrupt. This brewer is near and dear to some BCBers - Minnie and I shared one of their beers, Big Daddy, on her first visit here after we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked to a venerable SF bar near her hotel - Perry's on Union St.

What restaurants does your friend have in Sacramento? It's a shame about Speakeasy. They make good beer, at least the Big Daddy IPA, which is all I've tasted. Competition has to be tough. I read an article about the explosion of breweries in Sacramento and whether we had hit a saturation point or not. There's a lot of beer here that's for sure.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2017, 19:57

Jeemo wrote:
Six String wrote:Life is good Jeemo.

Best wishes for your move, Les.

Wow, how did I miss this one. I, like you, Les, don't mind losing a few thing on the way to make life easier and more simple.

Good luck.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 14 Mar 2017, 20:03

sloopjohnc wrote:I, like you, Les.

I like you too, Les.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 14 Mar 2017, 20:10

I, like, like you too, Les.