in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Belle Lettre » 17 Feb 2017, 16:23

Enjoy your potato salad! :D

..and hope you all have fun.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Feb 2017, 16:30

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Nick and Cath landed last night. We're about to take them for their first BBQ.

Vayas con dios.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Feb 2017, 21:50

Now that I'm a bachelor, I do get some fun stuff for my apartment. I just got this below. When I left the apartment, my son was kicking it in the face, Bruce Lee style.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 17 Feb 2017, 21:51

Bozo Bop Bag! I bought my nephews one of those years ago...good times...
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 Feb 2017, 04:26

They oughta make a Steve Bannon one. He has the nose for it.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Feb 2017, 15:54

great, now I'm out of the BCB Cup
What next?
:cry:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Feb 2017, 15:55

Count Machuki wrote:great, now I'm out of the BCB Cup
What next?
:cry:

Start your own, rival one. Fuck em!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Feb 2017, 14:00

Found out today I have a job interview tomorrow, study cramming between calls is not easy. :D :(
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Feb 2017, 16:41

The Great Defector wrote:Found out today I have a job interview tomorrow, study cramming between calls is not easy. :D :(

What's to cram for?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Feb 2017, 16:47

My son stayed over on Saturday and wanted to watch a cheesy movie called Christian Mingle, based on the Christian dating app. It was as heavy handed as predicted. Lacy Chabert stars in it and Morgan Fairchild has a large role.

He loves to mock Christianity, for some reason, and watches movies like God is Not Dead and God is Not Dead 2, simply to mock the beliefs espoused in them.

When he and his sister were growing up, among the books I read them at night were a book on greek mythology and a kid's bible, simply as I've told them, as the stories are one of the main basis's of western literature.

The next day I asked him why he feels the need to mock Christianity, in particular, by watching those movies. Personally, I'm not a believer in any traditional Religion, but my view is, what ever gets you through the night is fine if it works for you.

He said it was the goody-goodiness of the movies and the my way or the highway approach these movies take - my paraphrasing of his response. I listened and told him that those movies are propaganda, but he shouldn't judge all people on a few movies. I don't think he bought it.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 21 Feb 2017, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Feb 2017, 16:50

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Found out today I have a job interview tomorrow, study cramming between calls is not easy. :D :(

What's to cram for?

Shit I know nothing about but need to pretend I know about to try and get the job. You never done that?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Feb 2017, 16:54

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

What's to cram for?

Shit I know nothing about but need to pretend I know about to try and get the job. You never done that?

The jobs I go for may emphasize a particular skill or skills but I've been doing marketing communications for so long, I pretty much can handle anything. I do go on a company's website to see their products, marketing tone and messages and get a sense of their audiences, but nothing beyond that.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Feb 2017, 16:59

sloopjohnc wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
What's to cram for?

The jobs I go for may emphasize a particular skill or skills but I've been doing marketing communications for so long, I pretty much can handle anything. I do go on a company's website to see their products, marketing tone and messages and get a sense of their audiences, but nothing beyond that.

Well look at me, sloop, too cool for school, no need to study! The warriors being brilliant is the worst thing to ever happen you! ;)

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Feb 2017, 17:06

sloopjohnc wrote:

Well look at me, sloop, too cool for school, no need to study! The warriors being brilliant is the worst thing to ever happen you! ;)

Well, if the job is something you haven't done before or don't have much experience in, then study. But then I don't apply for jobs like rodeo clown or astronaut.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Feb 2017, 17:11

sloopjohnc wrote:
Well, if the job is something you haven't done before or don't have much experience in, then study. But then I don't apply for jobs like rodeo clown or astronaut.

:lol:

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 21 Feb 2017, 19:42

Picking up wee guy from youth club type thing last night. Guy high on something was refused entry and took it out on my wing mirror. When I challenged him. I was met with a torrent of abuse and threats of violence. My mind flashed on the newspaper headline "Middle Aged Man Killed wearing Slippers" and decided he wasn't worth the bother. :-)
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Feb 2017, 20:28

Jimbo, is this you on the BBC sports website?

Jimbo: Great decision by the ref, thought it was a pen on 1st viewing but aguero made contact with keepers leg not other way round

;)

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Feb 2017, 03:32

Jeemo wrote:Picking up wee guy from youth club type thing last night. Guy high on something was refused entry and took it out on my wing mirror. When I challenged him. I was met with a torrent of abuse and threats of violence. My mind flashed on the newspaper headline "Middle Aged Man Killed wearing Slippers" and decided he wasn't worth the bother. :-)

That's good. You live to run another day. I'm shocked at grown adults or maybe I should say adults who get in fist fights. I haven't hit someone since I was twelve years old. I'm glad you chose the nonviolent approach even though it might have been tempting to hurt him. I'd hate to see you lose your ability to foster children because of a Neanderthal. Maybe it wouldn't happen but that can't be a good thing in your situation.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 22 Feb 2017, 09:57

Six String wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Picking up wee guy from youth club type thing last night. Guy high on something was refused entry and took it out on my wing mirror. When I challenged him. I was met with a torrent of abuse and threats of violence. My mind flashed on the newspaper headline "Middle Aged Man Killed wearing Slippers" and decided he wasn't worth the bother. :-)

That's good. You live to run another day. I'm shocked at grown adults or maybe I should say adults who get in fist fights. I haven't hit someone since I was twelve years old. I'm glad you chose the nonviolent approach even though it might have been tempting to hurt him. I'd hate to see you lose your ability to foster children because of a Neanderthal. Maybe it wouldn't happen but that can't be a good thing in your situation.

It wouldn't have seen very positively if I'd got involved while the wee guy was with me.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2017, 12:22

Job interview in t minus 23 minutes, kinda a make or break situation. :D :? :shock:

Return to “Nextdoorland”