MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
PresMuffley

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby PresMuffley » 06 Mar 2017, 11:04

Phil T wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:Disney's Beauty & the Beast 'cause it's for the gays.

Eh?
:?

Apparently in the new live action version there is a guy acting like a bit of a dandy, and the theater found this offensive enough to announce that with great sadness they would not be showing the picture. Not that anyone was forcing them to in the first place, but it seems they felt a strong desire to get it off their chest.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 06 Mar 2017, 11:26

PresMuffley wrote:
Phil T wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:Disney's Beauty & the Beast 'cause it's for the gays.

Eh?

Apparently in the new live action version there is a guy acting like a bit of a dandy, and the theater found this offensive enough to announce that with great sadness they would not be showing the picture. Not that anyone was forcing them to in the first place, but it seems they felt a strong desire to get it off their chest.

That's just... fucked up.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Mar 2017, 11:31

pcqgod wrote:I went to a drive-in theater last night for the first time in over 40 years. Same one I went to as a kid with my parents. Can't believe it's still being operated.

Is Count Yorga Vampire still playing?
Question authority.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 06 Mar 2017, 15:43

Phil T wrote:I'm still recovering from accidentally eating some tripe-flavoured noodles yesterday. Pippa thought it was hilarious.
Moral of the story? Next time you go into the Polish shop, take a Polish-English dictionary with you.
:evil:

echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Mar 2017, 17:31

Working with a sales/marketing guy with one of our business units who insists on using social media for a completely inappropriate line of products. Last week, he tweeted "Check this out," and a link to a site that posted something on the product. Today, he posted something about a new product on LinkedIn and Twitter that isn't even up on the website yet.

As I asked my co-worker, "Is he writing a book, 'How to Frustrate Social Media Followers in One Easy Lesson?'"
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 07 Mar 2017, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 07 Mar 2017, 17:40

Probably not.
Hope this helps.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Mar 2017, 17:49

Still Baron wrote:Probably not.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I feel better.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 07 Mar 2017, 18:19

Someone left a hardback copy of Ivanhoe on my doorstep.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Mar 2017, 04:33

I got a Facebook notice that my cousin's wife (cousin-in-law?) wanted to "friend" me. Kathy is someone whom I know well and love so I clicked Yes. Soon after I got a friendly "Hi, how are you?" private message from her. I PMed back that I was fine along with a bon mot or two. She wrote back asking if I had heard the good news? I asked what news. She responded saying she had won a prize from the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation. I wasn't surprised for Kathy has working tirelessly for Habitat for Humanity for many years. I asked what she had won imaging it was a grant or something. Then she said that if I too wanted a prize I had to type my full name into the text box. My last entry is "WTF! are you a bot?" End of conversation.
Question authority.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 08 Mar 2017, 09:04

Samoan wrote:Someone left a hardback copy of Ivanhoe on my doorstep.

The Phantom Book Lender strikes again!
Is there no end to this person's campaign of terror?
:D

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 08 Mar 2017, 13:10

Phil T wrote:
Samoan wrote:Someone left a hardback copy of Ivanhoe on my doorstep.

The Phantom Book Lender strikes again!
Is there no end to this person's campaign of terror?
:D

Either that or its a particularly recondite marketing ploy by a self-employed gardener.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Mar 2017, 16:26

Jimbo wrote:I got a Facebook notice that my cousin's wife (cousin-in-law?) wanted to "friend" me. Kathy is someone whom I know well and love so I clicked Yes. Soon after I got a friendly "Hi, how are you?" private message from her. I PMed back that I was fine along with a bon mot or two. She wrote back asking if I had heard the good news? I asked what news. She responded saying she had won a prize from the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation. I wasn't surprised for Kathy has working tirelessly for Habitat for Humanity for many years. I asked what she had won imaging it was a grant or something. Then she said that if I too wanted a prize I had to type my full name into the text box. My last entry is "WTF! are you a bot?" End of conversation.

I think hackers are fucking with Facebook, big time these days.

I got a friend acceptance from a woman I hardly knew in high school who I didn't even send a friend request. We have lots of mutual friends, but I hardly spoke to the woman. I accepted her request, but unfollowed her.

It's kinda awkward to say, "Hey, I barely knew you so I'm not accepting your acceptance of my friend request. It was a mistake."

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 08 Mar 2017, 17:54

I worked yesterday with a guy who believes the earth is flat. When I made the mistake of making conversation, we ended up talking about it. In the end, I had to distance myself from him and "get to work". I am still kind of disturbed by the experience.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Mar 2017, 18:03

Quacoan wrote:I worked yesterday with a guy who believes the earth is flat. When I made the mistake of making conversation, we ended up talking about it. In the end, I had to distance myself from him and "get to work". I am still kind of disturbed by the experience.

A couple NBA players have made that assertion. One, who I follow on Twitter, is straddling the fence on the subject.

I tweeted him and asked, "Since I've never seen you in person, should I assume you're 8" tall, and not really 6' 7" as listed, because that's the height you are on my TV screen?"

I didn't get a response.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 08 Mar 2017, 18:27

:) :) Thank you, that made me feel a bit better.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Mar 2017, 12:36

Today is San Kyu Day in Japan. San kyu is how one would say "thank you" if written in katakana. Kinda sounds like it, doesn't it? Know why today is thank you day? March is the third month - SAN, and the day is the ninth - KYU. San Kyu. :)
Question authority.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Mar 2017, 18:54

I'm in the process of booking our first 'proper' vacation in 8 years! Gonna get away from it all by driving to the east coast and staying in a cottage on Grand Manan Island in the Bay of Fundy for a week in June. I can't fucking wait!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Mar 2017, 19:02

Harvey K-Tel wrote:in the Bay of Fundy

Should be fun - it's right there in the name.

NMB

Postby NMB » 11 Mar 2017, 11:01

Mortgage paid off! :D
turn on, tune in, nod off

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 11 Mar 2017, 11:02

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I'm in the process of booking our first 'proper' vacation in 8 years! Gonna get away from it all by driving to the east coast and staying in a cottage on Grand Manan Island in the Bay of Fundy for a week in June. I can't fucking wait!

Ooh, what dates should I book off work?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Return to “Nextdoorland”