Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 17:56

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Just out of curiosity, Jimbo, what sort of terrible things do you think would have happened or would be happening had Hillary won?

More war in the middle east and a continuation of the buildup with Russia.

So is more war in the middle east looking more, or less likely under Rump? Would you trust him in a state of national emergency?

And is the buildup with Russia looking at all reduced to you? Do you feel any safer?

Trump is just getting started. It's been rocky and he has a hard road ahead and he doesn't have too many friends in the media but he is still talking unashamedly about making nice with Russia. Maybe he can do it. Maybe there will be detante. Re the middle east, he talks about working with Russia to fight terrorism. Currently Russia is cleaning up the mess we made in Syria and since Syria is Russia's ally and provides portage for their Med. fleet let the Russians do their worst to kill the terrorists.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2017, 18:03

So I'm fascinated now.

Jimbo, the story you dismiss is that all of this speings from Putin's desire to expand Russia's territory. Exhibit A in that argument is his annexation of the Ukraine.

How exactly does the story of Western aggression against Russia go? Hillary, Barack and the DNC are building up troops for what endgame in your calculus?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 17 Feb 2017, 18:19

Jimbo wrote:Trump is just getting started.

Indeed. Yet he's already alienated our immediate neighbors, all the LEGAL immigrants from Muslim majority countries living in the US, and the entire intelligence community. Wonder what he'll do next!

Re the middle east, he talks about working with Russia to fight terrorism. Currently Russia is cleaning up the mess we made in Syria and since Syria is Russia's ally and provides portage for their Med. fleet let the Russians do their worst to kill the terrorists.

Here's his first shot at fighting terrorism. How would you say it went? (Yes, I realize this is NPR, but this is the most even-handed account I can find. Feel free to show me one you think is less biased.)

But Benghazi, right?

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/10/514378178 ... -so-simple
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 18:25

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:So I'm fascinated now.

Jimbo, the story you dismiss is that all of this speings from Putin's desire to expand Russia's territory. Exhibit A in that argument is his annexation of the Ukraine.

How exactly does the story of Western aggression against Russia go? Hillary, Barack and the DNC are building up troops for what endgame in your calculus?

See Davey, to me you are living in Bizarro world. I must look the same to you because from everything I've read and found believable is - and I've said this before many times here - it was the US who sponsored and supported the coup in Ukraine. Russia did not send any - or possibly only a very few soldiers up by their border - into Ukraine. They armed the eastern rebels as well. And the Crimean people voted to join Russia. And Russia did not shoot down that airliner.

The endgame. The neo-conservatives - think the Project For a New American Century people - they're Hillary's kind of people and they have a big plan to make a world, as Randy Newman sang, where "every city the whole world round will just be another American town." See, I think they figure, gee, if Tel Aviv is just like America with McDonald's and J Crew shops why wouldn't Damascus want to be the same? Yes, I think this is a grand and cock-eyed plan for peace for Israel and it isn't working. More people are dying. More money is wasted.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 18:37

toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Trump is just getting started.

Indeed. Yet he's already alienated our immediate neighbors, all the LEGAL immigrants from Muslim majority countries living in the US, and the entire intelligence community. Wonder what he'll do next!

Re the middle east, he talks about working with Russia to fight terrorism. Currently Russia is cleaning up the mess we made in Syria and since Syria is Russia's ally and provides portage for their Med. fleet let the Russians do their worst to kill the terrorists.

Here's his first shot at fighting terrorism. How would you say it went? (Yes, I realize this is NPR, but this is the most even-handed account I can find. Feel free to show me one you think is less biased.)

But Benghazi, right?

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/10/514378178 ... -so-simple

Trump is doing poorly so far. Since he is the President I can only hope he gets better at the job. And I think he is learning. Did you see his last press conference? It wasn't that atrocious. Would Hillary been better at the job? No doubt. But she lost and we just have to either hope he gets better or he gets booted out and, happy day, we get Pence!
Question authority.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 17 Feb 2017, 18:39

Fuck making nice with Russia and fuck war on ISIS.
The damage to US foreign policy that's been done in this month trumps anything that I've seen in my lifetime.
The man is a laughing stock and no one will ever take him seriously.
Is there anyone in his administration that can utter 2 consecutive coherent sentences?
I thought Obama was bad, but man this is some clusterfuck.
What's worse is that the next president whoever it is won't have to be anything more than terrible to be seen as a major upgrade, that's how low the bar has been set.
I run out of talent

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 17 Feb 2017, 18:42

Jimbo wrote: Did you see his last press conference? It wasn't that atrocious.

It was well beyond atrocious. The main sense I got from it is, if he had to stand at the podium in a time of national crisis, his main priority would be accusing the press of bias.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2017, 18:44

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:So I'm fascinated now.

See Davey, to me you are living in Bizarro world. I must look the same to you because from everything I've read and found believable is - and I've said this before many times here - it was the US who sponsored and supported the coup in Ukraine. Russia did not send any - or possibly only a very few soldiers up by their border - into Ukraine. They armed the eastern rebels as well. And the Crimean people voted to join Russia. And Russia did not shoot down that airliner.

The endgame. The neo-conservatives - think the Project For a New American Century people - they're Hillary's kind of people and they have a big plan to make a world, as Randy Newman sang, where "every city the whole world round will just be another American town." See, I think they figure, gee, if Tel Aviv is just like America with McDonald's and J Crew shops why wouldn't Damascus want to be the same? Yes, I think this is a grand and cock-eyed plan for peace for Israel and it isn't working. More people are dying. More money is wasted.

Well come on man! Where are the links? Let's see whose reporting you are referencing!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2017, 18:49

toomanyhatz wrote:

It was well beyond atrocious. The main sense I got from it is, if he had to stand at the podium in a time of national crisis, his main priority would be accusing the press of bias.

A friend of mine called it, "his Sgt. Pepper." Sadly - I think he's only warming up.

His press conference with Netanyahu shouldn't be overlooked either. Imagine a US President stating that a one-state solution would be acceptable and that he'd let me to see our embassy moved to Jerusalem!

I'm hardly a Palestinian sympathizer - but how is that anything but an existential threat? Surely there will be blood as a result.
Last edited by Davey the Fat Boy on 17 Feb 2017, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 18:50

toomanyhatz wrote:

Yes, Trump is a character, not your average President, that is for sure but what are you going to do? There is nothing you can do except hope he does better as time goes on. I wonder if the criticism will quiet down as we collectively realize like a family with one crazy kid that we don't want to set Junior off on a tear by reminding him that he is a dummy.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2017, 18:51

Junior has the power to wish us all into the cornfield.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 18:51

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Well come on man! Where are the links? Let's see whose reporting you are referencing!

I'll keep it simple for you Davey. Go to Consortium News. That is my main source for all things of this nature.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Feb 2017, 19:28

Jimbo wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Well come on man! Where are the links? Let's see whose reporting you are referencing!

I'll keep it simple for you Davey. Go to Consortium News. That is my main source for all things of this nature.

There's a shock. :roll:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Feb 2017, 19:50

Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
More war in the middle east and a continuation of the buildup with Russia.

So is more war in the middle east looking more, or less likely under Rump? Would you trust him in a state of national emergency?

And is the buildup with Russia looking at all reduced to you? Do you feel any safer?

Trump is just getting started. It's been rocky and he has a hard road ahead and he doesn't have too many friends in the media but he is still talking unashamedly about making nice with Russia. Maybe he can do it. Maybe there will be detante. Re the middle east, he talks about working with Russia to fight terrorism. Currently Russia is cleaning up the mess we made in Syria and since Syria is Russia's ally and provides portage for their Med. fleet let the Russians do their worst to kill the terrorists.

So, is that why he said he wanted to blow up a Russian ship 30 miles off US shore if he had his druthers, but told the press his advisors told him that that would be a bad thing?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2017, 02:54

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

There's a shock. :roll:

With a little specificity please tell me why the skepticism with Consortium.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2017, 03:25

Shall I be as specific as you were in providing links to substantiate your claims?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2017, 03:46

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Shall I be as specific as you were in providing links to substantiate your claims?

I could not have been more specific. Almost every article in the CN front page refers to Russia, Putin, Ukraine, Syria, Hillary, Trump, etc. More specificity? Google Robert Parry and Ukraine. Many times before I've posted links and quotes from CN. Just have a look and then tell me what you don't agree with.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Feb 2017, 04:42

Gosh...that's more specific. :roll:

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 Feb 2017, 05:52

This morning I asked my mom if she read about the press conference yesterday and when she said know, I told her I'd like to read the transcript of the conversation between the Jewish reporter and Trump and her first response was "How do you know it's true?" I answered "do you want to watch the video? She said know so I read it to her wihout any commentary and asked her if these were the words from a sane man? People are so quick with the fake news response that they don't even think about whether there is any truth going on regardless of source. Trump has his believers so bamboozled that they are like the wagon train pulling into their protective circle to prevent any penetration by any outside sources. We listen to Donald's tweets and he tells us all we need to know. Why not? He said he was going to make America great again. :roll:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2017, 06:14

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Gosh...that's more specific. :roll:

Castigating Trump for Truth-Telling
February 7, 2017

Exclusive: President Trump says much that is untrue, but he draws some of Official Washington’s greatest opprobrium when he speaks the truth, such as noting that senior U.S. officials have done a lot of killing, writes Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/02/07/c ... h-telling/

Sir, your wish is my command. :D
Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”